Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to announce 2024 run

the13bats

13 minutes ago, Michelle said:

That's okay. Our house, four vehicles, boat and everything else we own had been paid off for at least 20 years. We'll be fine without your advise.

So why do you complain about paying your bills then? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

So why do you complain about paying your bills then? 

I mentioned what people can make in the trades. That's it. Conversation over.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I mentioned what people can make in the trades. That's it. Conversation over.

I am a tradesman. People like you who want trades to work for free are a dead set pain. 

Stop replying if it's over. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I am a tradesman. People like you who want trades to work for free are a dead set pain. 

Stop replying if it's over. 

You killing me dude, I was laughing so hard coffee came out of nose!:P

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2024 at 2:00 PM, susieice said:

Trump lost his attempt to delay the hush money trial. It's supposed to start Monday.

Trump loses bid to delay hush money trial pending gag order appeal (msn.com)

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Are people waking up?

When a company floats a large amount of shares then the investment fund companies short sell.

It will be a rollercoaster of ups and downs for a few years. Its an opportunity to make a lot of money, but to loose a lot too. Buy below what major companies like JP Morgan estimate its value to be, and sell high. Put the AI onto it to make a killing and it will long buy and short sell throughout the day collecting you a fortune.

Edited by Duke Wellington

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 7:50 PM, psyche101 said:

I don't know about that. He is out getting rallies up and public numbers, he is putting a lot of effort into securing the GOP nomination. 

Well, seemed to me hed been doing few rallies (maybe court appearances are cutting in),  and very little online, or in the news, and only recently pulled in that big money fundraiser.

Given, its still early, and things may get warmed up as the summer gets here.

Why would they switch to Trump instead of simply not voting? 

As I understand the situation, few are happy with the candidates and I feel could result in a low voter turnout. 

That's a goid question. I hope some egghead somewhere figures it out.

Myself, I'd just not vote. I probably will vote, just not for President. You can just leave it blank. 

Meh, teenagers, and university students, generally dont vote in large numbers. 

Reading the link, a lot of that was online upgrades, and school physical infrastructure stuff. Which is great. But a 18, 19, 20, year old isnt going to vote Biden because the gym got a new roof, or his schools grading database got updated. 

That's any government isn't it? 

It is, but IMHO kids have been pushed in leftist school systems to say F-U to Republican excuses. Which has rebounded in these same kids now saying F-U to everyone who gives excuses, including Democrats. They taught too well... LOL.

Why I'm surprised is because Trump is further away from progress and modern society than Biden. He's a conservative dinosaur peddling promises of the good old days to old people. Old people are who will fall for the Christian BS he is currently spinning, and abortion bans can't be popular with youth. It might be just my impression but I figure a large majority of youth would also see the stolen election in a very dim light and his attack on democracy can't be winning youth over. Old people tend to go more toward the values Trump is selling. Kids today don't spend $60.00 on a bible. Only old people who have moved from daytime TV shopping would. It just makes no sense. I think that youth would rather not vote than vote for Trump.

It does seem backward. In part i think it is old people just prefer the incumbent. And young people just prefer to vote against an incumbent. 

I think "Christian BS" is only snagging those people who are already voting Trump. Hes saying these things to keep those voters. I dont think he'll attract any new ones.

There is a trend going on in the world back toward the political right. We've seen it in many places of the EU recently. Parties that had zero seats a decade ago are nearing majority, or at least being required in forming governments. Denmark, Belgium, Germany, even Sweden... Might be a general phenomena of people reacting to too much leftist progress, and making (seemingly) their lives harder.

EDIT:

Just to add, I said I didnt think I saw Trump trying to pull people in. What I meant was i am not seeing him pander, or purposefully try to sweet talk, blacks, Hispanics and women. So those poll numbers increasing is mysterious. 

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 9:52 PM, the13bats said:

Of course 2020 showed us the American people were done with don and booted him out voting for Biden because they sure didn't want more trump, they didn't really want Biden either but he wasn't trump

That's true, but at the same time Trump got 11 million more votes in 2020, than in 2016.

63 million in 2016, and 74 million in 2020.

Edited by DieChecker

On 4/8/2024 at 9:25 PM, DarkHunter said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/04/26/why-generation-z-is-returning-to-religion/amp/

That article is a bit dated but gen Z is increasingly turning to religion, in 2021 approximately a quarter of gen Z believed in God and in 2023 the number was up to approximately a third.  

I've heard this, but not yet sure if I've seen it in reality. 

I do know a lot more people are turning to private schools, or charter schools, or home school, which all can include religious instructon. Unlike public schools.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 10:34 PM, psyche101 said:

Thats OK. With 2 million immigrants coming in each year, who are predominantly Catholic, its basically a push.

• Like 1

Police, firemen, paramedics, first responders love the BOMB! 

20240410_142132.jpg

20240410_142126.jpg

20240410_142120.jpg

20240410_142110.jpg

Posted (edited)

The Republican Party nominee for 2024 45th President Trump left at 630AM for his Atlanta and Orlando events and just got back (10pm EST) and gave a speech at mara-la-go.

