Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4 college students found murdered In Idaho.

Grim Reaper 6

What's this all about?

https://nypost.com/2023/03/11/judge-seals-dozens-of-warrants-for-over-60-companies-in-accused-idaho-killer-bryan-kohbergers-case/

Dozens of companies, banks and law enforcement organizations were served with warrants in the University of Idaho quadruple homicide, but their contents have been sealed by a judge in the high-profile case for fear that they could potentially sway a jury, according to a report.

The warrants, which were handed out to more than 60 companies — including AT&T, American Express, Bank of America, Apple, PayPal and Reddit — were ordered to remain sealed in the case against Bryan Kohberger, Fox News reported Saturday.

The warrants “contain highly intimate facts or statements … which would be highly objectionable to a reasonable person,” the outlet said. The court also noted that “documents contain facts or statements that might threaten the safety of or endanger the life or safety of individuals.”

Among the others served with warrants is the Moscow Police Department Forensic Lab and Ka-Bar Knives, as it was previously revealed cops were searching for a “Rambo”-style knife — such as a KA-BAR brand combat blade — used in the slayings.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11848817/Police-issued-60-warrants-companies-like-Doordash-Tinder-investigating-Bryan-Kohberger.html

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This video is good. It covers Kohberger's studies at DeSales and has a clip of a documentary his professor made. She was the expert on the BTK.

• Thanks 1

Is Kohberger an incel?

• Like 1

More on the companies that have gotten warrants in connection to this case.

• Thanks 1

My local newspaper just did a really good write up about Kohberger while he was living here in the area and going to school. My county did check out old cold cases but nothing was found. He had no interaction with law enforcement at all while living here.

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2023/03/bryan-kohbergers-life-under-the-radar-walking-in-the-footsteps-of-an-alleged-mass-murderer.html

• Thanks 3

What some of the new warrants for Kohberger contained.

https://www.krem.com/article/news/crime/university-of-idaho-students-killed/new-documents-strategies-prosecution-moscow-murder-suspect/293-f8c4a916-9261-426f-8433-f8c59108b8fb

News Nation is saying more warrants are expected to be released at any time now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

What some of the new warrants for Kohberger contained.

https://www.krem.com/article/news/crime/university-of-idaho-students-killed/new-documents-strategies-prosecution-moscow-murder-suspect/293-f8c4a916-9261-426f-8433-f8c59108b8fb

News Nation is saying more warrants are expected to be released at any time now.

Sadly, I'm 'not able to access' that link.

• Sad 1

MOSCOW, Idaho — New court documents reveal several different sources investigators looked into to prosecute Bryan Kohberger, the man accused of killing four University of Idaho students in November 2022.

Documents posted to the Idaho Cases of Judicial Interest website reveal that prosecutors have looked into various pieces of Kohberger and the victims' private data, including financial records and social media accounts.

One search warrant shows access for information for a possible purchase of a Ka-Bar knife and Ka-Bar-USMC knife sheath. This warrant ties into the sheath found at the crime scene, which police say contained Kohberger's DNA.

Another warrant looks into a DoorDash delivery Xana Kernodle ordered right around the time the murders occurred.

Prosecutors also looked into the victims' SnapChat accounts to investigate their social media activity around the time of the murders. That work also included looking into Meta Platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.

One warrant looks into a Reddit post Kohberger posted prior to the murder. That post served as a research project for the suspect on how emotions and psychological traits influence decision making in committing a crime. At the time of the post, Kohberger was a grad-student at DeSales University.

Kohberger was arrested at his parent's home in Pennsylvania on Dec. 30, 2022. At this time, he is booked at the Latah County Jail awaiting a preliminary hearing in June.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Sadly, I'm 'not able to access' that link.

It copied for me above post. It wasn't too long.

• Like 1

This is a good video.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Good video. Explains a lot.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Now there's a question of where the knife sheath was tested for the fingerprint. I don't see how this can matter as the DNA was taken from different places and the two matched as being related.

• Like 2

They're saying Kohberger's two sisters have lost their jobs because of their relationship to him. I wouldn't even think that's legal. I've heard nothing locally about this.

• Like 1

I guess they were.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/bryan-kohberger-s-family-struggling-financially-after-sisters-lose-jobs-over-ties-to-accused-killer/ar-AA19c9aO

Bryan Kohberger's family is in dire financial shape after his sisters lost their jobs due to their blood-related connection to the accused murderer. RadarOnline.com has learned his older sister, Melissa, and Kohberger's younger one, Amanda, are both jobless as he awaits his preliminary hearing for the quadruple killing of four University of Idaho students.

Melissa was a counselor and Amanda was a working actress until recently, after the sisters were reportedly fired over their link to the high-profile murder suspect. Both Kohberger's parents are retired and allegedly in "bad shape" financially now that none of their immediate family members have jobs, sources spilled on Tuesday.

