Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to announce 2024 run

the13bats

I don't think Pence has the public appeal to be the GOP candidate.

What we need is Trump to retire... So Ron De can take the throne.

• Like 1

So Pence just spoke over in Ankeny (20 minutes from my house) and I was actually somewhat impressed with his honesty.

At first, I found it very telling that he would stand against Trump and not behind him, but when he said that Trump should never be president again, I was very surprised.   He flat out said he wouldn't pardon the Jan 6 protestors.  He said that he would change the eligibilty of Social Security. That he would support exceptions to abortion. And that he would not reinstate family seperations at the border.

He doesn't seem to be waving the "Anti-woke" flag of DeSantis and is going more towards the moderate Republican (RINO) values.  But at the same time he said things that many in the MAGA world are inherently against.  He is still Mr Roboto, though.

Edit to add: I guess the republican candidates had to pledge to support whoever wins the primary, but Pence said that he didn't worry about supporting Trump because he will never win the primary...

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

So Pence just spoke over in Ankeny (20 minutes from my house) and I was actually somewhat impressed with his honesty.

At first, I found it very telling that he would stand against Trump and not behind him, but when he said that Trump should never be president again, I was very surprised.   He flat out said he wouldn't pardon the Jan 6 protestors.  He said that he would change the eligibilty of Social Security. That he would support exceptions to abortion. And that he would not reinstate family seperations at the border.

He doesn't seem to be waving the "Anti-woke" flag of DeSantis and is going more towards the moderate Republican (RINO) values.  But at the same time he said things that many in the MAGA world are inherently against.  He is still Mr Roboto, though.

Edit to add: I guess the republican candidates had to pledge to support whoever wins the primary, but Pence said that he didn't worry about supporting Trump because he will never win the primary...

I have been saying this and now Pence has confirmed it.  He is higher up in the republican party than @and-then and others so he would know.   The Republican party would have to have some kind of death wish for both parties to ever allow Trump to win the primaries for 2024.  MAGA is not the majority, they are fringe so loosing their vote will mean very little.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

The Republican party would have to have some kind of death wish for both parties to ever allow Trump to win the primaries for 2024.  MAGA is not the majority, they are fringe so loosing their vote will mean very little.

The Bookies still have Trump as the strong $1.50 favourite over a $3.40 underdog DeSantis to be Republican nominee. I'm not saying you're wrong (after all, when Trump won in 2016 he was the $5 outsider, so $3.40 is nothing in comparison) but the odds are not in your favour. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

The Bookies still have Trump as the strong $1.50 favourite over a $3.40 underdog DeSantis to be Republican nominee. I'm not saying you're wrong (after all, when Trump won in 2016 he was the $5 outsider, so $3.40 is nothing in comparison) but the odds are not in your favour. 

I'm not so sure at this point.  The Republican candidates that have come here to Iowa these last few weeks seem to know something we don't regarding Trump and his criminal cases they way they are speaking.  Like Pence and Christie.  They are attacking Trump in a way that would normally alienate MAGA followers.  They seem to know that something is going to happen to make the followers disgusted with him.  Perhaps that's just my take, but it was weird to me.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I'm not so sure at this point.  The Republican candidates that have come here to Iowa these last few weeks seem to know something we don't regarding Trump and his criminal cases they way they are speaking.  Like Pence and Christie.  They are attacking Trump in a way that would normally alienate MAGA followers.  They seem to know that something is going to happen to make the followers disgusted with him.  Perhaps that's just my take, but it was weird to me.  

Honestly,  I hope you're right,  I think it's time the Republicans move on from Trump. Maybe that will happen,  maybe it won't. Though the last time Trump was indicted (about the hush money) he surged in the polls, if he is indicted again then who is to say he won't surge in popularity again? 

Edited by Paranoid Android

On 5/14/2023 at 12:54 PM, Tatetopa said:

Maybe we can help with a GoFundMe.

So that's where the two curmudgeons from the Muppets went to. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Gromdor said:

If Pence bcomes president, you can kiss the separation of church, and state goodbye. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

If Pence bcomes president, you can kiss the separation of church, and state goodbye. 

Doubtful 

On 6/8/2023 at 11:45 PM, Hankenhunter said:

We could only hope.

Seriously though, what you're implying isn't what the term actually means.

The separation was to prevent a national religion, not to prevent religious people from serving in government, or religious inspired laws from being enacted.

It's a modernist, and revisionist, view to believe religion should be banned from all government. Just look at our money.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 3:54 PM, Gromdor said:

Let's hope so...

On 6/8/2023 at 5:57 PM, Paranoid Android said:

Honestly,  I hope you're right,  I think it's time the Republicans move on from Trump. Maybe that will happen,  maybe it won't. Though the last time Trump was indicted (about the hush money) he surged in the polls, if he is indicted again then who is to say he won't surge in popularity again? 

Yes, we will have a chance over the next couple of weeks to see if the bookies adjust their odds.  Donald Trump is a powerful figure, he has undying loyalty from the core of his followers, that counts for a lot.  The question will be whether that base is growing or shrinking.

• Like 1

He said that word "fight" again! 

Incitement to violence! Arrest that man! 

Waffles on Trump! Get em while they're hot! 

I wonder if he's paying with the cash he got for selling top secret documents that he stole from the American government???

:D 

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Waffles on Trump! Get em while they're hot! 

I wonder if he's paying with the cash he got for selling top secret documents that he stole from the American government???

:D 

Probably Maga follower donations. Magadonians

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, razman said:

Probably Maga follower donations. Magadonians

All Magadonians hail the King! :D:lol: 

20230610_181252.thumb.jpg.1d55edec5b4b17b74cb3a792b8f7f772.jpg

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2023 at 4:57 AM, WVK said:

Doubtful 

It was the reason Trump made him his running mate, to get the Christian votes. It worked very well, didn't it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, acidhead said:

All Magadonians hail the King! 

Exactly.  And the problem is, we don't want a king.  We want a guy that goes away in 4 years or sooner.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Exactly.  And the problem is, we don't want a king.  We want a guy that goes away in 4 years or sooner.

It's a meme.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I bet if there was a poll on Fox News, you'd find MANY people would be OK with a king. Many on the Left also.

As long as it was Their Guy, and not the Enemy. 

The political division today is the perfect background for a dictator to step in. And (To quote Revenge of The Sith) "to thunderous applause".

• Sad 1