Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4 college students found murdered In Idaho.

Grim Reaper 6

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

DailyMail was just guessing.

Blueprints and layout plans of the Moscow, Idaho. home obtained by DailyMail.com reveal the three-story property has two bedrooms on each floor -

susi  if Kaylee or Madison were the target, the killer would have gone quietly up the stairs and not killed Ethan and Xana 

Here’s a wild unfounded speculation - they were killed because they were unmarried and sleeping together and the killer is an utterly batsith mental link sex before marriage” sort. It makes as much sense as any of the other theories offered so far here.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/idaho-official-reveals-if-students-killer-left-symbol-at-crime-scene/ar-AA14Kqkz

During an interview with Brian Entin of NewsNationNow, Latah County Prosecuting Attorney Bill Thompson was asked about the ongoing investigation into the murders and specifically if the perpetrator left any "messages" or "symbols" behind.

"I'm not aware of anything like that," Thompson said in response.

In the most recent update to the case, police announced that they had seized five vehicles that were parked at the residence. Police said that they had moved the vehicles "to a more secure long-term storage location to continue processing evidence."

Police also previously said that they believe it was a "targeted" attack against the victims but did not reveal any further details. While speaking with Entin on Tuesday, Thompson was asked about this and said, "it seems like the word targeted had different understandings for different people."

"Perhaps isn't the best word to use. The bottom line, whoever is responsible for this is still at large," Thompson said. "My understanding is the investigators believe whoever is responsible was specifically looking at this particular residence, but that's all that they can offer at this point.

• Like 3

Kaylee's father said his daughter told him she had a stalker. Police have still not been able to identify anyone. Kaylee's car was one of the 5 towed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/idaho-college-murders-slain-students-father-says-she-had-stalker/ar-AA14KAHo

• Like 4

Social media appears to have made it's own suspect from a neighbor of the girls.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/30/neighbor-of-slain-idaho-students-denies-murderer-rumors/

A neighbor of the four murdered University of Idaho students has denied rumors online that he may be responsible for the shocking crime — and blasted the “ruthless” social media sleuths behind the dangerous speculation.

Jeremy Reagan, a third-year law student who describes himself as “socially awkward,” has attracted attention on social media for publicly opining about the stabbing deaths of four friends while they slept in the small college town of Moscow.

“I didn’t do it. I have nothing to hide. I’m willing to give DNA, fingerprints, whatever they need,” an exasperated Reagan told CourtTV on Tuesday.

When asked what he believed the speculation stemmed from, Reagan suggested it could be his lack of composure when giving interviews.

“I’m naturally an awkward person, just my mannerisms, the way I talk … my natural person, just a little bit socially awkward so I might smile at points that I shouldn’t, I might make weird hand movements when I shouldn’t,” he said.

• Like 4

https://nypost.com/2022/11/29/investigators-seize-cars-of-university-of-idaho-murder-victims-as-evidence/

A tow truck removed the cars — some of which are believed to have belonged to the victims — one by one Tuesday and brought them to a city-owned lot, where they’ll be processed for any evidence.

“Today, as part of the ongoing homicide investigation and original search warrant, there will be an increase in detective activity and tow trucks onsite as investigators move five vehicles from within the police perimeter to a more secure long-term storage location to continue processing evidence,” the Moscow Police Department said in a statement.

A day earlier, forensic investigators were seen recombing the off-campus rental in footage obtained by The Post. Detectives dusted windows for fingerprints, looked over the crime scene inside the house and were spotted in a nearby wooded area as mournful neighbors looked on.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Here’s a wild unfounded speculation - they were killed because they were unmarried and sleeping together and the killer is an utterly batsith mental link sex before marriage” sort. It makes as much sense as any of the other theories offered so far here.

Don't lauigh, yet. That is Mormon country and hey, what if someone else believed a sister wives thing was going on, or a lesbian thing and were offended as close as this group seems to have been from pictures? A person(s) who would kill like this is not the stable, reasonable sort who runs on logic. What motivated them doesn't have to be true anywhere but in their head.

Could be jealousy, could be voices said to do it...

