Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4 college students found murdered In Idaho.

Grim Reaper 6

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

The guy is totally losing it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/idaho-murder-suspect-bryan-kohberger-accused-of-bizarre-jail-antics

Yeah, i dont think he'll do well in prison. Might need solitary for life, otherwise the inmates will kill him.

I think it's been established that it was another prisoner that was shouting, not Kohberger.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DieChecker said:

The guy is totally losing it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/idaho-murder-suspect-bryan-kohberger-accused-of-bizarre-jail-antics

Yeah, i dont think he'll do well in prison. Might need solitary for life, otherwise the inmates will kill him.

As I understand it, the local authorities in PA have already debunked this story, and it turns out it was a different inmate who was doing this.

On the other hand, If some of the reports are true, Bryan actually has this condition, where he is detached from reality, some of the time, Bryan wrote in an online forum back in 2011, about having this rare condition, so he may have a legitimate temporary insanity defense.

i’ll try to find the video on YouTube about this discovery about his condition. It’s really creepy, what he reports, and this was what led him to become a vegan.

• Like 1

So Bryan may really have been, officially crazy.

Edited by Raptor Witness

49 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

As I understand it, the local authorities in PA have already debunked this story, and it turns out it was a different inmate who was doing this.

On the other hand, If some of the reports are true, Bryan actually has this condition, where he is detached from reality, some of the time, Bryan wrote in an online forum back in 2011, about having this rare condition, so he may have a legitimate temporary insanity defense.

i’ll try to find the video on YouTube about this discovery about his condition. It’s really creepy, what he reports, and this was what led him to become a vegan.

I know everyone does not think like this, but I do not accept "insanity" as an excuse for criminals.  You are just as much a danger to society as others.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Myles said:

I know everyone does not think like this, but I do not accept "insanity" as an excuse for criminals.  You are just as much a danger to society as others.  

I’ve only heard of a handful of cases where there was literally no consciousness of guilt, but those cases are rare. Without consciousness of guilt, there is no crime, and I’m not talking about a lack of empathy.

I don’t see that in this case, even with these bizarre posts, but it is a phenomenon of brain chemistry that exists. 

My brother used to sleep walk, for example, and while he never did anything criminal, if he had, and there was clear evidence he was sleeping, I couldn’t see that as a crime.

Ok, here’s something interesting…..

The Judge in this case, has sealed the search warrant for Bryan’s apartment, citing “public safety issues.”

I’m trying to imagine, why ….?

51 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Ok, here’s something interesting…..

The Judge in this case, has sealed the search warrant for Bryan’s apartment, citing “public safety issues.”

I’m trying to imagine, why ….?

Hi Raptor

Likey nothing nefarious as this whole investigation has kept information on the qt from the start. Look at how early on innocent people were being harassed so would think they are just exercising discretion.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Myles said:

Idaho doesn't have an insanity defense.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/bryan-kohberger-cant-use-insanity-as-a-defense-in-idaho-murders/ar-AA16382f

https://apnews.com/article/us-supreme-court-idaho-60db857842844928baebcb7614cf70ca

https://www.newsweek.com/bryan-kohberger-cant-use-insanity-defense-idaho-murders-1771925

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

A very intriguing new theory that the Door Dash order may have been placed by Bryan.

Also, there’s evidence that the four murders took place during a 9 minute time frame, which is hard to imagine for one assailant.

It almost sounds like a 10 minute rule that professional bank robbers use.

Edited by Raptor Witness

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

A very intriguing new theory that the Door Dash order may have been placed by Bryan.

Also, there’s evidence that the four murders took place during a 9 minute time frame, which is hard to imagine for one assailant.

It almost sounds like a 10 minute rule that professional bank robbers use.

Hi Raptor 

He tells a good story some fact and mostly speculation as he admits as a disclaimer in his introduction so that is how I take it. These kids had been to the bar or party and came home late so not unusual to have the munchies and order food and by the time it was delivered didn’t feel like eating right then and would have come back to put ot on plates and nuke them but got murdered first. There are phone records that are available to the police so would know if it was ordered on her or Ethan’s phone. If it was ordered from another number burner or not would have pinged it’s location and if did will come up in trial likely. The police have been diligent in how they are proceeding in this case and thinks it sets an example as how to deal in investigations and media.

People are curious creatures not excluding myself, I am a patient person that is willing to wait for proper disclosure and due process. I don’t mind discussing what people bring forward or events of the case so do ask question and give counters to  many to which I will always admit is speculative.

He had been to and observed at they house several times prior to that night which is fact. In all likelihood he knew which rooms belonged to whom. The door dash delivery may have let him know to go upstairs first as he knew the lights were out in her room and would be asleep and quick kills with little noise (other than the dog barking) without alerting the others then went downstairs.

