Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to announce 2024 run

the13bats

11 hours ago, Antigonos said:
On 2/15/2024 at 12:38 AM, and-then said:

That was a plotline in a Richard Pryor movie called BREWSTER'S MILLIONS.  It was about a minor-league pitcher being left a fortune by a distant rich uncle.  There were conditions though.  He could choose to accept one million and walk away or he could take a challenge to spend 30 million in 30 days to receive the real inheritance of 300 million.  The catch was that he had to spend that 30 million and at the end of 30 days have ZERO assets to show for it.  He could gamble 5% and donate 5% to charity but the rest he had to p*** away.  If he failed, he got nothing.

He was struggling for 2 weeks to spend the money then he decided he'd run a campaign for mayor of NYC under the banner of "NONE OF THE ABOVE".  He bought ad time in all 5o states just in case some New Yorkers were on vacation there ;)  It really was a funny movie.  His sidekick-catcher was John Candy.

That was a great movie. Pryor and Candy were hilario

Couldn't one just buy a bunch of mansions and give them away to people, not as charity , but just gifts or something?

I still wonder why Republicans are even bothering with Trump instead of someone more electable.  The Democrats have already flat out said that they would just use a play from Trump's own play book and refuse to certify him citing the 14th amendment.  This, of course, would rely on the Supreme Court punting responsibility for enforcing the 14th amendment  to Congress, which some of the lower courts already have.  House Democrats could vote against certifying Trump if he’s elected, writes The Atlantic (msn.com)

On the positive side, whoever he has as the Vice President could take the role during the inevitable court cases that would follow.  It would be ironic if everyone continued to slow walk the cases like Trump did.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I still wonder why Republicans are even bothering with Trump instead of someone more electable.  The Democrats have already flat out said that they would just use a play from Trump's own play book and refuse to certify him citing the 14th amendment.  This, of course, would rely on the Supreme Court punting responsibility for enforcing the 14th amendment  to Congress, which some of the lower courts already have.  House Democrats could vote against certifying Trump if he’s elected, writes The Atlantic (msn.com)

On the positive side, whoever he has as the Vice President could take the role during the inevitable court cases that would follow.  It would be ironic if everyone continued to slow walk the cases like Trump did.

I think the agenda this election is to make sure a republican is not in office as president.   Otherwise they would not give the florida man the time of day.   I hope their ploy works, not because I want a democrat (or republican) as president, but because I do not want to see that man elected.   The country will burn if he gets elected.   If it is Biden, then they need to have a viable vice president because he won't last another 4 years physically.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Voters Doubt Biden’s Leadership and Favor Trump, Times/Siena Poll Finds

Mr. Trump’s five-point lead in the survey, which was conducted in late February, is slightly larger than in the last Times/Siena national poll of registered voters in December. Among the likely electorate, Mr. Trump currently leads by four percentage points.

https://dnyuz.com/2024/03/02/voters-doubt-bidens-leadership-and-favor-trump-times-siena-poll-finds/

• Thanks 1

Events for Trump's campaign are shrinking in size.  

Today ---->

20240302_115950.thumb.jpg.54204dd916dd8662c7866a2477684514.jpg

On 2/15/2024 at 1:16 AM, acidhead said:

20240215_011537.thumb.jpg.28083d019a41559277bcc1e11c986a44.jpg

I shouldnt have been reading this while eating. Almost shot taco out my nose.

• Haha 2

On 2/29/2024 at 6:48 AM, Gromdor said:

On the positive side, whoever he has as the Vice President could take the role during the inevitable court cases that would follow.  

I had not considered that angle, but now youve got me thinking I SHOULD vote for Trump. Depending on whom the VP is. Haley maybe? Or too much bad blood? Ramaswamy?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WVK said:

Voters Doubt Biden’s Leadership and Favor Trump, Times/Siena Poll Finds

Mr. Trump’s five-point lead in the survey, which was conducted in late February, is slightly larger than in the last Times/Siena national poll of registered voters in December. Among the likely electorate, Mr. Trump currently leads by four percentage points.

https://dnyuz.com/2024/03/02/voters-doubt-bidens-leadership-and-favor-trump-times-siena-poll-finds/

And among Hispanic voters now too.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-leads-biden-among-hispanics-registered-voters-overall-poll

Between candidates Biden and Trump, 46% of Hispanics who responded to the poll said they would vote for Trump, while 40% said they would support Biden. That's a big difference from Biden's 2020 general election support from Hispanics. Biden won 59% of the Hispanic vote to Trump's 38% that year,

VOTING hispanics dont want the illegals here any more then the Republicans do. Because they actually are taking their jobs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I had not considered that angle, but now youve got me thinking I SHOULD vote for Trump. Depending on whom the VP is. Haley maybe? Or too much bad blood? Ramaswamy?

Obviously, you have to wait and see who he announces.  It could be Lauren Boebert.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have to point this out.  Although his supporters love him for his many fine qualities, if you truly listen to his speeches, he does not use many complete sentences any more of form logical, focused  thoughts.  Some of the words are too  slurred to be called English.    It is hard to admit, almost as hard as if it were a family member, but those who have experienced it first hand recognize Trump is losing it.  His decline seems to be accelerating.  Understandable since the pressure must be mounting every day.

MAGA supporters may have to steel themselves to the prospect of a beloved leader that now needs  24/7  custodial care rather than anything like a world leader.

