Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Data from Hunter Biden's laptop is real

MGB

10 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Which makes the story even more bizarre!  What would he trying to recover that wasn't in The Cloud.  He went in to the store with three or four laptops.  One he was shown how to recover the contents himself.  Another was the machine the Paul Mac workedon.  The others were write-offs.

Are we supposed to believe he's oblivious to information security.  The guy was appoint by Bush to the board of Amtrak. Which raises the question what did the Big Guy do for Baby Bush to get Hunter's nose in the trough.

It's takes spme pretty convoluted rationalising to support this CT.

A laydown misere and AG Barr couldn't get on the the board.

I simply do not know the full story and we might never know. The case is a trump worshipper go to for whataboutism , look over thereness. It should stand on its own and be investagated and if dad is involved bust him too.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MGB said:

As Republicans take control of the House, they're gearing up to make good on their promises to investigate Hunter Biden. Now, CBS News has looked at the data of Hunter's infamous laptop that came directly from the source who said they provided it to the FBI under subpoena, and determined that it had not been doctored in any way, as some past reports have suggested.

CBS News commissioned an independent forensic review of the laptop to determine its authenticity, which found that the data obtained is indeed from Hunter Biden's laptop and is real.

Interesting to see this coming from Raw Story which is ultra leftist.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Interesting to see this coming from Raw Story which is ultra leftist.

Yes, it is. It would be nice If they just reported the news and not put a political spin on it. Maybe they don't want Biden to run in 2024 I'm hoping.

Does anyone still think the laptop is a fake? I recall the last time the laptop was in discussion here at UM, there were a bunch of people claiming there was still no evidence the laptop belonged to Hunter! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Does anyone still think the laptop is a fake? I recall the last time the laptop was in discussion here at UM, there were a bunch of people claiming there was still no evidence the laptop belonged to Hunter! 

Right wing news sites can't be trusted doncha know. Even the Daily Mail called it before the election. :lol:

• Like 1

Interesting that nothing significant was found other than it was his laptop. There is no indication at this point that Joe has been implicated in any way so it’s basically a nothing burger.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Interesting that nothing significant was found other than it was his laptop. There is no indication at this point that Joe has been implicated in any way so it’s basically a nothing burger.

If it's such a "nothing" issue,  why did the media spend two years trying to convince us it was Russian disinformation?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

It is not really a matter of fake, it is chain of ownership.  Hunter left it.  A computer repairman had it, Rudy had it, Tucker Carlson had it, Republican Congressmen had it.  Any of those people plus Roger Stone could have loaded it with fake incriminating data.

After forensic analysis is done, and provenance is established for files and when they were altered, if they were, then it becomes clear that it is authentic and not jiggered by many who would love to prove something about the Bidens.  Even the Russians and Chinese might have had an interest and certainly the capability.

I still trust the FBI to verify that.  So yeah, the files seem to be authentic.

Republicans on the other hand don't trust the FBI or their analysis.  So all they seem to have is intense wishful thinking.   They want it to be true, but don't trust the FBI to verify it, so they rely on what?  

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

If it's such a "nothing" issue,  why did the media spend two years trying to convince us it was Russian disinformation?

If it such a something burger, why didn't Ron Johnson's committee investigation product some facts and make some charges a year and a half ago?  Why did Matt Gaetz enter it in the Congressional record with no comments or accusations? 

I don't always track what media does, but I think American jurisprudence does not rely on media to indict, charge, or sentence.  If there are crimes, whip it out and show us.  

Lets have some justice.  

• Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Hi PA

Don’t know other than it being used as a means of implicating Joe in some way which hasn’t been shown to have any credible value in that sense.

The laptop has been in custody and reviewed with nothing to show complicity so as far as I am concerned it’s a nothing burger

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Any. Day. Now.

Said it once, I'll say it again. This is a carbon copy of Hillary's investigation. It follows the same m.o. All this time, and no charges. Sounding familiar? It's just another ploy to keep Trumpers enraged, and the spotlight off Trumps screw ups. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MGB said:

Yes, it is. It would be nice If they just reported the news and not put a political spin on it. Maybe they don't want Biden to run in 2024 I'm hoping.

While Joe is old, he's a seriously good President imo.  Every dictatorship in the world is on the brink of collapse right now.  We could be looking at a clean sweep of the USA's biggest international enemies before 2024.  As to inflation, do you seriously think after EVERY country in the world just turned on the printing presses to make money to pay for Covid that there wouldn't be large inflation? Trump turned on the money presses and it was the right call imo.   It was inevitable.  All anyone, GOP or Dem, can do to get it under control is monetary policy (i.e. raise interest rates).  What Biden has done is get the job market booming, so at least people can get a steady income to weather the inevitable.  Joe is a way better president than I expected.  By comparison, the GOP has a line-up of appalling right wing extremists, each worse than the last.  If I saw a moderate and responsible conservative running for the GOP I might seriously consider changing my vote.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

They want it to be true, but don't trust the FBI to verify it, so they rely on what?  

They rely on an investigation, of course 

whatapp, tat :rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

It is not really a matter of fake, it is chain of ownership.  Hunter left it.  A computer repairman had it, Rudy had it, Tucker Carlson had it, Republican Congressmen had it.  Any of those people plus Roger Stone could have loaded it with fake incriminating data.

The FBI confiscated it from the repairman after he made copies. Unless you think the FBI has a leak, evidence does not get passed around like a baseball.

Snopes even agrees with me.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/10/15/hunter-biden-laptop-giuliani/

Edited by Michelle

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

The FBI confiscated it from the repairman after he made copies. Unless you think the FBI has a leak, evidence does not get passed around like a baseball.

