Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kari Lake refuses to concede in Arizona governor's race

MGB

Lake refuses to concede in Arizona governor's race she lost (msn.com)

image.png.008c734869e7fb23b37a0b00522def8a.png

PHOENIX (AP) — Refusing to concede, Kari Lake, the defeated Republican candidate for Arizona governor, said Thursday she is assembling lawyers and collecting evidence of voters having trouble casting ballots on Election Day as she considers her next move.

Lake, in a 2 1/2-minute video, made no mention of giving up in her most extensive public comments since losing the election. Before the election, she had refused to say that she would concede if she lost the race to Democrat Katie Hobbs

“Rest assured I have assembled the best and brightest legal team, and we are exploring every avenue to correct the many wrongs that have been done this past week,” Lake said. “I’m doing everything in my power to right these wrongs.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

OMG! I hope she ends up sitting in jail with Joseph Arpaio.   There should be some fines or other punishment for frivolous law suits by politicians who lost elections.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

It doesn’t take a week to count 30% of the remaining votes. She is most likely right and got screwed over. It’s why they invented the phrase “election deniers” so they can make it sound like your crazy if you even question it. 

and she is right. A lot of people never got to vote. The machines were “broken” in several places. People just went home. I’m 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, MGB said:

It took Cyber Ninjas months to recount Arizona's Presidential election and the results verified Arizona had no fraud. So regardless of how slow and methodically the vote is going a recount will probably show nothing amiss.

You have no idea what Arizona had or not. We aren’t talking about a recount. This is the first count and should have been easy and quick. Florida knew before the night was over. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Sounds like sour grapes.   

Oh well that was a well thought out rebuttal. So glad you cleared that up for me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alpha_Q said:

AZ is not FL. States have their own rules regarding counts. This was not an issue when Republicans were winnng.

Rebublicans designing and implementing a voting system then complaining about how it was designed and implemented is not a good look.

Republicans making it difficult to vote then complaining about how difficult it is to vote is also not a good look.

Republicans allowing CyberNinjas months to get the count right then complaining about how long it takes to get the count right after the election is also also not a good look. 

Republicans didn’t make it difficult to vote. Dominion did. Many people went home unable to vote cause the machines were “broken”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, preacherman76 said:

Republicans didn’t make it difficult to vote. Dominion did. Many people went home unable to vote cause the machines were “broken”

If that was the case the election officials should have had a backup plan.   It seems to me that it was a manipulation that backfired.   I would be curious to know which districts or neighborhoods had the "broken machines".    If I got to a polling place and the machine was broken and there was no backup plan I would just drive to another polling place.  But then maybe some areas (like arizona and texas) aren't into the 21st century so you still have to go to the elementary school in your neighborhood.   That should be a thing of the past.  It has been in the past for at least 12 years in New Mexico.   There are shops that can't get rentors so the county rents them year round to have them available as polling places and everything is computerized so checking in to vote is not dependent on you being in your neighborhood so that someone can find your name on a paper list.    

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Sounds like sour grapes.   

Actually, it sounds more like fraud.  The problem is that the Left and their media get to dictate terms and folks like yourself agree with them but don't recognize their own hypocrisy.  I'll say it again... if it took this long to count the votes and in nearly every case, the count went in favor of your opponents, it'd be YOU lot screaming about fraud.  Those who think they can simply mock and ignore the concerns of millions of Americans for the legitimacy of our elections are in for a sad awakening at some point.  This country is DYING as a result of this nonsense.  Why not be adults and agree on a basic set of rules to restore trust to EVERYONE?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I'm amazed that the Dominion problems resulted in only Republicans going home. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MGB said:

It took Cyber Ninjas months to recount Arizona's Presidential election and the results verified Arizona had no fraud. So regardless of how slow and methodically the vote is going a recount will probably show nothing amiss.

The anomalies they found benefitted the Republicans.

So maybe - for The Right, who sit on the left - it isn't so much a case of being incapable of fraud, but being incompetent at it.

Given then standard of of CT or caper proposed here, you wonder where they get there inspiration.

