Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police officer photographs UFO over Anna Maria Island, Florida

UM-Bot

One photo of the "incident" speaks volumes of the claim.

Anna Marie Island is south of St. Petersburg Beach. This is an area crawling with tourists and snowbirds. One photo says it all.

Why would they send cargo planes to check out anything flying in the sky????

Edited by esoteric_toad
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

...Why would they send cargo planes to check out anything flying in the sky????

Not sure of the unreleased details, but maybe the Coast Guard plane was on routine patrol/training, reported the object and was told to try and get a closer look.

That would be a very standard initial reaction, if that's what happened.

• Like 2

I can't wait to see the day when I will learn whether UFO's are Russian or American made

• Haha 1

Looks like imagery from a flight simulator.

Of course i dont know what it really is past at this point an alleged pic of a plane with an extra blurry thing in the shot, typical we only have a story no collaborative info, that area isnt dead and no way this would be the only pic of the event.

59 minutes ago, openozy said:

Everyone knows how honest and upstanding police officers are, who would doubt this :)

A few of the more riduculous UFO/alien tales do come from cops.

• Like 2

I was in Bradenton a summer ago, and it is indeed crawling with tourists and OLD people. And every third person has a camera. If it was visible from the beach, I imagine a ton of people would have seen it and snapped pics.

My guess is some kind of balloon. LOTS of parties in that part of the world. Stays warm all year round. Lots of drunks too. A big balloon getting loose would... should... be a daily event.

• Like 2

The theme parks here sell all kinds of balloons some have led lights inside and look wild, out in the Kissimmee area is all kinds of that junk floating around.

Ok, so there's only the photo and officer's allegations? Yeah, no. I would kindly say that's not really good evidence and requires more information.

I would also ask if there's any corroboration from the plan's pilot/crew. Maybe there's a radar return of this alleged object? Where are all the corresponding statements and data? 

*sighs* More of the same. Throw this in the bin with the rest of unsubstantiated claims.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trelane said:

Ok, so there's only the photo and officer's allegations? Yeah, no. I would kindly say that's not really good evidence and requires more information.

I would also ask if there's any corroboration from the plan's pilot/crew. Maybe there's a radar return of this alleged object? Where are all the corresponding statements and data? 

*sighs* More of the same. Throw this in the bin with the rest of unsubstantiated claims.

The Coast Guard isn't wasting oxygen on the story.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As things stand no explanation for the sighting has been forthcoming

For those of us who've been around in forums like this for MANY YEARS= do we really need to hear one? If so; who from? :sleepy:

Personally I've been interested in this enigma for over 50+ years & i know no more now than I did then with regards to facts...

Carry on with the stories of strange happenings= it's all good fun.. well for some anyways ;)

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 11:33 PM, Dejarma said:

For those of us who've been around in forums like this for MANY YEARS= do we really need to hear one? If so; who from? :sleepy:

Personally I've been interested in this enigma for over 50+ years & i know no more now than I did then with regards to facts...

Carry on with the stories of strange happenings= it's all good fun.. well for some anyways ;)

Hum, i have been into paranormal topics well over 40 but using the word "facts" loosely i have come a long way, back when i started i was far more open to stories i was credulous to a degree as time passed and all i get are stories.

I realised im not a blind faith believer and i am also a cynical skeptic due partly to how nasty some believers get when asked any question they dont like. I know the fact is for me i need proof to back up stories.