Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4 college students found murdered In Idaho.

Grim Reaper 6

Kaylee's dog who was left unharmed, seems to be in the custody of her on/off boyfriend Jack. He was the guy who got numerous calls in the hour before the killings occurred. He was ruled out as a suspect.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/22/murdered-idaho-student-kaylee-goncalves-spared-dog-now-in-ex-boyfriend-jacks-care/

• Like 2

Authorities confirmed to ABC news that Kaylee Goncalves may have had a stalker. This is a good article.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/22/murdered-idaho-student-kaylee-goncalves-spared-dog-now-in-ex-boyfriend-jacks-care/

MOSCOW, Idaho -- As police continue to comb through evidence in the killings of four University of Idaho students found dead nearly 10 days ago, authorities said they are looking into reports that one of the female victims had a stalker.

For the first time, authorities in Moscow, Idaho confirmed to ABC News they are looking at reports that Kaylee Goncalves had a stalker. They said they hope to provide further clarity soon.

The development came a day after the family of one of the victims gathered to grieve their loss at a memorial Monday.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Many residents around the house have turned over surveillance footages from their homes. Police feel they are making progress.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/22/us/university-of-idaho-students-killed-tuesday/index.html

After interviewing more than 90 people and receiving at least 700 leads, investigators believe they are “definitely making progress” in the case, State Police communication director Aaron Snell told CNN Tuesday. Authorities are also reviewing large files after asking the public for surveillance video from the area.

“This is a very large operation, a very large investigation and it’s a very terrible crime,” he said.

Officials are next scheduled to hold a news conference Wednesday to update the public on the investigation.

• Like 4

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/23/us/moscow-idaho-killings-investigation/index.html

Quelling rumors

In the absence of details, rumors have been spiraling about the case, causing police to have to dispel them publicly, one by one.

“As people are out there and they’re talking about this case, the public sentiment changes,” Snell said. “They’re confused. They’re upset. We want to try and dispel rumors, and we want to try and make sure that the truth is out there.”

Investigators looked “extensively” into hundreds of pieces of information about victim Kaylee Goncalves having a stalker, but “have not been able to verify or identify a stalker,” police said in a Facebook post Tuesday.

Earlier, police said the surviving roommates and friends who made the 911 call and spoke to dispatchers have been excluded from involvement as suspects. A man seen on surveillance video standing near two of the victims has also been eliminated as a suspect, as well as a driver who took two of the victims home.

And the report of a “skinned” dog three weeks before the killings is not connected to the case, according to police.

Moscow Police said Monday a dog was found at the home of the stabbings, but “the dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, susieice said:

Authorities confirmed to ABC news that Kaylee Goncalves may have had a stalker. This is a good article.

MOSCOW, Idaho -- As police continue to comb through evidence in the killings of four University of Idaho students found dead nearly 10 days ago, authorities said they are looking into reports that one of the female victims had a stalker.

For the first time, authorities in Moscow, Idaho confirmed to ABC News they are looking at reports that Kaylee Goncalves had a stalker. They said they hope to provide further clarity soon.

The development came a day after the family of one of the victims gathered to grieve their loss at a memorial Monday.

If the stalker was the killer he would have raped her , there`s no evidence  the girls were raped   

10 hours ago, susieice said:

5 hours ago, susieice said:

Moscow Police said Monday a dog was found at the home of the stabbings, but “the dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party.”

I think the dog in the student’s house is a potential clue. Normally, you would expect the dog to bark if somebody strange came in the house, but since this was known as a “party house,” perhaps the dog was used to strangers.

The target(s) were also human, in this case.

Court TV did a good run down on the case last night. Having watched their stories for years, they seem to be uniquely aggressive with this one, almost to the point of anger.

It could simply be, that they feel like the local authorities may have botched the case, due to their inexperience, or it could be an unknown fact that they cannot make public.

I keep going back to this notion, that these people who called 911, didn’t witness a bloodbath. Why are these people are being hidden from the public view? Like the mysterious 911 call itself, something here, doesn’t quite add up.

