Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was a young girl adopted from Russia capable of murder?

Grim Reaper 6

More than two decades ago, "48 Hours" contributor Troy Roberts reported on the heart-wrenching story of a 9-year-old Russian girl who was adopted by an American couple. They called the little girl Caralee, and their lives together started with promise. But a year-and-a-half later, the couple came to believe Caralee was dangerous, even capable of murder. They say she tried to kill her little brother. Roberts was there as the American couple returned Caralee to Russia and left her behind in a children's psychiatric hospital. For years, he tried to find out what became of Caralee, and last summer they reunited and he learned her surprising story. 

I've done many stories during the course of my career, but this was one that — that really stuck with me," Roberts says. Covering this story changed Roberts' life, and left him steeped in a haunting mystery that began when the couple first arrived in Moscow, hoping to find the perfect child.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/was-a-young-girl-adopted-from-russia-capable-of-murder/ar-AARtxIP?ocid=EMMX&cvid=62199b2f9dd940958f4273ff66c55ba6

• Like 2
  • Sad 1