Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4 college students found murdered In Idaho.

Grim Reaper 6

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

That places him in the house 

Not necessarily. Kohberger could argue that someone else put it there. Although I admit that's highly unlikely.

• Like 4

On 1/16/2023 at 5:45 AM, docyabut2 said:

MOSCOW, Idaho — Questions arose on social media about a "co-defendant" in the murders of four University of Idaho students after a discovery request was filed by the homicide suspect's attorney, Anne Taylor -- but the request is just verbatim to Idaho Criminal Rule 16.

any one know the who is the co-defendant?

Edited by docyabut2

20 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

There isn't one. It's just the way the legal papers are worded. I guess it allows for the possibility of one coming to light during the trial.

• Like 3

The link will guide you to 10 questions and some answers about the case. 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/idaho-murders-10-key-mysteries-need-solved

9. Why was Kohberger in Johnson, Idaho, later in the day after the murders? And why did his phone "stop reporting" there? (p. 18) 

Another big one. Johnson, Idaho, is a remote quarry area roughly two hours from Moscow. Yet his phone reported there from 5:32 to 5:36 pm after the murders – then went dead until 8:30 pm. Did he ditch evidence out there?  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

The link will guide you to 10 questions and some answers about the case. 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/idaho-murders-10-key-mysteries-need-solved

9. Why was Kohberger in Johnson, Idaho, later in the day after the murders? And why did his phone "stop reporting" there? (p. 18) 

Another big one. Johnson, Idaho, is a remote quarry area roughly two hours from Moscow. Yet his phone reported there from 5:32 to 5:36 pm after the murders – then went dead until 8:30 pm. Did he ditch evidence out there?  

That's a good link. It's great to have a 'what-have-we-got-so-far?' roundup. There's mention of the police looking for possible earlier crimes that Kohberger could be connected to, and it made me wonder if there were any incidences in his childhood when he killed or tortured animals as this seems to feature in the backgrounds of quite a few murderers. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

That's a good link. It's great to have a 'what-have-we-got-so-far?' roundup. There's mention of the police looking for possible earlier crimes that Kohberger could be connected to, and it made me wonder if there were any incidences in his childhood when he killed or tortured animals as this seems to feature in the backgrounds of quite a few murderers. 

Yes, this doesn't seem like it would have been his first crime.

i also think the knife was thrown into the quarry.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

MOSCOW, Idaho — Questions arose on social media about a "co-defendant" in the murders of four University of Idaho students after a discovery request was filed by the homicide suspect's attorney, Anne Taylor -- but the request is just verbatim to Idaho Criminal Rule 16.

Hi Docy

That seems to be a ploy by Bryan as he did ask when arrested if they had caught them and will likely try to create doubt at the trial. He has made a lot of mistakes and the police, prosecutors and judge are keeping a lid on what is known.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I live really close to where he grew up. I know local LE were going over old cold cases but nothing has come up that I'm aware of. He lived in woods where wildlife abounds. That's a good question. No one that I've heard of has reported incidents with domestic animals.

• Like 2

A restaurant where two of the Idaho murders victims worked has denied rumours that Bryan Kohberger ate there in the weeks before the brutal stabbings.

A former employee of the Mad Greek restaurant in Moscow, where Madison Mogen and Xana Kernodle were servers, claimed to People that Kohberger visited at least twice and ordered vegan pizza.

The eatery firmly dismissed that claim in a Facebook post on Friday, calling it “completely fabricated information”.

It comes after a court in Idaho extended a gag order issued earlier this month prohibiting law enforcement officials from revealing information about the murders of four University of Idaho students and the arrest of their accused killer.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/idaho-murders-bryan-kohberger-news-update-b2266723.html

could this report be true but denied because of the gag order ?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

could this report be true but denied because of the gag order ?

I think if BK was as OCD as I think he was, then he'd still have the receipts at his home. 

My guess is the owners don't want bad press.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I think if BK was as OCD as I think he was, then he'd still have the receipts at his home. 

My guess is the owners don't want bad press.

Hi Die

He may have paid with debit/credit card and with digital security dvrs for cams can hold a lot of data so he likely would have been recorded. Given the gag order it is not surprising that no one wants to say something.