They are in "very, very bad shape financially right now, especially now that the sisters are unemployed," News Nation's Brian Entin said as he broke the news of Kohberger's unemployed sisters.

According to Entin, the quadruple murder suspect's sisters and parents have not visited him at the Latah County Jail in Idaho — but they have spoken to him on the phone.

• Like 1

This is a special report that was done by Banfield. It starts with a letter that was sent to the families by the university regarding the plans to demolish the house. You should watch that part.

3 hours ago, susieice said:

Now there's a question of where the knife sheath was tested for the fingerprint. I don't see how this can matter as the DNA was taken from different places and the two matched as being related.

Hi Susieice

I don’t see a problem using a different lab that has better tech for identifying dna. The fact that the dna on the sheath was fresh would be less of a concern as far as contamination goes so as long as all evidence handling protocols were maintain there should be no reason for concern.

• Like 2

I guess they were.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/bryan-kohberger-s-family-struggling-financially-after-sisters-lose-jobs-over-ties-to-accused-killer/ar-AA19c9aO

Bryan Kohberger's family is in dire financial shape after his sisters lost their jobs due to their blood-related connection to the accused murderer. RadarOnline.com has learned his older sister, Melissa, and Kohberger's younger one, Amanda, are both jobless as he awaits his preliminary hearing for the quadruple killing of four University of Idaho students.

Melissa was a counselor and Amanda was a working actress until recently, after the sisters were reportedly fired over their link to the high-profile murder suspect. Both Kohberger's parents are retired and allegedly in "bad shape" financially now that none of their immediate family members have jobs, sources spilled on Tuesday.

They are in "very, very bad shape financially right now, especially now that the sisters are unemployed," News Nation's Brian Entin said as he broke the news of Kohberger's unemployed sisters.

According to Entin, the quadruple murder suspect's sisters and parents have not visited him at the Latah County Jail in Idaho — but they have spoken to him on the phone.

Hi Susieice

This is something many criminals do not consider is the effects it has on those code to them. During earlier reports he said he felt disassociated from his family due to health issues so he likely didn’t care what his actions impact would be on his family.

• Like 2

Bryan Kohberger's family is in dire financial shape after his sisters lost their jobs due to their blood-related connection to the accused murderer.

That should be illegal.

14 minutes ago, Michelle said:

That should be illegal.

I didn't know his family could be punished for what he did. They had nothing to do with it. At least, there's nothing pointing to them knowing anything. The older sister was a school counselor and the younger one an actress.

I can only find reports that they were. Nothing about why.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/idaho-murder-suspects-sisters-lost-their-jobs-as-school-counselor-and-actress/ar-AA19hx2n

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Police found the ID from one of the Idaho victims in a search of Kohberger's house.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/crime/idaho-college-killings/bryan-kohberger-license-found-idaho-killings/

(NewsNation) — An ID connected to someone from the quadruple homicide in Moscow, Idaho, was found during one the searches of Bryan Kohberger’s residences, NewsNation has exclusively learned.

A search warrant unsealed earlier this year revealed police seized IDs from Kohberger’s car, but it did not specify to whom they belonged.

“It’s a big deal. That is a smoking license,” retired FBI agent Jennifer Coffindaffer said Thursday on “CUOMO.” “Just like the sheath was a smoking sheath found next to Maddie with his DNA on that clasp, it’s the same thing in this situation. Why would he have an ID related to one of those people from that house?”

• Like 2

Kohberger is being investigated for cold cases in Pennsylvania. I knew that my county had looked as I posted our local paper saying they had a while ago. I knew Lehigh County, where he went to school here, had also looked.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/bryan-kohberger-investigated-over-other-homicides-reports/ar-AA19xEbt

• Like 2

Police are looking to see if Kohberger knew one or more of his victims even before he left Pennsylvania and went to Washington State.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/new-details-in-bryan-kohberger-case-cops-are-checking-if-he-has-met-victims-a-year-before-slayings-insider-reveals/ss-AA19se5D

New Details in Bryan Kohberger Case: Cops Are Checking if He Has Met Victims a Year Before Slayings, Insider Reveals

Ever since investigators had their eyes on Bryan Kohberger as a possible suspect in the quadruple homicide of the University of Idaho students Kaylee Goncalves, 21; Madison Mogen, 21; Xana Kernodle, 20; and Ethan Chapin, 20, they have been searching for a motive. Why them? How did the suspect know the students, or did he? And if he did, how long was he targeting them? A new look at court documents shows that investigators are examining whether suspected killer Kohberger actually targeted the four young students long before he started attending the Ph.D. program at nearby Washington State University. 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to testify Bryan Kohberger’s cell phone was outside of Moscow on the night of the Idaho murders