220px-The_Beagle_Boys.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, and-then said:

Actually, it sounds more like fraud.  The problem is that the Left and their media get to dictate terms and folks like yourself agree with them but don't recognize their own hypocrisy.  I'll say it again... if it took this long to count the votes and in nearly every case, the count went in favor of your opponents, it'd be YOU lot screaming about fraud.  Those who think they can simply mock and ignore the concerns of millions of Americans for the legitimacy of our elections are in for a sad awakening at some point.  This country is DYING as a result of this nonsense.  Why not be adults and agree on a basic set of rules to restore trust to EVERYONE?

Left Right Left Right.  There you go again.  Arizona has been a red state all along.  It did take this long last election for them to count the votes, but the republicans didn't scream about it then did they!   Get over it, you need some sunshine on your brain, and I really did mean it when I said I hope you feel better soon.   Maybe go play with your grandkids or something to get your mind off the zombie politics that keeps you so emotional.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

43 minutes ago, Michelle said:

There's a difference between claims of fraud and complaints against 'restrictions' that are perceived to limit voter access prior to voting.

Restrictions theoretically affect both Rep and Dem voters, even though Dems are much more likely to complain about them, and it would appear that Reps are much more likely to implement them. Of course, from a Rep perspective, the restrictions are not restrictions as much as they are attempts to limit potential illegal votes. Really, I don't have a problem with that. Limiting polling stations, and trying to remove mail-in votes... that's kinda scummy, tho.

There is also a difference between contesting an outcome/suggesting fraud - the first article suggests everyone has a right to do so - and continually pushing a fraud narrative despite all evidence to the contrary, and to the point where it begins to harm the entire party.

I expect Ms. Lake to request a recount, and she should. If it changes the outcome, so be it. If it doesn't, I expect she'll push the fraud narrative further. And if proven wrong, she'll push further still, and further and further, ad nauseum. 

Edited by Alpha_Q
Missing i
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Alpha_Q said:

Limiting polling stations, and trying to remove mail-in votes... that's kinda scummy, tho.

I hear a lot about Republicans limiting polling stations but have yet to see any evidence. Stacy Abrams is still touting the same BS. She's lost twice in Georgia and still can't stop talking about how she was railroaded blaming everyone but her own deficiencies. Now some extreme left are saying she should run for president. :lol:

Anyway, as my neighbor used to say, "It's six of one, half a dozen for another." I'm glad to know someone actually reads the links. :tu:

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Left Right Left Right.  There you go again

This^ is like some kind of mental hiccup with you, innit?  What term would prefer I use to describe the position on the political spectrum?  Liberal?  Democratic? Progressive?  THEY ARE ALL synonymous with that side (LEFT) on the Overton window.  Give it a rest...

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I hear a lot about Republicans limiting polling stations but have yet to see any evidence. Stacy Abrams is still touting the same BS. She's lost twice in Georgia and still can't stop talking about how she was railroaded blaming everyone but her own deficiencies. Now some extreme left are saying she should run for president. :lol:

Anyway, as my neighbor used to say, "It's six of one, half a dozen for another." I'm glad to know someone actually reads the links. :tu:

The state I remembered was Texas, so I quickly looked that up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/02/texas-polling-sites-closures-voting

Not sure where the Guardian fits on the blue/red, left/right, am not/are so axis. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, and-then said:

This^ is like some kind of mental hiccup with you, innit?  What term would prefer I use to describe the position on the political spectrum?  Liberal?  Democratic? Progressive?  THEY ARE ALL synonymous with that side (LEFT) on the Overton window.  Give it a rest...

I would prefer you not be so polarized that you insist there is only one right way for anything.  As long as you think there are two sides and one is wrong you are not really paying attention, you are being misled and manipulated.    And Left and Right, what does that reallly mean to you, does it mean Liberal and conservative, democrat and republican?   What?  Why do you have to use Left and Right, most people like you who hate the "left" are almost so far right they are left and don't know it, the line is thin and imaginary.   Instead of myopically blaming one imaginary side step back and look at the big picture.  Take breath, go for a walk, look in a child's eyes and you will understand that it isn't left/wrong and right/correct.   There is no such thing.   

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1