Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kari Lake refuses to concede in Arizona governor's race

MGB

14 minutes ago, Alpha_Q said:

The state I remembered was Texas, so I quickly looked that up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/02/texas-polling-sites-closures-voting

Not sure where the Guardian fits on the blue/red, left/right, am not/are so axis. 

Louisiana also, and in poorer areas where access to polls were already difficult for folks who don't drive.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Louisiana also, and in poorer areas where access to polls were already difficult for folks who don't drive.

I remember standing in line to vote because we only had one car and the family had to go as a unit if my mom wanted to vote.  Even in the 50's and 60's  poll taxes and polling stations Not on bus lines was a way to control who got to vote.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Alpha_Q said:

I'm amazed that the Dominion problems resulted in only Republicans going home. 

I’m not. In fact I called it before the elections even happened. That they would draw it out for days, and in the end democrats would win many of those elections. Especially this one as she was going to declare a state of emergency on the AZ boarder. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I’m not. In fact I called it before the elections even happened. That they would draw it out for days, and in the end democrats would win many of those elections. Especially this one as she was going to declare a state of emergency on the AZ boarder. 

What kind of gerrymandering are you thinking made that happen?   In a RED state, no less.   You are confused.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You have no idea what Arizona had or not. We aren’t talking about a recount. This is the first count and should have been easy and quick. Florida knew before the night was over. 

They are just being careful and thorough.

• Haha 2

Well the republicans had similar meltdowns in New Mexico but there was no one willing to file a law suit for a recount, they knew that it was on them.   The claim was that redistricting was done to purposely give more votes to democrats, but that was not done by democrats it was done by the state and it included both parties.   It is sad when politicians think they can act like spoiled babies to get what they want.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, razman said:

They are just being careful and thorough.

They were just figuring out how many votes she needed to put her over the top. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

What kind of gerrymandering are you thinking made that happen?   In a RED state, no less.   You are confused.

Not gerrymandering. Outright fraud. Same as 2020. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Not gerrymandering. Outright fraud. Same as 2020. 

Do you live in Arizona?

2 hours ago, and-then said:

This^ is like some kind of mental hiccup with you, innit?  What term would prefer I use to describe the position on the political spectrum?  Liberal?  Democratic? Progressive?  THEY ARE ALL synonymous with that side (LEFT) on the Overton window.  Give it a rest...

What the hell are you referring to?

He observed that any collection of public policies can be arranged in order from more free to less free (or alternatively, from less government intervention to more). To avoid comparison with the left-right political spectrum, he arranged the policies from bottom (less free) to top (more free).

https://www.mackinac.org/11398

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

But, lets be clear the observation was made ht you have a penchant for othering while virtue signalling that you all about unity and compromise.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, and-then said:

Those who think they can simply mock and ignore the concerns of millions of Americans for the legitimacy of our elections are in for a sad awakening at some point.  This country is DYING as a result of this nonsense.  Why not be adults and agree on a basic set of rules to restore trust to EVERYONE?

Agreeing on rules is not the point we are stuck at any more, I wish we could return to just arguing about rules but that seems so quaintly late 20th Century now.  Our problem is far more regressive, we're getting so we can't agree on a basic set of facts.  You mention the dangers of a 'post-factual, post-truth' society regularly and I agree with you on that but I just don't know why you are so careless then with the stuff you just assume is true.  You and others are right there, you see it all so rightly skeptically when it's the statements of 'the media' or 'MSM' meaning 'the left', but then there's such gullibility about junk your media tells you.  I'll never get why you don't recognize it and aren't skeptical about it.  Especially when it's just another obvious distraction; god, if we only spent as much time focusing on little things like why people in our country are going bankrupt paying medical bills as we do on CRT and trans people and drag queen storytellers.  We're insane.

Your numerous doom predictions I don't believe or worry about but one thing that I am with you on sometimes though is your frustration about the state of things.  To me Lake's defeat is a bright spot in that I hope it means that more people are just unwilling at some point to put up with lies and conspiracy junk and other similar bad aspects of Trumpism. To me they're both disqualified because of one of the first and most basic things that a lot of kids learn: don't be a poor loser.  With how close this is I think if Lake would have just shut up about her support for 'the Big Lie' she likely would have won this election, although it doesn't look like here abortion positions helped either.  