Nikki Haley knows it.  That is why she is staying in the race.  I do admire her willingness to face cold hard facts and her pragmatism.  She may indeed be the last Republican standing in 6 months.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When will the nervous laughter and denial begin? 

Trump mentions topics, which you may agree with, but he cannot express a plan to do anything about them.  its all mom, apple pie, and get rid of immigrants, but he cannot even put the phrases together much less policy.

How long can  anyone hold on to the notion that this genius is being confused on purpose and growing more non-verbal rally by rally.?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Depending on whom the VP is. Haley maybe? Or too much bad blood? Ramaswamy?

I know of the perfect VP for Trump. 

🤣 

fe84bcfded5d13338964551ca9d3bb78.thumb.jpg.f5c767809734ed98bf7ff89a0b2eb36a.jpg

On 2/29/2024 at 3:05 PM, Desertrat56 said:

I do not want to see that man elected.   The country will burn if he gets elected.

The world didn't end in 2016 when Trump took office.  Nor in 2020 when Biden took over.  Regardless of whoever wins this time round there will be anger, division, challenges and mistrust.  But you'll muddle through and there'll be another election in 2028, with different devisive candidates when both Trump and Biden are embarrassing memories.

What you Yanks truly need is a 'someone else': an honest rogue who can appeal to every demographic and background.  Someone who appreciates history and looks to the future with hope and optimism.  Someone who talks to trees and drives a low-carbon horse.  @Piney - your moment has arrived!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom1200 said:

The world didn't end in 2016 when Trump took office.  Nor in 2020 when Biden took over.  Regardless of whoever wins this time round there will be anger, division, challenges and mistrust.  But you'll muddle through and there'll be another election in 2028, with different devisive candidates when both Trump and Biden are embarrassing memories.

What you Yanks truly need is a 'someone else': an honest rogue who can appeal to every demographic and background.  Someone who appreciates history and looks to the future with hope and optimism.  Someone who talks to trees and drives a low-carbon horse.  @Piney - your moment has arrived!

I hate politics. 🙂

• Like 3

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Ahh, armchair wisdom from someone who isn't even here.   But of course you didn't read my plethora of posts about how badly we need someone else, a non democrat and non republican as a choice and laws that limit the amount of money spent on campaigns so that people aren't bought and media is not paid to ignore the 3rd choice.   So far we have some of those people but they are not able to get it together to get on the ballot for 2024, Andrew Yang is a hope, seems to be what you describe we need, but alas some of the states are making it impossible for him to get his party on the ballot.   The only "viable" additional party we have currently that is on the ballot in all 50 states is the Libertarians and they are a hot mess, can't agree on anything and can't find people to run for president that actually want it.  (Gary Johnson was a one off unfortunately and I would have preferred him to Hilary or the florida man, but last time Jo Jorgensen seemed like she couldn't care less, just added her name as a place holder).

On 2/26/2024 at 6:58 PM, Razman said:

Couldn't one just buy a bunch of mansions and give them away to people, not as charity , but just gifts or something?

It would have been the same as giving the money away, like a charity.

5 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I began saying this months ago.  If they have a SCOTUS ruling go his way, they will be running a 24/7 campaign to foment discord or worse against the legitimacy of one of the foundations of our Republic.  These people are trying to burn it all down in real-time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and-then said:

I began saying this months ago.  If they have a SCOTUS ruling go his way, they will be running a 24/7 campaign to foment discord or worse against the legitimacy of one of the foundations of our Republic.  These people are trying to burn it all down in real-time.

Did you begin saying this before or after you've been told to foment discord against a different foundation of our Republic? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Obviously, you have to wait and see who he announces.  It could be Lauren Boebert.  

Or what's her name... 

Slipped my mind had to look her up...

Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.)

That'd show those pinko, snowflake, woke, border-haters!!!

(Sarcasm there at the end)

• Haha 1

Looks like the Left isnt going to stop Trump from running using State voting laws/decisions. And is there even enough time to sue to get a Federal case started, and through to the SCOTUS again?

But that would seem to be a waste of time, as the majority opinion said it is up to Congress to determine if Trump can run. And with a GOP contolled House.....???

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/04/supreme-court-rules-in-trump-colorado-ballot-case.html

"We conclude that States may disqualify persons holding or attempting to hold state office," the ruling said. "But States have no power under the Constitution to enforce Section 3 with respect to federal offices, especially the Presidency."

"For the reasons given, responsibility for enforcing Section 3 against federal officeholders and candidates rests with Congress and not the States," the ruling said. "The judgment of the Colorado Supreme Court therefore cannot stand."

All the State cases are dismissed. 

All three states' decisions now are voided because of the Supreme Court's ruling Monday.

All nine Justices agreed it was a Federal responsibility, not a state decision. Five of the nine said "Congress", and the others didnt want to limit the method of federal action.

All nine Justices agree on the outcome of this case. That is the message Americans should take home."

Someone could have called for a federal insurrection trial back in 2021.... There'd be no questions if they had. Pelosi was in charge than, she could have made it happen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Someone could have called for a federal insurrection trial back in 2021.... There'd be no questions if they had. Pelosi was in charge than, she could have made it happen.

They knew they couldn't prove a case.  That doesn't stop them from being willing to tear the country apart to get their way though.  They have spent so much time and effort painting him as an existential menace to America that they can't just watch him win and then shrug.  Nah, they're down for the ride no matter how bad it becomes.

• Like 1