Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4 college students found murdered In Idaho.

Grim Reaper 6

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

Then why did he inject the political dog whistle, “defunding the police?”

Because they are actively investigating to find the person or persons who murdered his daughter? The Governor of Idaho just gave them $1 million to further fund the investigation.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Because they are actively investigating to find the person or persons who murdered his daughter? The Governor of Idaho just gave them $1 million to further fund the investigation.

That's not a straight answer.

10 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Investigators believe all four victims had returned to the home by 2 a.m. the night of the stabbings.

they all were killed around three and four o clock in the morning . 

The  killer could be  following him there and was watching them through the back windows 

to  add  the detectives must be tracking  a car on the videos cameras on the streets following him

I also think why the victims were stabbed  and killed one at a time . There were six bedrooms  and most likely  had six twin beds and  Ethan and Xana did not  sleep together.    

Edited by docyabut2

53 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I also think why the victims were stabbed  and killed one at a time . There were six bedrooms  and most likely  had six twin beds and  Ethan and Xana did not  sleep together.    

His mother said they were in the same room. They were college kids docy. Ethan didn't have a bedroom. I'm sure the other girls had company at times also.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

to  add  the detectives must be tracking  a car on the videos cameras on the streets following him

They have a lot of surveillance videos from the area. They were able to refine the time the two girls got home from 1:45 am to 1:56 am. That's pretty precise. I think they know a lot more than they're going to say.

Kaylee's father said in his interview that the family had hired private detectives and they got information that they promised police they would not make public at this time.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, susieice said:

His mother said they were in the same room. They were college kids docy. Ethan didn't have a bedroom. I'm sure the other girls had company at times also.

six bedrooms 

There were  two surviving girls and four victims so where were they all sleeping? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

six bedrooms 

There were  two surviving girls and four victims so where were they all sleeping? 

Only the five girls lived there. The sixth room may not even be furnished without a sixth roommate. Ethan didn't live there. His mom told you where he was. No one would be surprised to hear that Ethan stayed with his girlfriend that night. I'm sorry to assault your sensibilities but that's just how the real world is now.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 6

40 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I think most students have a twin bed, so  they do not  have to share  and any  body can  get in bed with them. 

They aren't in a dormitory docy. The girls furnished their own rooms. They can have whatever they want.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, susieice said:

Only the five girls lived there. The sixth room may not even be furnished without a sixth roommate. Ethan didn't live there. His mom told you where he was. No one would be surprised to hear that Ethan stayed with his girlfriend that night. I'm sorry to assault your sensibilities but that's just how the real world is now.

six bedrooms 

Only the five girls lived there. so we don, nt know if that sixth  bedroom was furnished and  Ethan slept there.

14 hours ago, susieice said:

They aren't in a dormitory docy. The girls furnished their own rooms. They can have whatever they want.

You have the patience of a saint. :innocent:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• At 11:58 a.m.: Investigators said the surviving roommates "summoned friends" to the home because they believed one of the second-floor roommates had passed out and was not waking up. They called 911 for an unconscious person and when officers arrived, they found two of the victims on the second floor and the two others on the third floor.
  • https://www.q13fox.com/news/university-of-idaho-students-killed-timeline-what-we-know-murder-investigation-tips 
  •  At 11:58 a.m.: Investigators said the surviving roommates "summoned friends" to the home because they believed one of the second-floor roommates had passed out and was not waking up
  •  that had to  be Ethan or Xana who was sleeping  on  the second-floor I think it was Ethan

https://www.q13fox.com/news/university-of-idaho-students-killed-timeline-what-we-know-murder-investigation-tips

Edited by docyabut2

This case is already cold.

I agree with the decision to be cautious in releasing information about the crime scene.

So why did the authorities share information about whether the victims were bound or not? Doesn’t that potentially compromise the investigation, also?

My guess is, again, is that control over the victims was established in a more professional manner, such as combat training.

Edited by Raptor Witness

46 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

This case is already cold.

I agree with the decision to be cautious in releasing information about the crime scene.

So why did the authorities share information about whether the victims were bound or not? Doesn’t that potentially compromise the investigation, also?

My guess is, again, is that control over the victims was established in a more professional manner, such as combat training.

Hi Raptor

Other than it was a mess not much has been said about the crime scene or the types of injuries were inflicted so how professional one is is an unknown. Ethan and his girlfriend would have been the only room were 2 victims were together. Slipping into rooms where there is only one victim and killing them doesn’t hold the same risk of discovery as they may have been killed quickly and quietly before moving onto the next room.

I don’t know what the intoxication levels were for the victims but generally once asleep they generally go into a deeper slumber than they do sober.

It is also not known if there was one or more assailants so once again “professional “ is not really a good descriptor which is likely why law enforcement isn’t using it to describe the killer/s.

