Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Data from Hunter Biden's laptop is real

MGB

From my understanding the President CAN definitely declassify documents. He simply has to let those who control the documents know that he's done so. This can be done in a number of ways, beginning with an Executive Order, or editing an existing Executive order.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/government-classification-and-mar-lago-documents

What he can't do is say he declassified a document and have no physical evidence, no paper trail, no time/date stamp, that he did so. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

From my understanding the President CAN definitely declassify documents. He simply has to let those who control the documents know that he's done so. This can be done in a number of ways, beginning with an Executive Order, or editing an existing Executive order.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/government-classification-and-mar-lago-documents

What he can't do is say he declassified a document and have no physical evidence, no paper trail, no time/date stamp, that he did so. 

Quite true.  That would be the process I was talking about.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Ah but that wasn't the issue.  The issue was whether or not there was evidence that existed to crimes.  

That appears to be where the discussion headed,  but that's not what I was reading the issue to be! I thought the issue was whether the media response and reaction to criminal allegations was commensurate with the severity of the allegation and veracity of the evidence? For example,  from basically the start of his presidency the mainstream left wing media was running stories that Trump will need to step down,  that his crimes will end his presidency,  yada yada. Evidently this was a media beat up, the media allegations were wildly exaggerated and overblown, and it was constant throughout his tenure. 

Using this discussion to argue specific details about January 6 or classified documents or even the Trump University fiasco misses the point entirely - it doesn't justify years of unjustified "reporting". It's essentially saying "let's use the 3 times I actually reported a real story to gloss over and justify the thousand times I was caught exaggerating/lying/spinning/etc to sell other stories and slander political opponents". 

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, DieChecker said:

He also can't change the content of the document.

If he theoretically declassifies information that is a risk to national security the act  declassifying doesn’t charge that risk.

It has been a while now but at least one of the laws potentially breached refers to national security and not classification.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

That appears to be where the discussion headed,  but that's not what I was reading the issue to be! I thought the issue was whether the media response and reaction to criminal allegations was commensurate with the severity of the allegation and veracity of the evidence? For example,  from basically the start of his presidency the mainstream left wing media was running stories that Trump will need to step down,  that his crimes will end his presidency,  yada yada. Evidently this was a media beat up, the media allegations were wildly exaggerated and overblown, and it was constant throughout his tenure. 

Using this discussion to argue specific details about January 6 or classified documents or even the Trump University fiasco misses the point entirely - it doesn't justify years of unjustified "reporting". It's essentially saying "let's use the 3 times I actually reported a real story to gloss over and justify the thousand times I was caught exaggerating/lying/spinning/etc to sell other stories and slander political opponents". 

Andthen's original post was that there was "Zero evidence" of Trump commiting any crime.  I am merely linking stuff that is literally exhibit "A" in current legal proceedings.

As for media overblowing things.  I actually think Andthen and perhaps you have been the victims of media downplaying it.  Take Jan. 6 for instance.  It has been downplayed as a peaceful tour that just crossed ropes.   I've been paying attention to just the court cases for the guys from Iowa and the evidence, the convictions, and their sentences don't match anything that branch of media has been saying.

And stuff like Hillary, the Nunes Report, The Durham  Investigation, Biden's Laptop, etc.  have all been screamed at the top their lungs among that certain subset of media yet nothing ever happens legally because of it.  

• Like 4

On 12/3/2022 at 12:49 PM, DieChecker said:

I know the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign got hit when Most of HRC's Sec_of_State emails showed up on Representative (Pervert) Wiener's laptop.

Fact is overly (self) important people do backup their emails locally. Lots of politicians, including the Clintons, and likely the Bidens, do this.

https://www.techhit.com/messagesave/help/saving-outlook-email-messages.html

It's so easy, even a Biden could do it themself.

The FBI described Weiner's email client was setup for POP access, didn't they?

Hunter Biden attempted to have three laptops repaired.  The suggestion from Mac Isaac's story is that Hunter Biden was using multiple devices.

We don’t really know if your example is an appropriate analogy, or just whattaboutism. Mac Isaac hasn't, and isn't, is providing the same detail about the provenance of evidence as a Federal LEO did.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The FBI described Weiner's email client was setup for POP access, didn't they?

