Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI raids homes of Area 51 journalist and confiscates his files

UM-Bot

It remains unclear exactly what the agents were looking for, but it is not unreasonable to assume that he might have delved a little too deep during his investigations.

Shouldn't that have been spelled out in the warrant?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

Joerg Arnu is a prominent Area 51 researcher who has worked on numerous documentaries and TV shows.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/361982/fbi-raids-homes-of-area-51-journalist-and-confiscates-his-files

Yeah, it was probably something similar to when they raided Bob Lazar for selling radio active substances.    If the FBI raided him it was because he broke the law and it involved crossing state lines.    They are not going to raid someone because of information they got from some "secret" base that people don't even use the correct name for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Shouldn't that have been spelled out in the warrant?

"To the best of my knowledge I have not broken the law. The search warrants are not very specific but aerial photos of Area 51 and other installations came up repeatedly."

There's the catch all. The agents will have to comb through everything to ensure that they get all the photos.

Then they'll make copies of everything and return the originals of anything not included in the warrant.

No photography means no photography even if you snap a picture from your car toward the base.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

There's the catch all. The agents will have to comb through everything to ensure that they get all the photos.

Then they'll make copies of everything and return the originals of anything not included in the warrant.

No photography means no photography even if you snap a picture from your car toward the base.

My guess is he break a few laws.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Sometimes one feels like Nut and sometimes one don’t yet-unexplained Mysteries has Nuts in ever thread we quoted!!:lol:

Cormac and I have a Jehovah's Witness over in the religious forum.

What a brilliant mind! ^_^

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

Cormac and I have a Jehovah's Witness over in the religious forum.

What a brilliant mind! ^_^

When I lived in Washington State before we moved to Korea in 2014, the Jehovah Witness used ride their bicycles through our neighborhood even though it was a gated community. They always rode in groups of two, and their bikes along with their the clothing they wore was all identical. Well ever though it was gated community they could get past the gate with their bikes, the first time they bother me on a weekend I was patient.

However it started becoming a weekend thing and the to guys were always different so i finally got fed up with the BS. So the next time they bothered me I was waiting for them, I had an old 38 Revolver blank gun and I answered the door I had it in my hand and I told them to get the hell out here. They saw the gun freaked out and ran back and jumped on their bikes and as they took of I fired the pistol in the air twice I know they crapped themselves.

After it was over myself and all my neighbors got together and had a beer, they were all in on the plan so no one was surprised by the pistol shoots so we all had a great laugh. Needless to say there church never sent their members back into our community. :devil::yes:

I try to very tolerant concerning everyone’s religious beliefs but the Jehovah’s Witness are cult like abd I have no tolerance for those weirdo’s.

Hey Piney, I started a thread on a archeological discovery that was recently made in Florida. Hurricanes Irene uncovered a Native American burial ground near a beach. It’s was discovered by a local walking the edge of the woods and beach, while walking he started seeing skulls and other human bone which turned out to be indigenous people. They mention the tribe, maybe you know something about them he is a link to my thread any information you have would be appreciated my friend!:tu:

• Like 4

Just did a little checking...

Joerg Amu appears to be a hard-core "ET-Aliens invading Earth... junkie"

Since Amu does not provide any evidence of his claimed extent of FBI involvement other than his own word, his account is meaningless.

On top of all that it's laughable because Area 51 and similar are DOD facilities. The FBI has nothing to do with them.

Basically he is a liar and "alien-sensationalist" 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

Joerg Arnu is a prominent Area 51 researcher who has worked on numerous documentaries and TV shows.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/361982/fbi-raids-homes-of-area-51-journalist-and-confiscates-his-files

Hmm... I wonder why the FBI suddenly became sensitive about aerial photos of Area 51?  It's not like there aren't plenty online.  I think he needs to challenge the warrant and redeem his electronics.

• Like 1

I feel like he either got too close to something possibly sensational or the FBI have been kept out of stuff they've wanted to know about by the military/ CIA and this was the fastest way to accurate truths. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2022 at 3:27 PM, Alchopwn said:

Hmm... I wonder why the FBI suddenly became sensitive about aerial photos of Area 51?  It's not like there aren't plenty online.  I think he needs to challenge the warrant and redeem his electronics.

...they'll just "accidentally" drop his electronics a couple of times before handing it back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

...they'll just "accidentally" drop his electronics a couple of times before handing it back

That remains to be seen.  Given that we have Janes Book, it seems odd that people feel the need to hide overmuch.

• Like 1

What this fellow has likely done is trespassed and obtained or recorded some footage of a classified program under development. It stands to reason that the FBI got wind of it and has rightfully confiscated the footage. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/2/2023 at 8:46 PM, Trelane said:

What this fellow has likely done is trespassed and obtained or recorded some footage of a classified program under development. It stands to reason that the FBI got wind of it and has rightfully confiscated the footage. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

He's really lucky. They have orders to shoot you if are caught at Monroe's Crossroad or the abandoned Black town on Ft. Bragg and they are just Piney Woods historical sites. 

• Thanks 1