There is nothing but smoke and hysteria around reporting on it right now so I am going to wait and see. They thought the first victim simply would not wake up, yet they had defensive wounds and it was a bloodbath... yet the one father said his daughter and another girl there never saw or knew it happened and died instantly... nah, the waters have been muddied so Ima wait this out. But, yeah, you solve cases by thinking through potentials all over the map and keeping in mind humans seem to be losing their minds more than usual this year end.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I was coming here to post the same video Raptor :)

That explains a lot re: unconscious victim and is very believable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, susieice said:

While speaking with Entin on Tuesday, Thompson was asked about this and said, "it seems like the word targeted had different understandings for different people."

"Perhaps isn't the best word to use. The bottom line, whoever is responsible for this is still at large," Thompson said. "My understanding is the investigators believe whoever is responsible was specifically looking at this particular residence, but that's all that they can offer at this point.

My 2 cents... the perpetrator watched the house in the dark, from behind and above, in the trees. He only watched the top two back levels and fixated on them. He entered the house on the midlevel 'swept' the upper rooms but probably didn't even know about the first floor (thinking it just a basement). That's why the other roommates survived.

Edit: So yeah. In that sense they were 'targeted'.

Occam's razor an all that.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

It could be a passion crime.,  a young black male`s anger  at  a rejecting  by one of those girls he was in love with 

WTF! :o

Sorry. My patience was tested there and I came up 'negative'.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Were the two girls slain, because they were lovers? :unsure2:

This certainly could add a new wrinkle. This also helps explain the story about why one of the girls, who I believe already graduated, had driven up, to show off her new vehicle to her “friend with benefits?”

This could be a guy, who wanted a little benefit, also, and things went horribly wrong.

Back to the corner bar. No wonder they had their tag-a-long, hoodie chaperone. I’ll bet many of the local guys wanted a little of that action.

Is this why they both were calling Jack, so late?

If these girls were known to do three ways, this changes everything.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Kaylee was set to graduate in December and had a job lined up in Texas after graduation. 

https://www.foxla.com/news/father-of-slain-university-of-idaho-student-sheds-new-light-on-911-call-for-unconscious-person

Her mother said Kaylee was home and decided to go up to the college for a few days to show her new car to her friends. I remember hearing this earlier.

https://meaww.com/university-idaho-kaylee-goncalves-home-parents-holidays

I thought I heard her dad say she and Madison were in the same room. They were lifelong friends since the sixth grade. 

Anything is possible. 

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

WTF! :o

Sorry. My patience was tested there and I came up 'negative'.

sorry just trying to find out the killer `s motive ;(

3 hours ago, susieice said:

I thought I heard her dad say she and Madison were in the same room. They were lifelong friends since the sixth grade. 

Anything is possible. 

Jack or Jake, I get his name mixed up, may have been summoned for more than just talk at 1-2 AM.

I now have to reduce my Russian theory to 50/50.

Sex as a possible motive changes everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

Jack or Jake, I get his name mixed up, may have been summoned for more than just talk at 1-2 AM.

They were beautiful young women. All 5 of them really. I'm sure they attracted some male attention when they were out in town or on campus. Someone casing that house may not have even expected Ethan to be there.

• Like 3

On 11/29/2022 at 2:10 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hi Robotic

Care to be more specific. If 2 of the room mates thought a room mate was unconscious that to me doesn’t indicate that in that room with that victim there was much of a noticeable mess. I may have missed some disclosure but haven’t seen crime scene photos of the bedrooms nor have I seen a description as to what types of wounds or how many wounds were inflicted on the victims.

Raptor has in this thread made some odd comments and my response to him is basically that not much information has been given to date so speculating on whether the killer is a professional or not is pointless.

I honestly don't even remember replying to this. Sorry. I retract my statement.

I  think the police can `t  get  any evidence:( its just going to take a friend  or a co worker of the killer  to snitch  on the killer    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

I honestly don't even remember replying to this. Sorry. I retract my statement.

Hi Robotic

No worries thanks:tu:

5 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Hi Raptor

The girls were lifelong friends so just because they died together do not mean they were lovers and no one knows why one of them called Jack/Jake. Making sex scenarios without factual knowledge is demeaning to the 2 girls and defaming them.

It would be best to wait and see what is discovered through proper investigation 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Raptor

The girls were lifelong friends so just because they died together do not mean they were lovers and no one knows why one of them called Jack/Jake. Making sex scenarios without factual knowledge is demeaning to the 2 girls and defaming them.

It would be best to wait and see what is discovered through proper investigation 

Yep.  My daughter has friends a couple friend that are real close.  They'll visit her at college and stay in her dorm with her.  

• Like 3