Hunter Biden attempted to have three laptops repaired.  The suggestion from Mac Isaac's story is that Hunter Biden was using multiple devices.

We don’t really know if your example is an appropriate analogy, or just whattaboutism. Mac Isaac hasn't, and isn't, is providing the same detail about the provenance of evidence as a Federal LEO did.

What I found amusing is that the repairman can provide you "clean" copies of the hardrive if you want: Hunter Biden laptop repairman peddling 'fresh clean copies of the drive' to 'bent' FBI (msn.com)

I wonder how much he charges for "dirty" copies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2022 at 12:28 PM, and-then said:

THIS^ has been the pattern of those who have pursued the guy for 6 years.  So far... ALL of these "crimes" have been long on media coverage and ZERO on legal proof.  Pursue him for the rest of his life AND yours, if that's what you want to do.  All I say is the law is either the same for ALL OF US... or NONE of us.  I don't care about his reprobate, degenerate son.  IF the indications are proven accurate that he was part of a pay for play, using our government to grift millions for his family then the country has a right to know this.

Biden, IMO, is no more than a meat-puppet that dances to the tune called by a group we will never be able to identify.  He will never be held accountable to justice but he SHOULD at least be impeached and have evidence presented in the Senate for the country to see and judge.  If we don't return this nation to a place where the law is the same for all, we are going down.  ALL OF US.

Youre not okay are you? Yet another biased leaning rant full of weird random capitalized words.

Breathe and try to relax of course if evidence is presented that JB comitted crimes hes not above the law, oddly you howl laws are for everyone after you posted you wouldnt obey laws you didnt agree with, you do know prisons are full of folks with that mind set and of course you ignore the crimes BOM has committed, wheres your evidence of election fraud he brayed about his legal team fueled by your $$$ never provided.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 3:07 PM, Gromdor said:

Well, what you are saying is basically sedition, so they could just throw you all in jail with the Oath Keeper crowd.  

You'd support that, no doubt.  It's time to wake up, man.  One party controls media, entertainment, education... they have become confident and arrogant enough to demand they be obeyed or else.  Do you REALLY think that citizens who are FED UP with the blatant corruption in DC deserve to be imprisoned?  More importantly, do you honestly think that could be accomplished on the scale of MILLIONS of Americans?  The thing about your mindset is that you'd go full hypocrite on this issue because if these things were being done TO YOU, rather than BY YOU, you'd support setting the country's cities on fire as well as marching and destroying property as a protest.  We've already watched what you folks do when they are angry about pretty much ANYTHING.  The arrogance is breathtaking and disgusting at the same time.

• Haha 1

On 12/1/2022 at 3:39 PM, Michelle said:

With their daddy's help which compromises Biden.

THIS^ is the hill these shills are going to die on.  Not that Hunter or Joe will ever be charged or held accountable in any BUT every time these thugs are exposed in the public and that public has a chance to note the double standard, the more people who will eventually be fed up and will start to tell DC to go hell.  That's my take. 

The Left/Globalists are salivating at the idea that conservatives might behave like the Left and become violent.  They'd love that because just like the rowdy protest on 1/6, the machine in NY and DC would fully mobilize to demonize and even round up those who finally got angry and got in the streets.  The thing is, protests that were organized, targeted and totally peaceful civil disobedience would tie their hands to a certain extent.  If the day comes when they push their "white supremacist"  "domestic terrorist" to the point where they feel comfortable doing round ups of their political opponents, it will explode in their faces because they'll be demonstrating just how sleazy-corrupt and tyrannical they're willing to be for power.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Not so.  The paper trail you speak of is a TRADITION that has slowly evolved to help the president avoid mistakes that could harm our security but as a pure question of law, the Chief Executive CANNOT be vetoed or foiled from exercising his power on this issue.  If they decide to indict him over this nonsense, SCOTUS will slap them down.

• Confused 1

On 12/3/2022 at 3:08 PM, Gromdor said:

There is nothing that says a felon can't be president.

