Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Musk reinstates Trump's suspended Twitter account following poll

Hankenhunter

20 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

What's that got to do with you wondering why Trump Jr found it funny?

:lol:

I'm assuming it wasn't this tweet from that same link, but another.

Glad I could clear that up. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Buds, you said yourself it was taken down.  How could anyone see it.  But so what?  That wasn't what my post aboot.

My post was intended as an answer to you wondering why Trump Jr found it funny.

PS.  Why do you preface many of you quuestions with "just curious" - isnt that a common reason for asking a question in the first place?

Your bias automatically assumed Musk's tweet was terrible humour since Trump Jr found it funny.  

Which is fine.  Most people assume a lot of things.   

I'm genuinely curious when I ask a question on a forum. Nobody likes to be pressured into answering another individuals question so I preface it with just curious to give them the option of replying to it or not.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I'm assuming it wasn't this tweet from that same link, but another.

Glad I could clear that up. 

Nope. It was neither of those videos. 

The tweet Musk deleted was a meme. 

• Haha 1

Just now, acidhead said:

Your bias automatically assumed Musk's tweet was terrible humour since Trump Jr found it funny.  

Which is fine.  Most people assume a lot of things.   

I'm genuinely curious when I ask a question on a forum. Nobody likes to be pressured into answering another individuals question so I preface it with just curious to give them the option of replying to it or not.  

:rolleyes:

Then why were you wondering why Trump Jr found it funny?

Weird that you prefaced the question to me with "just curious" but followed up with sarcasm when you didn't get an answer that was supposedly optional; and, not actually relevant to my answer to your wondering.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Yeah that's what you said.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

:rolleyes:

Then why were you wondering why Trump Jr found it funny?

Weird that you prefaced the question to me with "just curious" but followed up with sarcasm when you didn't get an answer that was supposedly optional; and, not actually relevant to my answer to your wondering.

Because if it walks like a troll and talks like a troll then yeah its likely that guy i have on ignore.

• Like 2

If an individual says they have another member here on their ignore list to another member who's currently engaged in a conversation with said member its safe to assume they're not using the ignore feature the way it's intended to be used. 

Hahaha 

That said, the ignore feature here takes self control and discipline in order for it to be effective.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Yeah that's what you said.

Lol

So did I :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Did you see it before it was deleted?

So many things on twitter getting deleted these days. It's a tyranny.........:ph34r:

Edited by psyche101
  • Haha 4

I found the tweets I think acidhead posted. Not sure why Musk would have have deleted them. Don Jr posted on Instagram...

IMG_20221121_144146_(500_x_628_pixel).jpg.06b5a6d4b676d2a85b8eb9415af73288.jpgIMG_20221121_144159_(500_x_621_pixel).jpg.a0ff8de13dc223fbc0077bd2dccafec6.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/20/2022 at 1:34 PM, Knob Oddy said:

Having a private citizen colluding with the DHS over who should get access to the largest platform for expressing opinions is government involvement in speech. Its in violation of the 1st amendment.

https://theintercept.com/2022/10/31/social-media-disinformation-dhs/

It's no longer a "private company" matter when the Feds are limiting your speech

Twitter never was a free speech platform.  It censors threads about *** Blocked ***ography, sex with babies, tweets offering human slaves for sale, animal torture videos, etc, etc (or tries to.)  Since Twitter as a company is based in the US, the company has to comply with US laws.  Following the laws is not "colluding."

...this is why 4chan and 8chan couldn't be hosted here in the US.  That's why 4chan and 8chan are possibly true (or true-er) free speech platforms whereas Twitter never was and was never intended to be.

And to be honest, most folks are far more comfortable on a limited speech platform -- and I bet you would be, too.  I've been on "free speech/unrestrained" platforms before and they're uninteresting, full of spam and virused clickbait, and things like photos of people being crushed to death (that was on 4chan years ago and I can't unsee it, alas) -- the platforms are downright toxic.

