Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to experience God (mysticism)

Duke Wellington

This is what Abrahamic mysticism instructs people to do in order to experience God.

Initially I must point out that God`s communication is both subtle, and through other people. Let us say you are obese. If I spend an hour talking to you and drop in 200 words like fat, large, massive, huge, wide, into my chat, you would know I was subtly abusing you. People watching may not realise what I`m doing, but you would. This is what we mean by subtle communication through other people. When you do what I am about to take you through listen to what other people say, and it will be undeniable to you.

Abrahamic mysticism has it that God created the world for us to enjoy, but there are two problems:

1. We deny ourselves pleasures.

2. We do not show love to God for the pleasures, we enjoy them strictly for ourselves.

So, Abrahamic mysticism is quite simple. Enjoy as much pleasure as humanly possible that you encounter and do so to intentionally show love back to God for providing it. This is quite literally all you need to keep doing, but God is particularly interested in unusual, unique, or rare pleasures. Do these and you get the strongest effects. God will talk to you through other people. 

To enhance the effects even further do things for other people so they can enjoy pleasure too.

Warning: Once you start, God won`t let you stop. You`ll see what I mean.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Enjoy as much pleasure as humanly possible that you encounter and do so to intentionally show love back to God for providing it.

Pass the cookies Cookie Monster!

• Haha 1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Pass the cookies Cookie Monster!

LMAO

You don`t want to eat them, although you could start there if stuck for ideas.

It would be far better to find an unusual pleasure, something you would really enjoy, with the cookie.

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Got it, thread over. Move along folks, move along. There's nothing more here, just one big nothing. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

This sounds suspiciously like a form of Satanic hedonism, Cookie Monster.

More like spiritual narcissim too me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Warning: Once you start, God won`t let you stop. You`ll see what I mean.

Yeah, I learnt that at 12 but they said I'd go to hell and it was my doing.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

More like spiritual narcissim too me.

poe-tay-toe poe-tart-oh.

5 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

poe-tay-toe poe-tart-oh.

Going by some of his other threads and post, it only points to selfish indulgence. God is just the excuse.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Going by some of his other threads and post, it only points to selfish indulgence. God is just the excuse.

Oh, he's one of them...  Sad.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Oh, he's one of them...  Sad.

There tends to be a theme among his threads, especially ones like this. It is about power and control. Mostly. With threads like this being about entitlement (basically do what he wants regardless of the consequences). Along with thinking the universe revolves around him.  He can also supposedly influence reality.  Also goes back to the pleasure at all cost.

A lot of it comes to 'seek and you shall find' or the 'universe as a vending machine'. This thread pretty much sealed the deal on my opinion of the op. It's also why I started to despise the idea of hedonism. Because it was those self-indulgent narcissist types that ruin damn near everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Because it was those self-indulgent narcissist types that ruin damn near everything.

Narcissism is the most sickening personality disorder imo.  Worse still, the narcissists know they're lying to themselves and everyone else, and most of the time nobody else is fooled.  It's so infantile and contemptible.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2022 at 10:11 PM, openozy said:

Yeah, I learnt that at 12 but they said I'd go to hell and it was my doing.

Funny now but at 12 saying relieving yourself is evil when it's perfectly normal and healthy is mental child abuse. Another reason religions are destructive to our psyche. Pack of w--kers :lol::lol::lol:.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 1:36 AM, Alchopwn said:

Worse still, the narcissists know they're lying to themselves and everyone else,

well no they don't!! that's the point= to them they know they are right-- what are you on about!?!? weird :wacko:

5 hours ago, Dejarma said:

well no they don't!! that's the point= to them they know they are right-- what are you on about!?!? weird :wacko:

Nah, they do.  They pretend they aren't lying but they always know they are.

• Thanks 1