Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Data from Hunter Biden's laptop is real

MGB

11 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Funny,  I could have said the same thing about you guys....

Have at it. Try to do it without a convoluted wall of text though. 

Funny, I keep asking what was on Hunter's laptop(s) that are going to bring the Biden administration down, yet no one will answer me? Could it be that the repubs here are blindly advocating this without actually knowing what the contents are? Say it ain't so.

7 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Have at it. Try to do it without a convoluted wall of text though. 

I just did! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, and-then said:

Not so.  The paper trail you speak of is a TRADITION that has slowly evolved to help the president avoid mistakes that could harm our security but as a pure question of law, the Chief Executive CANNOT be vetoed or foiled from exercising his power on this issue.  If they decide to indict him over this nonsense, SCOTUS will slap them down.

My understanding, as in many things, is that the Congress created a need for records/documents, and past presidents accepted this modification on thier powers. Otherwise the DOE wouldn't have the only power to declassify nuclear weapon documentation.

Unless Trump has some kind of paper trail he's got no leg to stand on.

If he'd gone on the public record while still president and said that he was personally declassifying documents X,Y, and Z, and he intended to keep them... I'd say, ok he declassified them. But he didn't. He just (seemingly) grabbed a random (?) Assortment of documents and headed out to Florida. 

If it had been me, I'd have had a flunky put them into safe deposit boxes in small banks across Florida. Assuming I had a plan for them to be useful. 

On 12/3/2022 at 12:49 PM, DieChecker said:

I know the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign got hit when Most of HRC's Sec_of_State emails showed up on Representative (Pervert) Wiener's laptop.

Fact is overly (self) important people do backup their emails locally. Lots of politicians, including the Clintons, and likely the Bidens, do this.

https://www.techhit.com/messagesave/help/saving-outlook-email-messages.html

It's so easy, even a Biden could do it themself.

Hillary had a server in her home.

That's a world of difference. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

The FBI described Weiner's email client was setup for POP access, didn't they?

Hunter Biden attempted to have three laptops repaired.  The suggestion from Mac Isaac's story is that Hunter Biden was using multiple devices.

We don’t really know if your example is an appropriate analogy, or just whattaboutism. Mac Isaac hasn't, and isn't, is providing the same detail about the provenance of evidence as a Federal LEO did.

What I read looking into this the other day is the FBI reports said, "Email recovered from an external drive". So not sure if that means the emails were copied/saved onto a external drive by the computer guy, or Giuliani, or someone else, OR if it was Hunters external drive.

I'll go look at the Weiner example again, but I seem to remember the FBI, and media, saying "Emails found in laptop".

17 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I believe so. I think it was about improper storage of the documents, which is understandable given they were just piled up in boxes and laying around his office.

Which makes the claims of declassifying documents meaningless.

I'm not sure how declassifying information - that poses a risk to National Security - is a good defence.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Which makes the claims of declassifying documents meaningless.

I'm not sure how declassifying information - that poses a risk to National Security - is a good defence.

I'm not trying to post a defence, but post what is factual.

Trump had many ways to declassify the documents, but has no proof he did so.

6 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

What I read looking into this the other day is the FBI reports said, "Email recovered from an external drive". So not sure if that means the emails were copied/saved onto a external drive by the computer guy, or Giuliani, or someone else, OR if it was Hunters external drive.

I'll go look at the Weiner example again, but I seem to remember the FBI, and media, saying "Emails found in laptop".

It's here:

https://vault.fbi.gov/fbi-communication-on-discovery-of-hillary-clinton-e-mails-on-anthony-weiners-laptop-computer/fbi-communication-on-discovery-of-hillary-clinton-e-mails-on-anthony-weiners-laptop-computer-part-01-of-01/view

The mail client is described as pulling emails from servers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I'm not trying to post a defence, but post what is factual.

Trump had many ways to declassify the documents, but has no proof he did so.

