Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Georgia ban on Saturday voting before Warnock vs Walker runoff would ‘irreparably harm’ voters

MGB

16 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Oh come on.... People can get a Absentee Ballot from 78 to 11 days before the election. And it has to arrive on, or before, voting day. So, basically from right after the last election you can request one and mail it in. You can also email it, or fill it out online and submit it. Or, hand it in on voting day.

People saying they can't vote due to one Saturday being unavailable, are either stupid, or lazy, or trying to beat a dead horse.

https://georgia.gov/vote-absentee-ballot

The polls are open from 7 AM to 7 PM, so most everyone who wants to get in line can vote. The super long lines on voting day at the end of the day are THOSE people's fault, IMHO. They know the rules, and yet, like a kid waiting till midnight to do their homework, they show up at 7PM and then complain about the lines.

https://georgia.gov/vote-in-person-election-day

The only thing I see that would be an honest gripe is the hours of Early Voting. Where they close up at 5 PM, rather then 7 PM. So that constrains many who work later in the day.

https://georgia.gov/vote-early-person

Every state is different when it comes to absentee voting.  For me it is easier to go to an early voting location (which are open on Saturday and Sunday) before the election in Albuquerque.   The more people are encouraged and enabled to vote the better for both parties and the country.   And anything that causes it to be more difficult for one group over others is wrong, whether it is state law or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Every state is different when it comes to absentee voting.  For me it is easier to go to an early voting location (which are open on Saturday and Sunday) before the election in Albuquerque.   The more people are encouraged and enabled to vote the better for both parties and the country.   And anything that causes it to be more difficult for one group over others is wrong, whether it is state law or not.

But, you agree we can't just be lawless about it. There has to be some regulations defining who/when/where/how. It's a matter of allowing the most people to vote who want to, while preventing those who shouldn't vote from somehow voting. 

In Oregon we have a ballot mailed to every registered voter. It's up to the voter to register if they want to vote. Everyone mails it in, often a week or more before the election date, and there's very little in the way of possibilities to commit fraud. I'm sure people could if they wanted to, by spending a lot of time and money, but AFAIK, they line up the voter lists with returns and everything else is trash. The one thing that gets people is Not Signing their ballot they mail in.

What tickles me is that laws will be put into place that are used worldwide, but are still called anti-voting/disenfranchising by the far left. 

6 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Yeah... 100%. They had 4 WEEKS to get a Absentee ballot, and almost TWO WEEKS to vote early, and get to vote if they show up by 7 on Voting Day. If the person wants to vote, but doesn't want to put any effort into it... That's the persons personal choice. Just like not voting at all. You think the voting workers should go around to each person's house and get their vote? Where does the self responsibility come into it?

If the person waits till Election Day, what makes you believe the person would go and vote early on Saturday? Oh, they just need that opportunity?? Well they have the same opportunity with a Absentee ballot. Which you can ask for online, fill out online and submit.... Online. Do you really believe a sizeable percentage of Georgians doesn't have access to a computer or a cell phone?

I'll bet you if there was a referendum in Congress to make voting day a national holiday so everyone could vote, I know which party would reject it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MGB said:

I'll bet you if there was a referendum in Congress to make voting day a national holiday so everyone could vote, I know which party would reject it.

And yet, even then, if the day is a holiday, we'd be told that those who forgot, and wanted to vote the next day are being abused. That their vote MUST be counted. Where do the demands of the stupid end and the law begin?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

And yet, even then, if the day is a holiday, we'd be told that those who forgot, and wanted to vote the next day are being abused. That their vote MUST be counted. Where do the demands of the stupid end and the law begin?

I'd ask the Austrailians and my Brazilian wife with their laws requiring everyone to vote.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

BS. You think voting shouldn't have any limits? How about I vote right now for the President, will my vote count? WHAT! NO? Why not? Every vote should count right??? Oh, there are restrictions and expectations? OH, but that means restricting voters!!!

Your post is a classic example of never getting enough candy. Like a child keeps asking for candy, you can't have easy enough voting. It's socially irresponsible to not want limits. It means chaos and confusion everywhere. 

Now if we want to go look at the Georgia voting laws and pick apart specific restrictions... Yeah, I can get that. I myself stated above I'd like to see the early voting go till 7 PM, rather then 5 PM. But, I don't feel like a voting worker should be standing outside a courthouse 24/7/365 to collect votes from idiots who can't figure out how/when/where to get their vote collected.  

Way to take my post completely out of context. You do that a lot. Instead of asking for clarity, you try to post shiat that I didn't say. Very disingenuous of you, and dishonest as well.

Edited by Hankenhunter

21 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I'd ask the Austrailians and my Brazilian wife with their laws requiring everyone to vote.  

Read, read, read... Yeah it appears the voting laws in Australia are actually pretty similar, but Election Day voting stops at 6 PM, and you can't register to vote after the Closing of the Rolls, which is a month before the election. So all these people who show up and demand to be counted by registering same day would be told to go home in Australia. I can only guess how "unfair", and "racist", and "disproportionately affects the poor", such a system would be accused of by far left US voters.

Failure to vote is dealt with by being asked to give an excuse several times, and then a $20 fine. Repeat offenses though end up with $50 and possibly revoking of driving privilege. That would likely be called "racist" and "disproportionately affects the poor", also.

What I don't see is that when people say its unfair, that the Australian courts change current law to comfort said complainers. 

https://www.aec.gov.au/Elections/federal_elections/2022/timetable.htm

Edited by DieChecker

30 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Way to take my post completely out of context. You do that a lot. Instead of asking for clarity, you try post shiat that I didn't say. Very disingenuous of you, and dishonest to boot.

Sorry if I went too far. I find that most people mean more then what they wrote, and in the greater context of the thread, I often make assumptions.

What did you mean then by...

Sounded to me like a sideways attack on the "Republican" voting laws of Georgia. Which the main complaint, in this thread was the Saturday voting. To which a number of posters were saying "Any regulation preventing voting is bad". 

Sorry then I assumed this was your stance also. 

Edited by DieChecker
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MGB said:

The Republicans want people who play golf for a living, to vote. It’s a insult to our intelligence.

The only way they could barely win back the House of Representatives was through their extreme redistricting tactics.

My deep concern is, if President Biden dies in office before 2024, we could end up with a Harris vs. Trump situation. 

These secret hopes to turn U.S. into pre World War II Germany are a bridge to the Gates of Hell. To allow a monument to Hitler or Stalin, in the image of Donald Trump, to be erected here is unacceptable.

Hopefully, Donald Trump will be jailed soon, or better yet …. exiled to Russia.

Edited by Raptor Witness

On 11/26/2022 at 10:19 PM, Raptor Witness said:

The Republicans want people who play golf for a living, to vote. It’s a insult to our intelligence.

Really?   You think 75 million voters play golf for a living?   Just more nonsense.  

The Democrats are just pushing their division in any way they can.   Racist, bigoted Democrats enjoy the violence and division.

• Like 1