Maybe Ethan or Xana opened the door to get the food or heard the dog so went after them simply because he thought they might be a problem. They found her on the floor so she may have been coming out and he killed her first and Ethan after. If he saw the other girl one the way out he may have just exhausted himself mentally and just left is he did go after her he increased his chances of someone either having already called the police or were doing so. Which is speculation that I myself wouldn’t rely on in any sense as well which I am using as a counter based on the same information. The trial will start and evidence given along with testimony, the death sentence is on the table and an insanity plea isn’t valid but might be the only reason that he gets 4 life sentences. Everything he has done has been done with calculated intent including getting a degree in law which he intended to use for the purposes and the manner he has.

• Like 3

I just watched his court appearance this morning on Court TV. It only lasted less than 5 minutes in a packed courtroom. It was all members of the public. None of the family members were there but the attorney for the Goncalves family was. He waived his right to a speedy preliminary hearing and the hearing has now been scheduled for June 26 at 9:00 am. It's scheduled to take 5 days to hold. The court is reserved from June 26-30.

Kohberger is being held separate from other inmates and there will be no bail. He can have visitors.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, susieice said:

I just watched his court appearance this morning on Court TV. It only lasted less than 5 minutes in a packed courtroom. It was all members of the public. None of the family members were there but the attorney for the Goncalves family was. He waived his right to a speedy preliminary hearing and the hearing has now been scheduled for June 26 at 9:00 am. It's scheduled to take 5 days to hold. The court is reserved from June 26-30.

Kohberger is being held separate from other inmates and there will be no bail. He can have visitors.

June? That's going to be a long time to wait to hear what the police/prosecutor have in their hand.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

June? That's going to be a long time to wait to hear what the police/prosecutor have in their hand.

We'll just have to be patient. After the preliminary in June they'll have the arraignment where he will enter his plea. We won't know that for a long time either. 

• Like 3

Both 20/20 and NBC Dateline are airing two hour specials tonight on this case. Both start at 9 pm Eastern time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/11/2023 at 1:14 AM, Raptor Witness said:

When you’ve had what you wanted, you don’t live with any regrets. I dated a college cheerleader.

I’m not surprised there would be a mean girl or two, show up in this, but a “mean cheerleader” in Brian’s past, is worth pursuing.

Edited by Raptor Witness

He brought it up in conversation," the neighbor exclusively told CBS News on Wednesday. "[He] asked if I had heard about the murders, which I did. And then he said, 'Yeah, seems like they have no leads. Seems like it was a crime of passion.'" 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bryan-kohberger-neighbor-says-suspect-talked-about-idaho-student-murders/

so he said  Seems like it was a crime of passion? is it his motive. ?

he hated all  those girls  because they all rejected him and could be Kaylee `s stalker  

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

I’m not surprised there would be a mean girl or two, show up in this, but a “mean cheerleader” in Brian’s past, is worth pursuing.

Hi Raptor

Until disclosure is given by the proper authorities every bird turd will get turned into a cow pie by the media. 

• Like 5

I think I can see what my previously alluded to “get out of gaol free card” is going to be, he’s going to claim that he was having a disassociative moment and cannot remember anything about that day. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

he hated all  those girls  because they all rejected him and could be Kaylee `s stalker  

Just another incel then?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Just another incel then?

I don't really like the term incel. It implies these guys (usually guys IIRC) can not find anyone at all to be with them. When the true is usually that they have a unhealthy high opinion of themselves, and thus think they should be going out with 9s and 10s, rather then the 3s and 4s that they probably should be going out with.

Nothing against those 3s and 4s. They usually make great wives, mothers, employees, and good people altogether. But being as we live in the US of A, everything is spotlighted on how you look when you are young. Have to be slim, and fit, and muscular, and wear the right clothes, and such. Its been that way for decades and decades.

I was a dork, geek, nerd... still am, I suppose. But I dated a few times in highschool and college and in the army. Not a lot, but then I didn't believe I deserved super hot chicks, so it wasn't super hard to find a date.

Id bet this guy thinks he is a super hot "good catch", and not a creepy skinny nerd.

OK. Just a rant about the stupid term "incel".

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Just another incel then?

Hi Tate

As of yet there is not much quality to it as there has been no professional examination and disclosure so as far as I am concerned much of it is speculative gossip. One would think that he would have to have psychiatric evaluation before the trial not that I think he could use it as a defence as he spent a lot of time planning this crime so had plenty of options to back out. At best he will get 4 life sentences instead of the death penalty if it was taken into consideration during sentencing.

I can’t take what his schoolmates or neighbours overly seriously unless they can show evidence nor do I disallow that some just say something because they want to be heard of once and repeated a billion times all over the internet.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to testify Bryan Kohberger’s cell phone was outside of Moscow on the night of the Idaho murders