I'm saying declassifying information that is a risk, to national security, doesn't abrogate the risk.

The defence of declassification is irrelevant. 

• Like 2

Hunter Biden Laptop Wiki entry.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Biden_laptop_controversy

The laptop lacked a clear chain of custody, and was considered "a mess" from a forensic standpoint by analysts.[6] The drive contained emails marked to and from Hunter Biden[2] and other digital files relating to him.

Which seems to say the emails were located on the drive, not the internet.

Going to the reference (2).

https://www.voanews.com/a/2020-usa-votes_trump-campaign-focuses-hunter-biden-emails-october-surprise/6197711.html

Also... If the emails were from a internet email server, it would be crazy easy to say they were authentic, rather then Russian disinformation. That they were on the hard drive would be the only excuse to claim they were planted by Russians.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/03/30/hunter-biden-laptop-data-examined/

Most of the data obtained by The Post lacks cryptographic features that would help experts make a reliable determination of authenticity, especially in a case where the original computer and its hard drive are not available for forensic examination. Other factors, such as emails that were only partially downloaded, also stymied the security experts’ efforts to verify content.

Partially downloaded also speaks to the documents having been kept as files on the laptop, rather then online.

9 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

There we go. They were on the laptop. :tu:

Hunter might easily have done the same.

Edited by DieChecker

5 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I'm saying declassifying information that is a risk, to national security, doesn't abrogate the risk.

The defence of declassification is irrelevant. 

I'd not say irrelevant, because I believe there's a charge for both issues. I believe he's got no defense for either, but that doesn't mean he didn't have the power he said he had.

17 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Hunter Biden Laptop Wiki entry.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Biden_laptop_controversy

Which seems to say the emails were located on the drive, not the internet.

Going to the reference (2).

https://www.voanews.com/a/2020-usa-votes_trump-campaign-focuses-hunter-biden-emails-october-surprise/6197711.html

Also... If the emails were from a internet email server, it would be crazy easy to say they were authentic, rather then Russian disinformation. That they were on the hard drive would be the only excuse to claim they were planted by Russians.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/03/30/hunter-biden-laptop-data-examined/

Partially downloaded also speaks to the documents having been kept as files on the laptop, rather then online.

If emails are partially downloaded that more indicates an information dump rather than regular use. Servers release information as it received, it isn't stockpiled and dumped all at once. You can indeed save an email to your hard drive but you have to receive it first. And saving emails tends to fill hard drives real quick.

And there's still a server involved. Laptop email client's have to connect to an email server. It has to resolve the address. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

There we go. They were on the laptop. :tu:

Hunter might easily have done the same.

There we go indeed FBI describe the provenance.  Mac Isaac doesn't. 

Like I said, it sounds like a description for POP  doesn't it?

If you access email from multiple POP is not recommended so much

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Hillary had a server in her home.

That's a world of difference. 

It's easily possible now to set up a laptop as a server. It's not a difference, it sounds like an excuse. 

Just now, Golden Duck said:

There we go indeed FBI describe the provenance.  Mac Isaac doesn't. 

Like I said, it sounds like a description for POP  doesn't it?

If you access email from multiple POP is not recommended so much

I'd tend to agree. Like the better articles will say, the whole thing is a mess.

Partially because the FBI didn't act immediately, so Mac took to calling up politicians.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

If emails are partially downloaded that more indicates an information dump rather than regular use. Servers release information as it received, it isn't stockpiled and dumped all at once. You can indeed save an email to your hard drive but you have to receive it first. And saving emails tends to fill hard drives real quick.

And there's still a server involved. Laptop email client's have to connect to an email server. It has to resolve the address. 

I believe tens of thousands of the emails were confirmed directly using how you say. They contacted the service providers and confirmed them as authentic. 

I've done email backup dumps before and it goes into a huge bulk file. Not individual saved emails like is suggested in this case.