However, if you like that kind of thing, there is 8kun (formerly 8chan) still out there, hosted on a Russian provider.

• Like 4

On 11/20/2022 at 7:34 AM, joc said:

What 'rules' exactly did he violate?

You can google it.  It was all over the news (conservative as well as MSM, etc.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

You can google it.  It was all over the news (conservative as well as MSM, etc.)

I tell you what Kenemet...YOU said he broke the rules...I don't watch the news.  You said...you show...give me some proof of pudding please or just stick your thumb back in your mouth.  Specifically I am requesting that you tell me which 'rule' he broke and offer proof unto the breaking there of.   

• Thanks 1

He can't. He just remembers what he heard. All of these social media sites have arbitrary rules made to apply to any situation at any time. There will be no clause to quote. It's all done on the opinionated whims of the blue haired morality police.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, F3SS said:

He can't. He just remembers what he heard. All of these social media sites have arbitrary rules made to apply to any situation at any time. There will be no clause to quote. It's all done on the opinionated whims of the blue haired morality police.

Or you pair could look yourself.

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/08/954760928/twitter-bans-president-trump-citing-risk-of-further-incitement-of-violence

Jan sixth was the final straw. 

A disgraceful day in American history.

• Like 1

JACK WHITE IS no longer on Twitter. On Sunday, the musician posted a scathing letter to Instagram explaining his decision to leave the bird app after Twitter CEO Elon Musk decided to reinstate Donald Trump’s account, two years after he was banned for his comments following the insurrection.

“So you gave Trump his Twitter platform back. Absolutely disgusting, Elon,” he wrote. “That is officially an ******* move. Why don’t you be truthful? Tell it like it is.” 

“People like you and Joe Rogan (who gives platforms to liars like Alex Jones etc.); you come into a ton of money, see the tax bill, despise paying your fair share, and then think moving to Texas and supporting whatever republican you can is going to help you keep more of your money (How else could trump possibly interest you?),” he added.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jack-white-quits-twitter-elon-musk-donald-trump-1234634462/

Not his best lyrics but maybe it will have a catchy beat to go along with it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

35 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

JACK WHITE IS no longer on Twitter. On Sunday, the musician posted a scathing letter to Instagram explaining his decision to leave the bird app after Twitter CEO Elon Musk decided to reinstate Donald Trump’s account, two years after he was banned for his comments following the insurrection.

“So you gave Trump his Twitter platform back. Absolutely disgusting, Elon,” he wrote. “That is officially an ******* move. Why don’t you be truthful? Tell it like it is.” 

“People like you and Joe Rogan (who gives platforms to liars like Alex Jones etc.); you come into a ton of money, see the tax bill, despise paying your fair share, and then think moving to Texas and supporting whatever republican you can is going to help you keep more of your money (How else could trump possibly interest you?),” he added.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jack-white-quits-twitter-elon-musk-donald-trump-1234634462/

Not his best lyrics but maybe it will have a catchy beat to go along with it. 

A stand up bloke who has ethics and principles. More than Musk clearly does.

Was already a fan of his music. I like him all the more now. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaco8Wu-J0PmCPs1R8G31

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

It’s drama queen story hour up in here, 

What you trying to get Pelosi to talk to you on social media again :lol:

Give it up. Even she doesn't sink to that level :lol:

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

People like you and Joe Rogan (who gives platforms to liars like Alex Jones etc.); you come into a ton of money, see the tax bill, despise paying your fair share, and then think moving to Texas and supporting whatever republican you can is going to help you keep more of your money

Uhm, yea. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Uhm, yea. 

Joe Rogan Moving to Texas Could Save Him $13 Million in Tax Breaks

Elon Musk has a $2.5 billion reason to move to Texas: avoiding California capital gains tax

Or are you disputing that these scam artists are wealthy, or do you challenge the fact that they give platform to outright liars? 

Not sure what you actually object to.

• Like 1