Whether the victims were tied or not isn’t something that needs to be kept quiet whereas the type of knots used would not be published or given to the general public.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Raptor

Other than it was a mess not much has been said about the crime scene or the types of injuries were inflicted so how professional one is is an unknown. Ethan and his girlfriend would have been the only room were 2 victims were together. Slipping into rooms where there is only one victim and killing them doesn’t hold the same risk of discovery as they may have been killed quickly and quietly before moving onto the next room.

I don’t know what the intoxication levels were for the victims but generally once asleep they generally go into a deeper slumber than they do sober.

It is also not known if there was one or more assailants so once again “professional “ is not really a good descriptor which is likely why law enforcement isn’t using it to describe the killer/s.

Whether the victims were tied or not isn’t something that needs to be kept quiet whereas the type of knots used would not be published or given to the general public.

Wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Wrong. 

Hi Robotic

Care to be more specific. If 2 of the room mates thought a room mate was unconscious that to me doesn’t indicate that in that room with that victim there was much of a noticeable mess. I may have missed some disclosure but haven’t seen crime scene photos of the bedrooms nor have I seen a description as to what types of wounds or how many wounds were inflicted on the victims.

Raptor has in this thread made some odd comments and my response to him is basically that not much information has been given to date so speculating on whether the killer is a professional or not is pointless.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Slipping into rooms where there is only one victim and killing them doesn’t hold the same risk of discovery as they may have been killed quickly and quietly before moving onto the next room.

What concerns me, is that this business of killing victims in their sleep is not what we would expect from a non-professional killer.

Killing while the “enemy” is sleeping is allowed in combat. You are taught this in combat training. In fact, you hope to catch your enemy sleeping.

Again, I come back to the concept of Joe Biden, flying to the G 20 summit, where his enemy, the real Moscow is absent, and uninvited when these killings occurred. This is deeply personal to Putin, regardless of why.

Thus, “sleep” itself could be an important clue.

“The name of "Sleepy Joe" comes from Trump's suggestion that Joe Biden is suffering from a cognitive decline of his mental faculties.”  Source

if you were going to send a message to Joe Biden, on the eve of the G 20 summit; killing innocent young people in their sleep, might be a way, coined by your enemy’s political opponent.

The message from the Russian FSB or military could be, you’d better wake up, “Sleepy Joe,” or a real war where a lot more of your innocent young people of fighting age, will be put at risk.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So …. Somehow this is Donald Trump’s fault?

No, it’s just simply more powerful propaganda if you use your enemy’s political opponent, as a messenger.

I think this killing was a propaganda tool. It was meant to send a message to people smarter than average, like the NSA.

I believe only a professional killer would kill these kids in their sleep, and I believe the killer was waiting for them to go to sleep.

I’ll admit, I have mixed feelings on playing into the hands of the enemy, in this case, but I also worry about the potential consequences of that.

We are at war with the Russians, and to pretend that we’re not is absolutely ludicrous.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

What concerns me, is that this business of killing victims in their sleep is not what we would expect from a non-professional killer.

Killing while the “enemy” is sleeping is allowed in combat. You are taught this in combat training. In fact, you hope to catch your enemy sleeping.

Again, I come back to the concept of Joe Biden, flying to the G 20 summit, where his enemy, the real Moscow is absent, and uninvited when these killings occurred. This is deeply personal to Putin, regardless of why.

Thus, “sleep” itself could be an important clue.

“The name of "Sleepy Joe" comes from Trump's suggestion that Joe Biden is suffering from a cognitive decline of his mental faculties.”  Source

if you were going to send a message to Joe Biden, on the eve of the G 20 summit; killing innocent young people in their sleep, might be a way, coined by your enemy’s political opponent.

The message from the Russian FSB or military could be, you’d better wake up, “Sleepy Joe,” or a real war where a lot more of your innocent young people of fighting age, will be put at risk.

Hi Raptor

Huh?

People have been killing each other since the beginning of time and will use whatever advantage they have available. It’s not likely that they were all targets and a pro would likely go after the target with less risk like when the individual is alone and not under the circumstances that these kids were murdered in. 
For all we know they kids were seen partying by the killer maybe even partied with them and knew how intoxicated they were followed them to the house and waited till he/they thought everyone was asleep.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

No, it’s just simply more powerful propaganda if you use your enemy’s political opponent, as a messenger.

I think this killing was a propaganda tool. It was meant to send a message to people smarter than average, like the NSA.

I believe only a professional killer would kill these kids in their sleep, and I believe the killer was waiting for them to go to sleep.

I’ll admit, I have mixed feelings on playing into the hands of the enemy, in this case, but I also worry about the potential consequences of that.

We are at war with the Russians, and to pretend that we’re not is absolutely ludicrous.

Hi Raptor

No this was not politically motivated and Russia had nothing to do with it, your train has left it’s tracks.

• Like 3

So it would appear that the killer was trained or at least had killed someone before. He has killed four people without anyone hearing anything. I'm guessing he first put his hand over their nose and mouth and knew exactly where to stab them to kill them quickly. He then made sure that the bedding was covering them so that anyone looking at them would think they were asleep . . . the wound(s) wouldn't be immediately visible.

• Like 1