20240410_223522.thumb.jpg.19e382f1715159f212b7719e3b74bf61.jpg

Edited by acidhead

21 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Well, seemed to me hed been doing few rallies (maybe court appearances are cutting in),  and very little online, or in the news, and only recently pulled in that big money fundraiser.

Given, its still early, and things may get warmed up as the summer gets here.

During the caucuses he was out in freezing temperatures to gain votes. During that time I was hearing the name everyday. 

Watch cid post. He posts the rallies and speeches religiously. 

From what I see, he is hitting the trail pretty hard to get votes. I'm just somewhat stunned that after his part performance that people give him the time of day. In that respect I feel our cultures are also quite different. I don't think Trump could do here what he did there. 

That's a goid question. I hope some egghead somewhere figures it out.

Myself, I'd just not vote. I probably will vote, just not for President. You can just leave it blank. 

That strikes me as the most obvious conclusion too. 

I suspect polls must have some outside influence or glitch in the system. Young people strongly turning heavy conservative just makes no sense at all. It's an old fart domain for sticks in the mud. It's at complete odds with new thinking. 

Meh, teenagers, and university students, generally dont vote in large numbers. 

Reading the link, a lot of that was online upgrades, and school physical infrastructure stuff. Which is great. But a 18, 19, 20, year old isnt going to vote Biden because the gym got a new roof, or his schools grading database got updated. 

Perhaps but you said what's Biden do for public schools?

Bucket loads according to records. Why wouldn't their parents be impressed with increased education infrastructure? 

It is, but IMHO kids have been pushed in leftist school systems to say F-U to Republican excuses. Which has rebounded in these same kids now saying F-U to everyone who gives excuses, including Democrats. They taught too well... LOL.

They indoctrinated too well. I feel for kids growing up with crazy parents who listen to politicians before doctors. In general people just don't like being told what to do. We saw idiots die of Covid because authority figures tried to save lives. They actually opted for death. 

What sort of an example of that? It must be a confusing time to be young. 

It does seem backward. In part i think it is old people just prefer the incumbent. And young people just prefer to vote against an incumbent. 

That's true. 

Young people don't have attachment or comfort in an incumbent.

I think "Christian BS" is only snagging those people who are already voting Trump. Hes saying these things to keep those voters. I dont think he'll attract any new ones.

That's the people like AT and doccy. Complete devotion. A lot of others are being captured by their own greed, thinking Trump will bring back 1940s prices. 

I think there more to it and I think MTG is pushing it 

Two people who are known cheaters. Two people guilty of infidelity. Two who benefit from the sell other than monetary gain. 

I suspect he's trying to make people forget his grubby actions and think of him as a Christian and get those votes as well, from the more devout people who take things like a direct infraction of the ten commandments seriously. 

There is a trend going on in the world back toward the political right. We've seen it in many places of the EU recently. Parties that had zero seats a decade ago are nearing majority, or at least being required in forming governments. Denmark, Belgium, Germany, even Sweden... Might be a general phenomena of people reacting to too much leftist progress, and making (seemingly) their lives harder.

But it's not making life harder. It's making life easier and more fair. Not confirming to conservative ideology isn't a more difficult part for mid people. If conservatism retained the most power we wouldn't see freedoms for the gay community, all coloured people would be without rights, hell we might still have apartheid. Women would be in a pre fifties position in society, given allowances like some middle east theocracy. 

The only drawcard I can see is some people are impressed by thugs. They think treading on people gets results, particularly if they win out of the deal. I've seen weakling right wingers wet their pants over serous thugs, one can be a wife basher but loved by the right wing. I've seen it, even here at um. It's disturbing. 

I can't understand why decent people would turn right wing. I get that religious people are pleased with the conservatism of right wing ideology as it's based basically on bible teaching but those values don't matter if a person sleeps around or lies or steals. How do Christian expect to be respected when their could standards are so brazenly expressed? They are liars. 

EDIT:

Just to add, I said I didnt think I saw Trump trying to pull people in. What I meant was i am not seeing him pander, or purposefully try to sweet talk, blacks, Hispanics and women. So those poll numbers increasing is mysterious. 

Very mysterious. 

What would they have to gain? Trump's said the people coming to America are the worst, the best stay where they are. People actually vote for that?.

Something stinks about the entire thing. Trump's popularity, the move to conservatism in general. It's not making any sense. Numbers don't stack up.

• Like 1

Thats OK. With 2 million immigrants coming in each year, who are predominantly Catholic, its basically a push.

You're getting two million conservative gen z immigrants each year?

Hard to believe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I've heard this, but not yet sure if I've seen it in reality. 

I do know a lot more people are turning to private schools, or charter schools, or home school, which all can include religious instructon. Unlike public schools.

This is what I'm saying.

I'm not seeing it 

And it doesn't make sense. 

Could it be like anti vaxers? Thinking they have a support base much bigger than they really do?

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

The Republican Nominee for President, Donald J. Trump challenges President Sleepy Slow Joe Biden to a national debate Anytime, Anywhere, Any Place! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

OJ will rise again from the dead before they'll wheel Joe up to a debate.