Neither he or his lawyer has said anything about him being there either so are probably waiting for disclosure. I have to wonder if the delay for first hearing is to sweat Bryan a bit as he won’t know what they have till then and give prosecutors and police to gather as much information as possible.

Wonder when they will finish analyzing the car not that they would say much other than they had finished or found samples that were being tested.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Not necessarily. Kohberger could argue that someone else put it there. Although I admit that's highly unlikely.

food for thought. good point oulja 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Die

He may have paid with debit/credit card and with digital security dvrs for cams can hold a lot of data so he likely would have been recorded. Given the gag order it is not surprising that no one wants to say something.

Neither he or his lawyer has said anything about him being there either so are probably waiting for disclosure. I have to wonder if the delay for first hearing is to sweat Bryan a bit as he won’t know what they have till then and give prosecutors and police to gather as much information as possible.

Wonder when they will finish analyzing the car not that they would say much other than they had finished or found samples that were being tested.

They probably have done the forensics on the car but it can take weeks for the test results to come back. PA police impounded the car at his parent's house when he was arrested. They sent it right to Idaho. I've heard since then that even the garbage bag they took was sent right out to a lab in Idaho unopened and that's where the forensics were done. It all likely went overnight air.

• Like 3

Consider this, if Bryan was in the intern program with the police department, and Dylan knew this, maybe that’s why she didn’t call the police.

• Like 1

Accused Idaho killer followed 3 victims on Instagram, 'repeatedly' messaged 1, report claims

https://abc7chicago.com/idaho-murders-news-bryan-kohberger-instagram-social-media/12724569/

MOSCOW, Idaho -- Bryan Kohberger, the 28-year-old man accused of killing four University of Idaho students, followed "all three of the female victims on Instagram," but they didn't follow him back, PEOPLE reported, citing an investigator familiar with the case and their own review of the now-deleted account.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

who's repeatedly' messaged 1?

Hi Docy

We likely won’t know until trials start because there is a gag order.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Consider this, if Bryan was in the intern program with the police department, and Dylan knew this, maybe that’s why she didn’t call the police.

Hi Raptor

Are you inferring that she knew him? If she did then she likely would have said that the guy dressed in black wearing gloves and a mask was Bryan so I doubt she knew anything about him.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Raptor

Are you inferring that she knew him? If she did then she likely would have said that the guy dressed in black wearing gloves and a mask was Bryan so I doubt she knew anything about him.

It’s possible, if Dylan thought about it, and had previously encountered Bryan in the cop intern program. Bryan would of been expected to have been at the football game, as I understand it.

Another potential motive, for Bryan could be if Bryan had been rejected or dismissed from the cop intern program for “creeping out,” one or more of his fellow, female interns.

If Bryan was part of that program, it could be a motive for his and Dylan’s behaviors.

Speaking of poor Dylan, she’s now being tailed by the UK press.

EXCLUSIVE: Surviving Idaho roommate Dylan Mortensen is seen outside her parents' home for the first time 
Daily Mail 1-10-2023

11 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

It’s possible, if Dylan thought about it, and had previously encountered Bryan in the cop intern program. Bryan would of been expected to have been at the football game, as I understand it.

Another potential motive, for Bryan could be if Bryan had been rejected or dismissed from the cop intern program for “creeping out,” one or more of his fellow, female interns.

If Bryan was part of that program, it could be a motive for his and Dylan’s behaviors.

Speaking of poor Dylan, she’s now being tailed by the UK press.

EXCLUSIVE: Surviving Idaho roommate Dylan Mortensen is seen outside her parents' home for the first time 
Daily Mail 1-10-2023

Hi Raptor

Took a look around and didn't see anything that would suggest that she knew who he was prior to him being arrested so not likely your speculation is valid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Raptor

Took a look around and didn't see anything that would suggest that she knew who he was prior to him being arrested so not likely your speculation is valid.

Actually, my argument was more about Bryan’s possible cop internship, as a potential reason for Dylan not calling the police.

If true, and I trust the source below, this is a potential bombshell….  for local authorities, because it means the cops were also doing an internal investigation.

I’ve also seen evidence presented somewhere that Dylan also changed her story, from what she initially gave to the police. Why?

What is Bryan did more than just walk past Dylan, in that house? What if he said, “I’m a cop,” and she believed him? That would go a long ways in explaining some odd things about her behavior.

The name of this website is unexplained-mysteries, not “I think I have all the answers.”

