Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

D.B. Cooper expert: New evidence points to person of interest in unsolved case

Grim Reaper 6

VANCOUVER, Wash. – A simple black necktie may be the smoking gun to solving a mystery that has fascinated the country and law enforcement officials for 50 years: Who is D.B. Cooper, and what happened to him? The tie has actually given us three very important particles that I would consider very significant," Ulis said during the press conference. "It appears to be something that can amount to commercial DNA that points to a very specific company and a very specific division within the company at a very specific time."

Ulis said he analyzed 2017 lab reports that showed an abundance of unique metal particles were found on the tie. He was then able to match up just one Pennsylvania metal manufacturing company that was operational at the time that had special patents on those specific metals and alloys. He contacted the company and looked into employees who worked there in the 1960s and 70s, and traveled to Pittsburgh where the company was based. Ulis was able to narrow it down to eight researchers working on those specific metal-type projects at the time.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/d-b-cooper-expert-new-evidence-points-to-person-of-interest-in-unsolved-case/ar-AA146M4c?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting information so many years later. The weather seems like it was a done deal for whomever jumped out of that plane.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Interesting information so many years later. The weather seems like it was a done deal for whomever jumped out of that plane.

I am not so certain that true, I was on Jump Status for the 23 years I was on active duty. I joined the military in 1978 so with Vietnam just ending in 1975 the US Army was still fully of Vietnam Veterans. Since I was Airborne I had the opportunity to speak with many Veterans and what they call JSOC and SCOM Soldiers. This topic came up in conversation frequently while we were waiting around to jump or after waiting for pick. Many of the Special Operators had hundreds of Jumps and had been on jump status for 10 to 20 years when I joined. The Consensus was that even under the conditions that occurred the night of Cooper jumped that an experienced Paratrooper could have easily been successful with the Parachutes he was given.

Here is the entire declassified FBI file on the D.B. Cooper case:https://vault.fbi.gov/D-B-Cooper  

• Like 1

For anyone interested in the Link below I am including the entire declassified file on the D.B.Cooper case, enjoy.

FBI VAULT DECLASSIFIED D.B.Cooper FBI file: https://vault.fbi.gov/D-B-Cooper

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I am not so certain that true, I was on Jump Status for the 23 years I was on active duty. I joined the military in 1978 so with Vietnam just ending in 1975 the US Army was still fully of Vietnam Veterans. Since I was Airborne I had the opportunity to speak with many Veterans and what they call JSOC and SCOM Soldiers. This topic came up in conversation frequently while we were waiting around to jump or after waiting for pick. Many of the Special Operators had hundreds of Jumps and had been on jump status for 10 to 20 years when I joined. The Consensus was that even under the conditions that occurred the night of Cooper jumped that an experienced Paratrooper could have easily been successful with the Parachutes he was given.

Here is the entire declassified FBI file on the D.B. Cooper case:https://vault.fbi.gov/D-B-Cooper  

Right, but the people in your article do not match the "experienced Paratrooper" you mention. Someone with the mental rigor to survive does, and probably fares well.

Edited by stereologist
typo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Right, but the people in your article do not match the "experienced Paratrooper" you mention. Someone with the mental rigor to survive does, and probably fares well.

The article I posted is nothing but the entire FBI File that has all the information the FBI accumulated on the D.B.Cooper case, this new information while also once vetted be added to the file. It’s always been suspected that D.B.Cooper was a military veteran who was also a Airborne Soldier with a great deal of jump experience. This was determined by the exacting way he requested Parachutes and the exact type of Parachutes he requested along with number of Parachutes he requested. So in reality it’s very possible the Dan Cooper was as experienced as anyone I met.

The information in the FBI file I provided explains every detail of the Cooper case along with all photographic evidence that was ever Collected. I don’t understand what you mean by the people in the article it’s not an article it’s the entire declassified FBI file directly from the FBI vault.

28 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

The article I posted is nothing but the entire FBI File that has all the information the FBI accumulated on the D.B.Cooper case, this new information while also once vetted be added to the file. It’s always been suspected that D.B.Cooper was a military veteran who was also a Airborne Soldier with a great deal of jump experience. This was determined by the exacting way he requested Parachutes and the exact type of Parachutes he requested along with number of Parachutes he requested. So in reality it’s very possible the Dan Cooper was as experienced as anyone I met.

The information in the FBI file I provided explains every detail of the Cooper case along with all photographic evidence that was ever Collected. I don’t understand what you mean by the people in the article it’s not an article it’s the entire declassified FBI file directly from the FBI vault.

The OP disagrees.

"No experienced parachutist would have jumped in the pitch-black night, in the rain, with a 200-mile-an-hour wind in his face, wearing loafers and a trench coat. It was simply too risky," FBI Special Agent Larry Carr wrote in a 2007 case update. "He also missed that his reserve chute was only for training and had been sewn shut—something a skilled skydiver would have checked."

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The OP disagrees.

With what exactly?

24 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Read my post

Can we be less Criptic you post says the OP disagrees, and I asked about what?

26 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Can we be less Criptic you post says the OP disagrees, and I asked about what?

Read my post.

18 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Read my post.

Thanks but obviously our exchange is useless, be well.