There was about 130,000 emails. To save those individually one after the other would be time intensive. The more likely option is Hunter set them up to be saved as he opened them. With some not saving completely due to "reasons". The articles say there was 200+ gigabytes of files. So that would square up with so many emails.

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

I believe tens of thousands of the emails were confirmed directly using how you say. They contacted the service providers and confirmed them as authentic. 

I've done email backup dumps before and it goes into a huge bulk file. Not individual saved emails like is suggested in this case.

There was about 130,000 emails. To save those individually one after the other would be time intensive. The more likely option is Hunter set them up to be saved as he opened them. With some not saving completely due to "reasons". The articles say there was 200+ gigabytes of files. So that would square up with so many emails.

If you backup you will get a compressed file containing everything. Archiving will do the same thing.

If you drop and drag it will save individually. If hunter spent four seconds dropping and dragging emails it would take a month thereabouts. 

I seriously doubt that many emails would fit on a standard laptop. 

There's a lot of strange claims coming out of this. I see why GD is rather suspicious of them. 

Do you have any links that discuss the email servers questioned? It would be interesting to see what mail system they say Hunter used. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Um... 2021 was within the previous six years. 

One year of the previous 6, yes.  Two individual stories within that year,  yes.  Meanwhile  CNN admitted on video that their stories about Trump were propaganda! 

There were mainstream stories in 2017 that Trump was going to have to resign from the presidency because of everything happening to him. Slice it as you like, the fact he never got close to resigning is proof of the media beat up!

He personally signed the checks in the Trump Foundation and tax fraud cases. He has around 20 legal cases going on right now involving stuff the media "Beat him up on".

Once again you're ignoring the thousands of stories written that went nowhere and did nothing except needlessly add to the Orange Man Bad sham narrative!

As for January 6- we have convictions for sedition for Oath Keeper members who were in direct communication with Roger Stone who was in direct communication with Donald Trump.  We also have evidence (recorded phone call to Georgia for instance, fake electors) that Trump has made active efforts to subvert the election. That is undisputable fact.  It's not media propoganda.

Guilt by association,  I see!

• Like 1

The Justice Department is so corrupt, FBI/CIA, blatantly pro-democratic party. Disgusting
--------------------------

Ex-Intelligence Officials Who Said Hunter Biden Laptop Story Was a Russian Operation Silent After Twitter Files Released

Former top intelligence officials who signed an open letter suggesting the Hunter Biden laptop story was part of a Russian operation just weeks before the 2020 election were silent after internal Twitter emails acknowledged there was no evidence the story involved material that was illicitly obtained.

According to the New York Post — the outlet that broke the story in October 2020 — as reported on Saturday:

Leon Panetta, a former CIA director and defense secretary, John Brennan a former CIA director, Mike Hayden, a former CIA director, and Jim Clapper, a former director of national intelligence — who all once said The Post’s reporting had ‘all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation,’ — declined or did not respond to request for comment about whether the latest disclosures had changed their opinion.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Link 

And the repubs can do nothing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

One year of the previous 6, yes.  Two individual stories within that year,  yes.  Meanwhile  CNN admitted on video that their stories about Trump were propaganda! 

There were mainstream stories in 2017 that Trump was going to have to resign from the presidency because of everything happening to him. Slice it as you like, the fact he never got close to resigning is proof of the media beat up!

Once again you're ignoring the thousands of stories written that went nowhere and did nothing except needlessly add to the Orange Man Bad sham narrative!

Guilt by association,  I see!

Seems to me you are in denial of all the true stories because of percieved false stories.

If I tell you that one of your family members is in court because of drugs and you tell me that's false because someone else lied to you about it before quite frequently.  I would think it was a "You" problem, your thoughts on the matter are irrelevant, and that it didn't change the real-world fact that person X was still in court/jail.  

That is literally the feeling I have towards Trump supporters who are currently in denial about Jan.6, his election losses, and his court trials right now.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1