Yes. Copies were made, so who is referring to about which copy?   That is why the chain of ownership is important.  Did Ron Johnson or Tucker Carlson get their copy from the FBI or were they repairman copies done later?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hunter-biden-laptop-data-analysis/

Some other versions of the laptop data circulated later appeared to have had data added after April 2019, a sign they could have been tampered with, according to reports in other media outlets, including The Washington Post

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Did Ron Johnson or Tucker Carlson get their copy from the FBI or were they repairman copies done later?

Since the have no say in the result of an investigation they can bloviate rumors as much as the NYT or WaPo. It's not difficult to tell which is the original and it shouldn't take years.

40 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes. Copies were made, so who is referring to about which copy?   That is why the chain of ownership is important.  Did Ron Johnson or Tucker Carlson get their copy from the FBI or were they repairman copies done later?

Some other versions of the laptop data circulated later appeared to have had data added after April 2019, a sign they could have been tampered with, according to reports in other media outlets, including The Washington Post

I just find the story so darn fishy, and there really is no chain of evidence, i believe i read even rudy brownsweat made copies.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I just find the story so darn fishy, and there really is no chain of evidence, i believe i read even rudy brownsweat made copies.

So I have read.  Also, in an interview, the repairman says not all of the stuff in the news was on the original he gave to the FBI.  So, are people popping their gaskets over information on the original; or information added to a copy?

I won't second guess the FBI too much, but they might say there is no case other than drug abuse and firearm violation based on the original laptop.  They have had the original for 3 years according to the lawyer below. 

Brian Della Rocca, the lawyer for the shop owner, provided to CBS News what he called an "exact copy" of the laptop data provided to federal investigators nearly three years ago. Della Rocca said he considers it "clean" because it predates versions that were widely circulated by Republican operatives to attack then-candidate Joe Biden before the 2020 presidential election.  

Did overzealous Republican campaign operatives shoot themselves in the foot by releasing doctored copies?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

So I have read.  Also, in an interview, the repairman says not all of the stuff in the news was on the original he gave to the FBI.  So, are people popping their gaskets over information on the original; or information added to a copy?

I won't second guess the FBI too much, but they might say there is no case other than drug abuse and firearm violation based on the original laptop.  They have had the original for 3 years according to the lawyer below. 

Brian Della Rocca, the lawyer for the shop owner, provided to CBS News what he called an "exact copy" of the laptop data provided to federal investigators nearly three years ago. Della Rocca said he considers it "clean" because it predates versions that were widely circulated by Republican operatives to attack then-candidate Joe Biden before the 2020 presidential election.  

Did overzealous Republican campaign operatives shoot themselves in the foot by releasing doctored copies?

Of course they did and that tech fellow doesnt want it to bite him in the butt.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Funny that this was never part of the argument at the time the laptop was found! 

After forensic analysis is done, and provenance is established for files and when they were altered, if they were, then it becomes clear that it is authentic and not jiggered by many who would love to prove something about the Bidens.  Even the Russians and Chinese might have had an interest and certainly the capability.

I still trust the FBI to verify that.  So yeah, the files seem to be authentic.

Republicans on the other hand don't trust the FBI or their analysis.  So all they seem to have is intense wishful thinking.   They want it to be true, but don't trust the FBI to verify it, so they rely on what?  

The story was clearly authentic two years ago. The media lied and lied and tried to get you to doubt it, until they couldn't anymore. 

Imagine if they did that with stories running the other way of the political spectrum? Imagine if every half-baked story run about Donald Trump was vetted with the same care and attention that Hunter Biden's laptop story did!!!! 

In an ideal world, I'd agree that the laptop story SHOULD be treated to a certain level of scepticism. BUT, as the majority of the mainstream media only treat one side with such scepticism (the side that favours the democrats and demonises the republicans) this type of argument will continue. When the double standards disappear, I think you'll find a lot of Republicans will change their tune about who they trust! 

If it such a something burger, why didn't Ron Johnson's committee investigation product some facts and make some charges a year and a half ago?  Why did Matt Gaetz enter it in the Congressional record with no comments or accusations? 

I don't always track what media does, but I think American jurisprudence does not rely on media to indict, charge, or sentence.  If there are crimes, whip it out and show us.  

Lets have some justice.  

You are operating under the false assumption that the opposite of a nothing burger is "charged by someone in a criminal investigation". 

Edited by Paranoid Android

5 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi PA

Don’t know other than it being used as a means of implicating Joe in some way which hasn’t been shown to have any credible value in that sense.

The laptop has been in custody and reviewed with nothing to show complicity so as far as I am concerned it’s a nothing burger

And yet every left wing news purveyor in America tried to convince the world the laptop was Russian disinformation.... you can handwave that fact away with any rationale you choose, but the fact is still there in plain black and white! 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

And yet every left wing news purveyor in America tried to convince the world the laptop was Russian disinformation.... you can handwave that fact away with any rationale you choose, but the fact is still there in plain black and white! 

Hi PA

When there is a judicial inquiry published in black and white for charges then it is a something burger and until then nothing of any significance has arisen to date.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi PA

When there is a judicial inquiry published in black and white for charges then it is a something burger and until then nothing of any significance has arisen to date.

Hi jmc, perhaps this conversation is differing due to neither of us using terminology the same.  In your definition/s,  it appears that if there is no criminal outcome,  it's a nothing burger. 

That's not how I view it. Nor is it the view of anyone who saw the media deceive the populace for two straight years before they had to admit it was legit!

Edited by Paranoid Android

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

If he is telling the truth, then Federal agencies and this man have the clean copies, and any others with added data are phony. And charges should be made in that case.

• Like 2