Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to announce 2024 run

the13bats

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

They don't subscribe to racism either as a rule.

Nope, the youth hate it like poison and see BOM and his braying minions as it's poster boys

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I can't see them buying the shoes either. 

I just can't figure why Trump would have more youth support. 

The only people buying the stupid shoes are collectors that think they can make a buck off them down the rode.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I can't see them buying the shoes either. 

I just can't figure why Trump would have more youth support. 

From what I've heard from young people around here, they have real concerns. How can they get a good education without going into a lifetime of debt. How will they get a job that will at least pay enough for them to pay their bills and put food on the table? Many do want their own place but they can't afford it on what they make. Hopefully there will be some left over to put aside money for clothing and entertainment. They do want to save and budget and tend to do most things online to try and achieve that. It's more acceptable now to them to say I need to budget my money for the things I want. They care about the environment and the world being handed down to them. Just like we did when we were young.  I'm not sure they see either one of these candidates as holding the golden lamp to light the way. Biden talks the best talk. Trump's rhetoric and policies will shut them down later if not now. They need new blood and not people who have been sitting in DC for 50-60 years who are now so deep in their own corruption, who knows what kind of a tangled mess we're really in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

That's exactly my conundrum. 

There's no good reason at all that youth would be up. I don't get the polls. They have to be tailored surely. 

I reckon you are spot on. The fascination is too deep and the detractors to informed. And there a lot of imagination going on. I'd say that's more concerning than grandpa photos. 

Polls reflect what a person wants them to reflect, if I "poll" 1000 diabetics how much they eat sweet the results will be very different to polling 1000 non disbetics,

Political polls always lean it's one reason hilly lost 2016 she foolishly believed polls and slacked on her campaign

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, susieice said:

From what I've heard from young people around here, they have real concerns. How can they get a good education without going into a lifetime of debt. How will they get a job that will at least pay enough for them to pay their bills and put food on the table? Many do want their own place but they can't afford it on what they make. Hopefully there will be some left over to put aside money for clothing and entertainment. They do want to save and budget and tend to do most things online to try and achieve that. It's more acceptable now to them to say I need to budget my money for the things I want. They care about the environment and the world being handed down to them. Just like we did when we were young.  I'm not sure they see either one of these candidates as holding the golden lamp to light the way. Biden talks the best talk. Trump's rhetoric and policies will shut them down later if not now. They need new blood and not people who have been sitting in DC for 50-60 years who are now so deep in their own corruption, who knows what kind of a tangled mess we're really in. 

Maybe their parents are herding them into the idea that things will be cheaper under Trump? 

I've seen unrealistic posters here trying to blame global inflation on Biden and citing 1990s prices as being under Trump. If stupid people are educating youth, it could explain a percentage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Polls reflect what a person wants them to reflect, if I "poll" 1000 diabetics how much they eat sweet the results will be very different to polling 1000 non disbetics,

Political polls always lean it's one reason hilly lost 2016 she foolishly believed polls and slacked on her campaign

It wasn't polls that cost Hillary the election but stupid self imposed mistakes.  I can't remember if it was Wisconsin or Michigan, but in one of those states Hillary's election team used an outdated voter registery to get out last minute voters and something like 2/3 of the people they contacted to make sure they voted were Republicans.  Hillary's campaign made a lot of similar small but extremely stupid mistakes and those cost her the election.  There was also an issue of Hillary's campaign constantly ignoring what branch campaign offices in swing states were saying, from what I remember the main reason was no one in Hillary's close circle wanted to report bad or negative news to her on the state of her campaign 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, susieice said:

From what I've heard from young people around here, they have real concerns. How can they get a good education without going into a lifetime of debt. How will they get a job that will at least pay enough for them to pay their bills and put food on the table? Many do want their own place but they can't afford it on what they make.

Some of them have smartened up and are going to trade schools. You can push papers for years before you make a decent living. A lot of the classes at four year colleges are useless in the real world. You can make more money quicker with an actual skill while liberals push for crap like art history and psychology. There isn't a huge market for those majors.

Young People’s Attitudes Toward the Skilled Trades Are Changing. Here’s Why

Young People’s Attitudes Toward the Skilled Trades Are Changing. Here’s Why (msn.com)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I figure the data is good as it actually reflects the term you mentioned. It would say what people were thinking of him when he was president. 

My understanding is most are unlikely to vote. That's why they are targetted. But I just can't see modern youth falling into the religious white nationalist outlook of the older voters. 