I’m now beginning to wonder if possibly the 911 callers witnessed something unusual.

Here’s your court TV piece.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

I think the dog in the student’s house is a potential clue. Normally, you would expect the dog to bark if somebody strange came in the house, but since this was known as a “party house,” perhaps the dog was used to strangers.

The target(s) were also human, in this case.

Court TV did a good run down on the case last night. Having watched their stories for years, they seem to be uniquely aggressive with this one, almost to the point of anger.

It could simply be, that they feel like the local authorities may have botched the case, due to their inexperience, or it could be an unknown fact that they cannot make public.

I keep going back to this notion, that these people who called 911, didn’t witness a bloodbath. Why are these people are being hidden from the public view? Like the mysterious 911 call itself, something here, doesn’t quite add up.

I’m now beginning to wonder if possibly the 911 callers witnessed something unusual.

Here’s your court TV piece.

I think the dog would have attacked the killer :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

I think the dog would have attacked the killer :(

I believe the dog was found, wandering the streets, after the murders, if I understand correctly.

I imagine this was a very stressful environment for any dog. Looking at that TikTok video they made with this dog, I felt a little bit sorry for the pup.

Not all breeds are protective, which is a shame in this case, because that’s what they needed.

What I’d like to know now, is, what might these students who called 911, have observed, that the police don’t want us to know about? Apparently, several students talked to the dispatcher.

Normally, if someone is reported to be unconscious, dispatch will recommend that the caller go in and try to assist the patient, or provide additional information about their condition, prior to the ambulance arriving. So why didn’t that happen, or if it did, why is that information being kept hidden from U.S.?

This part of the police story is clearly, partly fictitious, and/or is missing something.

I also think the rush to tell the public initially that this was a targeted attack, and so they didn’t need to worry, is a tell. 

The police know more than they're letting on, I'm sure.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Zebra3 said:

The police know more than they're letting on, I'm sure.

They always do --  to preserve the integrity of an investigation, such as withholding key info that only the killer would know.

Very helpful in weeding-out "false confessions" for example, or in developing an actual "suspect list" during interviews when people blurt-out things they should not know.

Anyway, I guess the police have requested from the public any video footage within that area (door/porch camera's, car video recorders etc) and I heard they are already getting some footage to review.

Hopefully they will get closer to identifying the b****** that did this.

• Like 7

The police will always hold their cards close during an investigation. No exposing anything that could jeopardize the investigation or warn a suspect how close they are getting. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

If the stalker was the killer he would have raped her , there`s no evidence  the girls were raped   

Not necessarily but police have said they have looked into hundreds of tips they received about a stalker and have turned up no evidence that this was true.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, susieice said:

Not necessarily but police have said they have looked into hundreds of tips they received about a stalker and have turned up no evidence that this was true.

susie just on the police  report , a reporter asked  a question was that killer a women?  that  I suggested :rolleyes:

• Like 2

@docyabut2 The killer could be anyone. The police aren't going to say anything much until they make an arrest. This is normal procedure. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Just on the police  report , another  reporter asked  a question who was the target and the first one killed?

They are looking for those answers.

• Like 2

Anyone paying attention to the police press conference Wednesday afternoon, might have picked up on a somewhat out of place adjective, used by the Idaho State Police Chief, when asked by a CNN reporter; if the police were close to catching someone.

Why the local Moscow police chief, deferred to the state, when answering this simple question, is also a bit strange; as the state’s answer appears a bit contrived, frankly.

It’s also noteworthy, that Colonel Kedrick Wills  stumbles badly over the word “global,” as if he’s not entirely comfortable saying it. My guess is, it’s because it’s not an adjective he normally uses. In other words, he was instructed to say this, and he’s a bad actor.

These local police officers appear to be almost cowering under the weight of who likely committed this crime. If it’s truly “global,” then clearly a small town and state don’t need to be taking the lead on this situation. 