I've been saying this for months.  It's those on the Left in DC who need the head's up.  According to clear language in the Constitution, the requirements for that office are native born, at least 35-years-of-age, the person has not been Impeached AND convicted in the Senate, and finally, they cannot have a conviction for treason.  I think THAT is what the media is going to use to try to shut him down.  They're going to sell a version of treason that does not exist.  The Founders were intimately aware of the dangers of tossing that crime around, casually.  Because they knew, they went out of their way to actually define what Treason was and wasn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Andthen's original post was that there was "Zero evidence" of Trump commiting any crime.  I am merely linking stuff that is literally exhibit "A" in current legal proceedings.

Andthen also made sure to clarify that he was talking in context of the previous six years. In response you cited two events that happened in 2021 (the classified documents and January 6), as well as citing things like Trump University which Trump had no actual role in apart from getting paid by a third party for the privilege of using Trump's name on the project. 

I get that he was writing in absolutes ("All of the claims"), but the problem with absolutes is that it only takes one example to make the absolute claim not absolute. That is what I have seen from your post - evidence that andthen's comments weren't absolute. I'm comfortable with that. However, in context of the past six years, it is actually fair to say that the vast majority of media beat ups about Trump have been just that - beat ups! No evidence, and no criminal proceedings resulting from it. 

I'll repeat from my past post for effect - posting a small handful of legitimate* stories does not somehow make up for the thousands of articles that have been written that were not legitimate. 

* And just because I don't like to refer to even these modern events as "legitimate" stories, I will caveat that there is nothing legitimate about the witch hunt about Trump's January 6 actions. Which brings me neatly to: 

4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

As for media overblowing things.  I actually think Andthen and perhaps you have been the victims of media downplaying it.  Take Jan. 6 for instance.  It has been downplayed as a peaceful tour that just crossed ropes. 

I don't know anyone who is framing the January 6 event as a peaceful tour that crossed the ropes. HOWEVER, by the same token it's not fair to frame the story as an insurrection. That would be overplaying it!

Don't forget the mainstream left wing media literally compared January 6 to the terrorist attack on 9/11 (and I think Kamala Harris compared J6 to Pearl Harbour too).  And that is an extreme overreaction to the actual event. The actual event was a nothing moment in history that would not even be a talking point today if the people in power put the appropriate security on the Capitol (like they did in 2017 for Trump's inauguration, when the left wing rioters were met by thousands of police in full riot gear). 

Maybe I am "downplaying" the event. I don't think so, but it's possible. But it is certain that the events have been overstated and exaggerated in the media to be worse than it was! And I know there are many people who have fallen for that media lie. 

1 hour ago, Paranoid Android said:

Andthen also made sure to clarify that he was talking in context of the previous six years. In response you cited two events that happened in 2021 (the classified documents and January 6), as well as citing things like Trump University which Trump had no actual role in apart from getting paid by a third party for the privilege of using Trump's name on the project. 

I get that he was writing in absolutes ("All of the claims"), but the problem with absolutes is that it only takes one example to make the absolute claim not absolute. That is what I have seen from your post - evidence that andthen's comments weren't absolute. I'm comfortable with that. However, in context of the past six years, it is actually fair to say that the vast majority of media beat ups about Trump have been just that - beat ups! No evidence, and no criminal proceedings resulting from it. 

I'll repeat from my past post for effect - posting a small handful of legitimate* stories does not somehow make up for the thousands of articles that have been written that were not legitimate. 

* And just because I don't like to refer to even these modern events as "legitimate" stories, I will caveat that there is nothing legitimate about the witch hunt about Trump's January 6 actions. Which brings me neatly to: 

I don't know anyone who is framing the January 6 event as a peaceful tour that crossed the ropes. HOWEVER, by the same token it's not fair to frame the story as an insurrection. That would be overplaying it!

Don't forget the mainstream left wing media literally compared January 6 to the terrorist attack on 9/11 (and I think Kamala Harris compared J6 to Pearl Harbour too).  And that is an extreme overreaction to the actual event. The actual event was a nothing moment in history that would not even be a talking point today if the people in power put the appropriate security on the Capitol (like they did in 2017 for Trump's inauguration, when the left wing rioters were met by thousands of police in full riot gear). 