A lot of data is actually suggesting they are.

https://www.newsweek.com/gen-z-embracing-dictatorships-1886702#:~:text=When asked whether they thought,44 percent for "bad."

A surprisingly large segment of gen Z views authoritarian rule as a positive with approximately a quarter thinking military rule would be good.  A majority still opposes authoritarian or military rule but the amount that supports it is far higher then past generations.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/04/26/why-generation-z-is-returning-to-religion/amp/

That article is a bit dated but gen Z is increasingly turning to religion, in 2021 approximately a quarter of gen Z believed in God and in 2023 the number was up to approximately a third.  

Quite a few as I have a son who is now 22 (tomorrow in fact) and a daughter currently 19. I'm in Australia where politics weren't as invasive on Covid but both of them, and their friends took it well. My son's missed his official 21st over Covid. He wasn't bitter though.

I'm usually a taxi. I've even given lifts to some young people just of a train and no way home. They are usually quite grateful and nervously chatty. 

Seems it's more of a cultural difference then cause the gen Z I have interacted with nearly all of them hated the lock downs and blamed them for a lot of things.

But Trump is mountain's away from today's values which make up gen z. Gay people, the trans thing, anti war, religion, all things gen z stand for are the polar opposites of Trump's values. What would the attraction be?? There seems to be a missing piece here? 

Honestly my guess is it's a lot of small things and not one major thing.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Some of them have smartened up and are going to trade schools. You can push papers for years before you make a decent living. A lot of the classes at four year colleges are useless in the real world. You can make more money quicker with an actual skill while liberals push for crap like art history and psychology. There isn't a huge market for those majors.

Young People’s Attitudes Toward the Skilled Trades Are Changing. Here’s Why

Young People’s Attitudes Toward the Skilled Trades Are Changing. Here’s Why (msn.com)

I've heard this too. Plumbers and electricians make good money. There's no shame in making $50+ an hour as either one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, susieice said:

I've heard this too. Plumbers and electricians make good money. There's no shame in making $50+ an hour as either one.

The appliance repair guy charges $100 just to come over and look at something. Actual work is added onto that. All he did was tell me whether it was worth fixing or not...still $100.

• Like 2

Just now, Michelle said:

The appliance repair guy charges $100 just to come over and look at something. Actual work is added onto that. All he did was tell me whether it was worth fixing or not...still $100.

Trades make good money. Everyone needs the services they provide too. Don't mock a car mechanic. You have to get your car inspected sooner or later and maybe you'll need some repairs to pass. That's provided nothing major happens.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Maybe their parents are herding them into the idea that things will be cheaper under Trump? 

I've seen unrealistic posters here trying to blame global inflation on Biden and citing 1990s prices as being under Trump. If stupid people are educating youth, it could explain a percentage.

Nothing is more utterly ignorant than a person who believes the POTUS controls inflation except perhaps those who brays it out loud.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

It wasn't polls that cost Hillary the election but stupid self imposed mistakes.  I can't remember if it was Wisconsin or Michigan, but in one of those states Hillary's election team used an outdated voter registery to get out last minute voters and something like 2/3 of the people they contacted to make sure they voted were Republicans.  Hillary's campaign made a lot of similar small but extremely stupid mistakes and those cost her the election.  There was also an issue of Hillary's campaign constantly ignoring what branch campaign offices in swing states were saying, from what I remember the main reason was no one in Hillary's close circle wanted to report bad or negative news to her on the state of her campaign 

At the core it sure was her belief in polls that reflected her mistaken idea that she had the election in the bag the things you listed played a part too.

Of course 2020 showed us the American people were done with don and booted him out voting for Biden because they sure didn't want more trump, they didn't really want Biden either but he wasn't trump

20 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Yeah, the days of " free inspection" are done,

I'm a lifelong gear head but my thing is old cars let's say my wifes Kia needs a new whatever and I want to pay a mom pop shop to do it, I only go where they have a fixed rate for the job some car shops still try to do a pay by the hour thing, um no, I won't pay for cleetus to smoke out back or text his gf.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, susieice said:

When we moved into this 100 plus yo fixer upper I had to learn more than I knew plumbing and electrical and learned it all on line,

I wanted to be safe I did it by code and saved 1000s but it's pretty nasty hard work most of those cats earn their fees.

• Like 3

Caught a glimpse of the solar eclipse today!!!

🤣 

Screenshot_20240408-042219.thumb.png.d4f96584a34c3fee244412b9fcd0b4e9.png

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

A lot of data is actually suggesting they are.

https://www.newsweek.com/gen-z-embracing-dictatorships-1886702#:~:text=When asked whether they thought,44 percent for "bad."

