Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4 college students found murdered In Idaho.

Grim Reaper 6

41 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

most kids do blast music:(

Hi Docy

This old boy pounds the beats pretty loud although I don’t generally turn on the bad boy 15” subwoofer after 9pm :lol:.

• Like 2

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/idaho-student-reports-strange-footprints-less-than-a-mile-from-murder-scene/ar-AA14QgrW

A college student recently reported strange footprints near her home, which is less than a mile away from the residence where four University of Idaho students were fatally stabbed last month.

The Moscow Police Department's press log says a 911 call was made Wednesday by a student to report a "suspicious person/circumstance" at a residence on Sweet Avenue, which is not far from the 1122 King Road residence where Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were found dead.

"Footsteps in the snow up to her back patio. Weren't there when she left for class at 1300," the report said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Social media is soaring!

https://news.yahoo.com/idaho-student-murders-rumours-clues-221246447.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFoMl0f4bSeRl7_4kgJ1zE-4S0rNZRgYmMBlk9hX-ra4plJAsa2izQVxmEpWVs8hLXdLX3HWO5eX9cDUAnQwGFB-twwBpBQn_q7crHNdLWfh2IZ9oyS0H_nfxoPYHEvqoTyiP14BBDojZNIVL2vmHr9YCyyDodsFD4RmEeesH2ou

The two largest Reddit sub-threads focused on the investigation have 80,000 members, while the largest of the Facebook "case discussion" groups now has 35,000.

In a statement sent to the BBC, Moscow's police department warned that "speculation without factual backing" has stoked "community fears" and led to false facts being spread.

Already, they have been forced to publicly dispel a number of false rumours related to the investigation, including online reports that the victims were found bound and gagged and that the killings may somehow be tied to a pair of double stabbings in Washington and Oregon in 1999 and 2021.

In a separate statement, however, the department said that it is still seeking information from the public and that "there is no piece of information that is too small".

Kevin McMunigal, a former federal prosecutor and law professor at Case Western Reserve University in Ohio, told the BBC that public interest in a criminal investigation is, at best, a "mixed bag".

While the public might be able to provide tips, widespread sharing of details - verified or not - could also taint a potential jury pool if an arrest is made and the case heads to a trial.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Docy

Most people call the cops if they have a problem with a neighbour. We don’t know why this happened yet nor do we know how many assailants there were. It could have just been some drug crazed nut that didn’t know any of them and saw an opportunity to go on a kill spree.

why did they say the house was the target ?

May as well make it more confusing. According to a diagram police released, Kaylee and Madison were not in the same room.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/cops-reveal-a-blueprint-of-where-each-murdered-idaho-student-was-found/ss-AA14ABGW

Slide 1 of 22: Floor plans of the off-campus house where four Idaho college students were brutally stabbed to death show where each of the six friends were sleeping when the slayings took place. Records of the schematics of the property at 1122 King Road in Moscow, Idaho, obtained by DailyMail.com show the layout of the building and each bedroom where the four victims were found brutally stabbed to death in their sleep on November 13. The three-story home has two bedrooms on each floor.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, susieice said:

May as well make it more confusing. According to a diagram police released, Kaylee and Madison were not in the same room.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/cops-reveal-a-blueprint-of-where-each-murdered-idaho-student-was-found/ss-AA14ABGW

Slide 1 of 22: Floor plans of the off-campus house where four Idaho college students were brutally stabbed to death show where each of the six friends were sleeping when the slayings took place. Records of the schematics of the property at 1122 King Road in Moscow, Idaho, obtained by DailyMail.com show the layout of the building and each bedroom where the four victims were found brutally stabbed to death in their sleep on November 13. The three-story home has two bedrooms on each floor.

why did the 119  caller say ,  a unconscious a roommate  found in the hallway 

Just now, docyabut2 said:

why did the 119  caller say ,  a unconscious a roommate  found in the hallway 

I have no idea.

10 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

why did they say the house was the target ?

Hi Docy

It may mean that the property had favourable qualities like having a wooded area to observe from and offer cover to move about with less chances of being seen by the people in the house or the neighbours. From the pictures I have seen there are no neighbours behind the property and the houses are not built close together. In many parts of the city I live in houses can be 6’- 10’ apart.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, susieice said:

I have no idea.

“Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. they also said  the victim  was in the hallway ,

Edited by docyabut2

8 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

“Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up

I can't read that scribbling in the area marked as the living room going into the laundry room. Maybe someone has the ability to magnify it so it's legible. I zoomed in to 500% and it's just black blobs.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 5:20 AM, docyabut2 said:

Cops reveal a blueprint of where each murdered Idaho student was found ?

they only said .