Edited by Zebra3
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, acidhead said:

The Republican Nominee for President, Donald J. Trump challenges President Sleepy Slow Joe Biden to a national debate Anytime, Anywhere, Any Place! 

Hell I'd watch it,the last one was a riot 🤣 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 4/10/2024 at 11:52 PM, psyche101 said:

This is what I'm saying.

I'm not seeing it 

And it doesn't make sense. 

Could it be like anti vaxers? Thinking they have a support base much bigger than they really do?

I think youd find that base to be larger than you'd suspect. Lots of people were against the "untested" covid vaccines and boosters. May only got them because they were afraid not to.

I do believe many, if not most, of these are religious people. Mostly Protestant. Many evangelical.

Another point... Religious people have more kids. I got FOUR. Your average liberal has zero, or one.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 11:51 PM, psyche101 said:

You're getting two million conservative gen z immigrants each year?

Hard to believe. 

No, I suggested they were religious. As in Central/South American Catholics.

And I was being snarky. Technically, we've been getting two million a year for several years, but historically its been under a million per year.

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2024 at 11:50 PM, psyche101 said:

During the caucuses he was out in freezing temperatures to gain votes. During that time I was hearing the name everyday. 

Watch cid post. He posts the rallies and speeches religiously. 

From what I see, he is hitting the trail pretty hard to get votes. I'm just somewhat stunned that after his part performance that people give him the time of day. In that respect I feel our cultures are also quite different. I don't think Trump could do here what he did there. 

Huh? Maybe because I got burned out on Trump, I was just tuning it all out?

That strikes me as the most obvious conclusion too. 

I suspect polls must have some outside influence or glitch in the system. Young people strongly turning heavy conservative just makes no sense at all. It's an old fart domain for sticks in the mud. It's at complete odds with new thinking. 

Could be a glitch. I've said before that they try to "fix" the polls each year,  and seems each year, again, they are wrong.

Perhaps but you said what's Biden do for public schools?

Actually, I believe I said "What has Biden done for non-college graduates". Meaning voters under 30 who only have a basic education.

What has he done for them?

But it's not making life harder. It's making life easier and more fair. Not confirming to conservative ideology isn't a more difficult part for mid people. If conservatism retained the most power we wouldn't see freedoms for the gay community, all coloured people would be without rights, hell we might still have apartheid. Women would be in a pre fifties position in society, given allowances like some middle east theocracy. 

I think thats a bit over the top. The various Ammendments had to be passed by Three-Fourths of the states. Meaning at least half of the conservative states approved of things like the Civil Rights Ammendment.

Conservatives are more like, "Lets do this over 20, or 30, years", while liberals are like, "DO IT NOW! DO IT NOW!". 

I can't understand why decent people would turn right wing. I

I dont know... Low Taxes. Promoting personal responsibility. States Rights. Protecting babies. Protecting religious rights. National security. Pro-military. Pro-Constitution. Pro-police.

https://gop.com/about-our-party/#:~:text=Our platform is centered on,and maintaining our national security.

Republicans believe in liberty, economic prosperity, preserving American values and traditions, and restoring the American dream for every citizen of this great nation. As a party, we support policies that seek to achieve those goals. 

Our platform is centered on stimulating economic growth for all Americans, protecting constitutionally-guaranteed freedoms, ensuring the integrity of our elections, and maintaining our national security. We are working to preserve America's greatness for our children and grandchildren.

All sounds OK to me.

Given... Trump isnt fiscally conservative. Or, known for his "election integrity". But he "checks" a lot of those boxes.

But thats only if you cannot separate conservative from "MAGA". Which I do.

Very mysterious. 

What would they have to gain? Trump's said the people coming to America are the worst, the best stay where they are. People actually vote for that?.

Well, we'll see after the votes are counted how much of what sections of society he got.

• Like 1

Nobody showed up to support Trump at a Rally in Schnecksville, Pennsylvania yesterday. 

Trump has lost his base... they say

20240414_011717.thumb.jpg.eb6244904da4d29e46ba2c775f2a5164.jpg

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Local news covered the event and he had a fair sized crowd but it doesn't really reflex how popular he really is in the Lehigh Valley. 

Trump faithful turn out by thousands for Schnecksville stump speech (UPDATE) - lehighvalleylive.com

People pack Schnecksville Fire Company Fairgrounds ahead of Trump visit; his remarks to be livestreamed on wfmz.com | Lehigh Valley Regional News | wfmz.com

His rant about Gettysburg didn't go over big. I've heard comments were made about it even from the attendees.

Donald Trump's Rambling Rally Speech Raises Questions (msn.com)

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, acidhead said:

Nobody showed up to support Trump at a Rally in Schnecksville, Pennsylvania yesterday. 

Trump has lost his base... they say

20240414_011717.thumb.jpg.eb6244904da4d29e46ba2c775f2a5164.jpg

Boy howdy, that's gotta be several thousand people! It's difficult to imagine how he could lose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2