A surprisingly large segment of gen Z views authoritarian rule as a positive with approximately a quarter thinking military rule would be good.  A majority still opposes authoritarian or military rule but the amount that supports it is far higher then past generations.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/04/26/why-generation-z-is-returning-to-religion/amp/

That article is a bit dated but gen Z is increasingly turning to religion, in 2021 approximately a quarter of gen Z believed in God and in 2023 the number was up to approximately a third.  

However this poll says otherwise:

What U.S. adults and teens say their party political affiliation is, by generation

Survey of 6,014 people age 13 and older taken Aug. 21 to Sept. 15, 2023

This table illustrates the political party affiliation across different generations of American adults, showing a higher percentage of Democrats (33%) among Gen Z adults and Millennials, and a higher percentage of Republicans among Baby Boomers (32%) and the Silent Generation (31%).

Generation GOP Ind. Dem. Don't know
All American adults 27% 29% 33% 11%
Gen Z adults 21 30 36 13
Millennials 21 28 35 16
Gen Xers 28 31 31 10
Baby boomers 32 28 34 7
Silent generation 31 32 36 1

https://www.axios.com/2024/01/23/gen-z-less-religious-more-liberal-lgbtq

That's more in line with what I'm seeing. Although be perfectly honest, even 28% I find surprising. More than I would expect.

Gen Z is more supportive of minority groups and multiculturalism. Everything Trump doesn't support. And Christianity has been in a decline for the last few years and doesn't seem to get slowing down 

WITH 1 MILLION LEAVING THE CHURCH EVERY YEAR, IS GEN Z THE FAITHLESS GENERATION?

It just makes the claims hard to reconcile.

Seems it's more of a cultural difference then cause the gen Z I have interacted with nearly all of them hated the lock downs and blamed them for a lot of things.

I di t think they were happy about it. Just realistic. Things are what they are. They weren't blaming anyone in my experience and knew being angry at bacteria is pointless.

A lot almost lost be online these days. If say it probably barely affected gamers. 

Honestly my guess is it's a lot of small things and not one major thing.  

I would say you are right here. I just can't wrap my head around young people turning to Trump. Even conservatives. There are plenty of GOP members these days ashamed of Trump. How he is getting more support from that sector just doesn't make sense. 

15 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Caught a glimpse of the solar eclipse today!!!

🤣 

Screenshot_20240408-042219.thumb.png.d4f96584a34c3fee244412b9fcd0b4e9.png

And when it was over things went back to normal yeah?

20240213_133555.jpg.1b6cfb614a6f8d72bc90f8b906e93ffb.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Someone still has to pay his wages to asses your problem. And for the van that drove him there and the fuel used. 

People don't go to strangers houses for free to advise them. 

20 hours ago, susieice said:

Truth Social stock dropped all last week and it's dropping again today. For some reason, I can't post the link. It won't paste but it dropped 12% on Friday and so far today it's down another 10%. Two weeks ago it was $80 per share. As of this morning it's $36.62 per share. My source was CNBC if someone wants to google.

Here's a link to a story.

Trump Media Shares Plummet Amid Criticism From Barry Diller; Trump's Net Worth Takes A Hit | IBTimes

Challenging Period for Trump Media: Stock Drop Impacts Investors with Billions in Losses (msn.com)

Are people waking up?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Someone still has to pay his wages to asses your problem. And for the van that drove him there and the fuel used. 

People don't go to strangers houses for free to advise them. 

REALLY??? Well, duh. After over 30 years of owning our own welding business you mean we could have made money if we had charged for assessing a job and giving an estimate? Wish someone would have told us that a long time ago. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

REALLY??? Well, duh. After over 30 years of owning our own welding business you mean we could have made money if we had charged for assessing a job and giving an estimate? Wish someone would have told us that a long time ago. :rolleyes:

Yes really. 

Amazing you're still in business. 

You just don't understand service work by the sound of it. You wouldn't make much money charging out half your day. Wages would cost more than invoicing. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Yes really. 

Amazing you're still in business. 

You just don't understand service work by the sound of it. You wouldn't make much money charging out half your day. Wages would cost more than invoicing. 

That was sarcasm, genius. That was an eyeroll at the end. You can't even understand that. :rolleyes:

Edited by Michelle
  • Haha 2

Just now, Michelle said:

That was sarcasm, genius.

You suck at that too. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

You suck at that too. 

That's okay. Our house, four vehicles, boat and everything else we own had been paid off for at least 20 years. We'll be fine without your advise.

• Haha 1