• Like 5

Despite all the evidence of counts, recounts, cyber-Ninjas recount in AZ, court cases all across the country, a few Supreme court visits and all of Trump's circle telling him he did not win, and the false elector slate was illegal he continued on with a lie, and a few of his supporters reject all of this evidence and instead hang on every lie Trump speaks as well as continued well debunked falsities such as this thread where a member thinks Arizona was fraud. Cyber Ninjas confirmed the count was correct and Arizona's Senate backed that claim. But Trump rejected that and said in a lie massive fraud was uncovered. This is why Trump needs to go. He lies, they follow and like a parrot repeat every spoken word. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, MGB said:

Lake refuses to concede in Arizona governor's race she lost (msn.com)

image.png.008c734869e7fb23b37a0b00522def8a.png

PHOENIX (AP) — Refusing to concede, Kari Lake, the defeated Republican candidate for Arizona governor, said Thursday she is assembling lawyers and collecting evidence of voters having trouble casting ballots on Election Day as she considers her next move.

Lake, in a 2 1/2-minute video, made no mention of giving up in her most extensive public comments since losing the election. Before the election, she had refused to say that she would concede if she lost the race to Democrat Katie Hobbs

“Rest assured I have assembled the best and brightest legal team, and we are exploring every avenue to correct the many wrongs that have been done this past week,” Lake said. “I’m doing everything in my power to right these wrongs.”

BOM started all this, and who can blame these sore losers for grasping at every straw they can but just wait good for goose is good for gander and i expect most who loose from here on out to pull this comedy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MGB said:

It took Cyber Ninjas months to recount Arizona's Presidential election and the results verified Arizona had no fraud. So regardless of how slow and methodically the vote is going a recount will probably show nothing amiss.

No, but she gets to be a sore loser twice.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I would prefer you not be so polarized that you insist there is only one right way for anything.  As long as you think there are two sides and one is wrong you are not really paying attention, you are being misled and manipulated.    And Left and Right, what does that reallly mean to you, does it mean Liberal and conservative, democrat and republican?   What?  Why do you have to use Left and Right, most people like you who hate the "left" are almost so far right they are left and don't know it, the line is thin and imaginary.   Instead of myopically blaming one imaginary side step back and look at the big picture.  Take breath, go for a walk, look in a child's eyes and you will understand that it isn't left/wrong and right/correct.   There is no such thing.   

I do get confused easy but seems its not so much two sides but rather "trump" is the only good and anything that isnt trump is bad, it sure wasnt about GOP and have they said they will endorse trump and further damage their party?

We the people deserve so much more than, dem, gop, trump.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, razman said:

These people are all the same , like mini Trumps , deny the loss . In my opinion her mouth was at least as big as Trumps.

When you say...these people...you are obviously talking about Al Gore...right?

16 minutes ago, the13bats said:

….. We the people deserve so much more than, dem, gop, trump.

Amen to that idea.

It’s coming, and there will be a fight, but not like January 6th. 

Humanism has run its course ….

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, the13bats said:

BOM started all this, and who can blame these sore losers for grasping at every straw they can but just wait good for goose is good for gander and i expect most who loose from here on out to pull this comedy.

She even parrots like Trump "The best and the brightest lawyers" she is getting. See how Trump's best and brightest worked out? A few jailed, some fired, etc...

• Like 2

Just now, MGB said:

She even parrots like Trump "The best and the brightest lawyers" she is getting. See how Trump's best and brightest worked out? A few jailed, some fired, etc...

Someone asked what happened to mr brownsweat and qnon powell i too slightly wonder,

Thing is the bestest lawer ever cant find votes where there arent any. Loser are losers.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, joc said:

When you say...these people...you are obviously talking about Al Gore...right?

Well , generally some of these GOP politiciians who are in these races . Why did Al Gore do this too?

7 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Well, here's ONE they didn't win...

Earlier today I saw a Tweet saying Nancy was able to gloat over Boebert no longer being in the House.  Seems the news of her demise was a bit premature.