Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the name and location of this Nazca glyph

glez

I'm trying to find the name, location, a high resolution image or any other information about the attached Nazca glyph.  Any help would be appreciated.

2021-01-22_16-31-37 - Copy.png

• Like 2

Its the Sun Clock Geoglyph and is not part of Nazca but instead in Palpa, the Ica region Peru

https://www.travelingmark.com/peru/solar-clock-geoglyph-palpa/

About 50 km away or so.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 9

59 minutes ago, glez said:

Thanks for the help.  I'll do some reading.  I was surprised to see its named the Sun Clock as it looks nothing like a modern day clock.

I don't recall but someone may have used it to monitor the solar cycle (or that is one theory). You can find material about it on line.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2022 at 8:40 AM, glez said:

Thanks for the help.  I'll do some reading.  I was surprised to see its named the Sun Clock as it looks nothing like a modern day clock.

Initial mechanical clockNeither did the first ever mechanical clock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaden said:

Initial mechanical clockNeither did the first ever mechanical clock.

That sure does look like a mechanical clock. It had toothed wheels and a bell.

On 12/28/2022 at 3:20 PM, Abramelin said:

That sure does look like a mechanical clock. It had toothed wheels and a bell.

The statement I was replying to was;  " I was surprised to see its named the Sun Clock as it looks nothing like a modern day clock." I hope you are not suggesting the first ever mechanical clock looks like a modern day clock.

13 hours ago, Gaden said:

The statement I was replying to was;  " I was surprised to see its named the Sun Clock as it looks nothing like a modern day clock." I hope you are not suggesting the first ever mechanical clock looks like a modern day clock.

But you said: "Neither did the first ever mechanical clock."

And the image you posted sure does look like a 'first ever mechanical clock'. Maybe you meant to say 'modern' instead of 'mechanical' ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 9:30 AM, Abramelin said:

But you said: "Neither did the first ever mechanical clock."

And the image you posted sure does look like a 'first ever mechanical clock'. Maybe you meant to say 'modern' instead of 'mechanical' ?

" I was surprised to see its named the Sun Clock as it looks nothing like a modern day clock." Reply: While posting an image of the first mechanical clock; "Neither did the first ever mechanical clock." Meaning: The first ever mechanical clock did not look like a modern day clock. Am I wrong?

Edited by Gaden