DailyMail.com show the layout of the building and each bedroom where the four victims were found brutally stabbed to death in their sleep

On 11/30/2022 at 5:20 AM, docyabut2 said:

where each murdered Idaho student was found ? 

the 911 caller said one of the victims  was found  in the hallway , if i can find that link again.

Edited by docyabut2

I don't think this 911 call has ever been released. A lot of times they are but this one hasn't been yet.

• Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/idaho-police-contract-private-security-firm-to-monitor-house-where-four-students-were-killed/ar-AA14Qm4C

MOSCOW, Idaho – Police in Moscow, Idaho have contracted a private security firm to monitor the house where four students were killed on Nov. 13, but say that authorities still have control over the crime scene.

Idaho State Police Communications Director Aaron Snell told Fox News Digital that authorities "plan to continue holding the house."

A car from Northern States Security & Investigation Inc. could be seen at the scene, but the company didn't respond to a request for comment.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/idaho-eyewitness-murdered-students-ditched-guy-at-food-truck-that-night/ar-AA14yoWF

Goncalves and Mogen spent the night before their murder at the Corner Club.

Joe Vidot, a local who was also at the club, described their time at the bar to DailyMail.com.

He said: "A lot of guys were talking to them at the Corner Club."

The local claimed Goncalves appeared inebriated, adding: "The taller girl with the pink on, she was glass-eyed. I audibly said 'Eww' out loud. She was just stumbling through."

Vidot left the club and went outside to the Grub Bus, a popular fast-food truck, with a friend.

Goncalves and Mogen showed up later, along with a man wearing a hoodie who police do not believe was involved in the murders.

Vidot commented: "I saw the guy show up with the two of them. The vibe I got from him is that he's super nice. He was trying to help them get home safe.

"He was funny, he was nice. He was there to make sure that they got home safe because they were super drunk. I thought he was a solid guy. Believe me when I tell you that his vibe was not bad."

Later Vidot said the two young women were picked up in a dark four-door sedan.

Describing their collection, he commented: "A guy got out and yelled 'hurry up.'

"I saw them get into the car and it looked like they just ditched him [man wearing hoodie].

"I said bro, they're leaving. He said what the ****. And I said sorry, brother."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, susieice said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/idaho-police-contract-private-security-firm-to-monitor-house-where-four-students-were-killed/ar-AA14Qm4C

MOSCOW, Idaho – Police in Moscow, Idaho have contracted a private security firm to monitor the house where four students were killed on Nov. 13, but say that authorities still have control over the crime scene.

Hi Susieice

Makes sense as there are 25 thousand people living there with a force of 36 so contracting out site security reduces cost and frees up officers to take care of other concerns

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 2

Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate. 

so does  it mean some but not all ?

Edited by docyabut2

14 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

“Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. they also said  the victim  was in the hallway ,

College folks partying and one passes out in the hallway.   Seems reasonable.  It could have happened and then they helped him to bed.   Would of made killing him easy, but this is just speculation too.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Myles said:

College folks partying and one passes out in the hallway.   Seems reasonable.  It could have happened and then they helped him to bed.   Would of made killing him easy, but this is just speculation too.  

that was from the 911 call. they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. they also said  the victim  was in the hallway 

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

that was from the 911 call. they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. they also said  the victim  was in the hallway 

i thought the 911 call hadn't been released yet. Where did you hear this?

• Like 2

There's been a lot of conflicting press releases but police may have found a handprint at the crime scene.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/idaho-murders-handprint-spotted-next-to-evidence-tape-at-house-where-four-students-were-killed/ar-AA14Rsph

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The sixth name on the lease was a student who had moved out before the school year began.

https://abc7chicago.com/university-of-idaho-murders-4-students-murdered-in-moscow/12521695/

And although police have said they don't know who carried out the killings, they have released information eliminating some people as suspects, most recently a person listed on the lease of the residence where the killings happened, police said Friday.

"They have spoken to this individual and confirmed they moved out prior to the start of the school year and was not present at the time of the incident. Detectives do not believe this person has any involvement in the murders," Moscow police said.

• Like 1

This is a great, insightful video. Found it on YouTube so not taken from Facebook now. This NYPD Detective knows his stuff.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 3

• The title was changed to testify Bryan Kohberger’s cell phone was outside of Moscow on the night of the Idaho murders