3 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Actually, my argument was more about Bryan’s possible cop internship, as a potential reason for Dylan not calling the police.

Hi Raptor 

Yes you made that clear in your earlier post and from what I saw there was no connection. We won’t know much until the trial several months from now about what happened that night.

We do know that he was following 3 of the girls on an app and never made contact with them through it even though he messaged one of them multiple times. We also know that he was watching the house, again no contact.

If true, and I trust the source below, this is a potential bombshell….  for local authorities, because it means the cops were also doing an internal investigation

You might trust the source, I don’t the girl is not a professional investigator and found he slow to watch as she is not really focused and drifts a lot.

Her comments about Bryan just signing the email with his first name is insignificant as his full name shows up in the header so not really all that important. I sign my emails with just my first name as well so don’t find it unusual.

I’ve also seen evidence presented somewhere that Dylan also changed her story, from what she initially gave to the police. Why?

And yet you have not posted it and would like to see this evidence as nothing has been said by police. They are not disclosing much so not sure why you think she changed her story as the police are the only ones that she gave it to. Yes they did call other people over to the house before contacting police and anything those people might say is heresay and not evidence and they were likely told by police to make no comments to anyone not involved in the investigation.

What is Bryan did more than just walk past Dylan, in that house? What if he said, “I’m a cop,” and she believed him? That would go a long ways in explaining some odd things about her behavior.

Which is conjecture on your part, professionals have already made comments about the nature of her reaction which no one took as deceptive. She was one of the first people cleared so there is no suspicion other than that of internet self-proclaimed investigators.

4 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

The name of this website is unexplained-mysteries, not “I think I have all the answers.

Yes I am well aware of this forums name as I have been a member here for more than a decade. Most of this case has not been as much as a mystery for the police who are playing this right by not letting much out. It might be more of a mystery to you although you have been actively throwing baseless speculations around since this thread started.

I haven’t inferred that I have all the answers although other than motive I think the police do have most of the answers.

• Like 3

It's now been revealed that Kohberger's lawyer was representing Xana Kernodle's mother in another case when she took his case. Banfield said it was Kernodle's mom although this article doesn't. She withdrew from Kernodle's case on January 5.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/01/kohberger-attorney-represented-parent-of-victim-in-moscow-homicides-before-taking-his-case/

BOISE (Idaho Statesman) — Up until taking his case, Bryan Kohberger’s court-appointed public defender was actively representing a parent of one of the four Moscow stabbing victims her client is accused of killing, court records show.

Anne Taylor, chief of the Kootenai County Public Defender’s Office, filed an attorney withdrawal notice in Kootenai County Court for the parent on Jan. 5 — the same day Kohberger made his first court appearance in Idaho in Latah County. The parent was previously sentenced on unrelated misdemeanor charges.

In that case, as well as another where the parent faces two felony charges, the public defender’s office withdrew in favor of a local criminal defense attorney unrelated to Taylor or the county’s public defender’s office. The new attorney is listed as the “conflict public defender” in court documents.

The Idaho Statesman is not naming the parent with connections to Taylor. The only reason these criminal charges are being reported is to establish the connection between Taylor and family of the homicide victims.

Legal experts said the new detail in the high-profile case raised conflict-of-interest questions when presented with the information by the Idaho Statesman.

“Anytime a former client is involved in a current representation, a lawyer should evaluate any potential conflicts,” Brad Andrews, former counsel for the Idaho State Bar, told the Statesman by phone. “Conflicts are very factually based, and so the lawyer decides whether the lawyer has a conflict.”

Taylor is one of just 13 public defenders in Idaho approved by the state’s public defense commission to lead a capital punishment case. She’s also the only one in all of North Idaho. Prosecutors have yet to indicate whether they will seek the death penalty in Kohberger’s case.

Since 2000, the county public defender’s office has represented the homicide victim’s parent off and on in several cases, court records showed. Since Taylor took over, her office has defended the parent in four cases, including a misdemeanor from August 2017, for which Taylor took over as the attorney of record in September 2022.

Taylor’s office also has represented another parent of a Moscow homicides victim in four criminal cases since she became chief public defender. In two cases, online court records name Taylor as an “inactive” attorney.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to testify Bryan Kohberger’s cell phone was outside of Moscow on the night of the Idaho murders