I’m now increasing the chances that Mother Russia is behind this crime to 85%, based upon what I heard and saw in this press conference. I think they already know who likely is behind this, and the agency is, in fact, a “global” one.

At the 21:50 mark:

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Anyone paying attention to the police press conference Wednesday afternoon, might have picked up on a somewhat out of place adjective, used by the Idaho State Police Chief, when asked by a CNN reporter; if the police were close to catching someone.

Why the local Moscow police chief, deferred to the state, when answering this simple question, is also a bit strange; as the state’s answer appears a bit contrived, frankly.

It’s also noteworthy, that Colonel Kedrick Wills  stumbles badly over the word “global,” as if he’s not entirely comfortable saying it. My guess is, it’s because it’s not an adjective he normally uses. In other words, he was instructed to say this, and he’s a bad actor.

These local police officers appear to be almost cowering under the weight of who likely committed this crime. If it’s truly “global,” then clearly a small town and state don’t need to be taking the lead on this situation. 

I’m now increasing the chances that Mother Russia is behind this crime to 85%, based upon what I heard and saw in this press conference. I think they already know who likely is behind this, and the agency is, in fact, a “global” one.

At the 21:50 mark:

It could be possible :(

8 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Hi Raptor

I listened to the segment and don’t think he was using the term globally in the sense that you are suggesting. As previously stated your supposition about Russians and Putin being involved is more fantasy than probability and not worth continuing to add in as pointless speculation.

This is likely the first event of this nature to occur in this community and are proceeding their investigation in a reasonable manner. Yes people are interested and that interest do not supersede the requirements for following investigative protocols which they are following. Best to wait till more can be released in a reasonable manner.

• Like 7

On 11/24/2022 at 2:06 AM, Raptor Witness said:

I believe the dog was found, wandering the streets, after the murders, if I understand correctly.

I imagine this was a very stressful environment for any dog. Looking at that TikTok video they made with this dog, I felt a little bit sorry for the pup.

Not all breeds are protective, which is a shame in this case, because that’s what they needed.

What I’d like to know now, is, what might these students who called 911, have observed, that the police don’t want us to know about? Apparently, several students talked to the dispatcher.

Normally, if someone is reported to be unconscious, dispatch will recommend that the caller go in and try to assist the patient, or provide additional information about their condition, prior to the ambulance arriving. So why didn’t that happen, or if it did, why is that information being kept hidden from U.S.?

This part of the police story is clearly, partly fictitious, and/or is missing something.

I also think the rush to tell the public initially that this was a targeted attack, and so they didn’t need to worry, is a tell. 

Implying that the call was from the killer? Interesting.

Ethan must been the target, he was on the second floor bedroom  when in the kitchen  a stool was knock over.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Implying that the call was from the killer? Interesting.

This doesn’t imply the killer called 911. As I understand it, several people talked to dispatch, but when there’s a medical emergency reported, the caller(s) are asked to help with the patient. You are also asked to gather information on the patient, while the ambulance is dispatched. 

Take For example, the 911 call that Maggie  Murdaugh made, regarding her housekeeper’s fall down the stairs.

You are asked to be close to the patient, if they are believed to be alive, so this “police account” of the 911 call in Idaho doesn’t add up. The police account is fabricated or missing a lot of information, for some reason.

Also, why didn’t the caller use their own phone to call 911?

I’m guessing that some sort of message was left at the crime scene, which may have scared these survivors. Perhaps the first body found, was posed somehow. This may also help explain why no media have been allowed to talk to these survivors. They’ve all been curiously kept away from the media by law enforcement, or have chosen to stay away.

We have also heard that the crime scene was “sloppy.” Sloppy, to me, implies a lot of blood. Was a message written on the wall, or somewhere else, in blood, as we  saw with the Charlie Manson crime scenes? It may be a message in blood that was reported on the 911 call, that the authorities don’t want us to know about, because it suggests the “target.”

Something enigmatic, perhaps, suggesting what the target was. Hence, the curious initial assessment that the public at large, didn’t need to worry.

Edited by Raptor Witness