Maybe I am "downplaying" the event. I don't think so, but it's possible. But it is certain that the events have been overstated and exaggerated in the media to be worse than it was! And I know there are many people who have fallen for that media lie. 

1h0cn9.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, and-then said:

You'd support that, no doubt.  It's time to wake up, man.  One party controls media, entertainment, education... they have become confident and arrogant enough to demand they be obeyed or else.  Do you REALLY think that citizens who are FED UP with the blatant corruption in DC deserve to be imprisoned?  More importantly, do you honestly think that could be accomplished on the scale of MILLIONS of Americans?  The thing about your mindset is that you'd go full hypocrite on this issue because if these things were being done TO YOU, rather than BY YOU, you'd support setting the country's cities on fire as well as marching and destroying property as a protest.  We've already watched what you folks do when they are angry about pretty much ANYTHING.  The arrogance is breathtaking and disgusting at the same time.

If millions of Americans really want to commit treason or sedition then I have no problem with them going to jail..  Rule of law and all that. 

You know what I have noticed under Biden that is different than from under Trump?  Our cities haven't been on fire lately.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, and-then said:

I've been saying this for months.  It's those on the Left in DC who need the head's up.  According to clear language in the Constitution, the requirements for that office are native born, at least 35-years-of-age, the person has not been Impeached AND convicted in the Senate, and finally, they cannot have a conviction for treason.  I think THAT is what the media is going to use to try to shut him down.  They're going to sell a version of treason that does not exist.  The Founders were intimately aware of the dangers of tossing that crime around, casually.  Because they knew, they went out of their way to actually define what Treason was and wasn't.

He's not going to be president.  His own disgusting personality has already stopped him.  The people have spoken and fired him.  I don't think he is even going to make it past the Republican primary.

He had his opportunity and the only noteworthy thing he managed to do was stack the court system with judges that promptly slapped down his own arguments in his court cases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, and-then said:

Not so.  The paper trail you speak of is a TRADITION that has slowly evolved to help the president avoid mistakes that could harm our security but as a pure question of law, the Chief Executive CANNOT be vetoed or foiled from exercising his power on this issue.  If they decide to indict him over this nonsense, SCOTUS will slap them down.

Common sense says you are wrong.  If a president psychically unclassifies something and then is incapacitated, no one would know that it was unclassified.

Well, I guess common sense and Trump appointed judges: Federal Appeals Court Slam-Dunks on Trump Judge Aileen Cannon Who OK’d Special Master (thedailybeast.com)

Judges Brasher and Grant were Trump appointees while the third judge (Pryor) was a Bush appointee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

1h0cn9.jpg

And what logical fallacy was that?

Or is this another of your childish memes that don't actually further discussion :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paranoid Android said:

Um... 2021 was within the previous six years.  He personally signed the checks in the Trump Foundation and tax fraud cases. He has around 20 legal cases going on right now involving stuff the media "Beat him up on".

As for January 6- we have convictions for sedition for Oath Keeper members who were in direct communication with Roger Stone who was in direct communication with Donald Trump.  We also have evidence (recorded phone call to Georgia for instance, fake electors) that Trump has made active efforts to subvert the election. That is undisputable fact.  It's not media propoganda.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

And what logical fallacy was that?

Or is this another of your childish anti-memes that don't actually further discussion :rolleyes:

Nope. You keep saying the same things over, and over, and just change the wording around. Your posts are overly long winded with little substance.

I use memes because I got tired of trying to argue sense with trumpers. Playing chess with pigeons is boring, and tiresome.:rolleyes:

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, and-then said:

However as much as your type want BOM to be carried on their shoulders back into the whitehouse to use the constitution as toilet paper the America people say no thanks.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Nope. You keep saying the same things over, and over, and just change the wording around. Your posts are overly long winded with little substance.

I use memes because I got tired of trying to argue sense with trumpers. Playing chess with pigeons is boring, and tiresome.:rolleyes:

Funny,  I could have said the same thing about you guys....

7 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

It has been a while now but at least one of the laws potentially breached refers to national security and not classification.

I believe so. I think it was about improper storage of the documents, which is understandable given they were just piled up in boxes and laying around his office.

• Like 2