Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Christian petition against Donald Trump's 2024 bid has amassed thousands of signatures

Grim Reaper 6

A Christian organization which launched a petition protesting Donald Trump's 2024 presidential run has amassed thousands of signatures so far.  The petition was launched on November 16 by Faithful America. The group saysit is an online Christian community founded in 2004 that is "organizing the faithful to challenge Christian nationalism and white supremacy."  Even Trump's one-time spiritual adviser James Robison last week called Trump an "elementary schoolchild" during a meeting of the National Association of Christian Lawmakers (NACL) on Wednesday, per The Washington Post.

At press time, 14,904 people had signed the petition — just shy of the organization's goal of 15,000 signatures. Nathan Empsall, a reverend and the executive director of Faithful America told Newsweek on Monday that Trump had "weaponized religion" in his last two campaigns for president in 2016 and 2020. Nathan Empsall, a reverend and the executive director of Faithful America told Newsweek on Monday that Trump had "weaponized religion" in his last two campaigns for president in 2016 and 2020.  We've got to quit amputating each other, slicing each other, and come together in supernatural unity that Jesus Christ prayed for," Robison said. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/a-christian-petition-against-donald-trump-s-2024-bid-has-amassed-thousands-of-signatures/ar-AA14oqsR?ocid=EMMX&cvid=8cec18c796fb46c3b1bbb2466cd22852

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I signed it.  I may be an atheist but if Jesus can stop Trump, I can get behind that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

I signed it.  I may be an atheist but if Jesus can stop Trump, I can get behind that.

I am certainly not a Christian either, however I do have spiritual beliefs though ( Buddhist ). What I am finding interestingly is how in many different ways Trump has been associated with the New Testament. Amazing as this sounds some of Trumps base have associated him with the second coming. Others  have associated him with a prophet of the Lord, in addition there is another group that I can relate too which identifies him also as a prophet, a false prophet. In 2016, he was able through Mike Pence to gain the Majority of all the Christian vote and now according to the OP Christians from across the spectrum are walking from in droves. In my opinion this is very positive especially if they offering their support too either DeSantis or Pence,.:yes:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I am certainly not a Christian either, however I do have spiritual beliefs though ( Buddhist ). What I am finding interestingly is how in many different ways Trump has been associated with the New Testament. Amazing as this sounds some of Trumps base have associated him with the second coming. Others  have associated him with a prophet of the Lord, in addition there is another group that I can relate too which identifies him also as a prophet, a false prophet. In 2016, he was able through Mike Pence to gain the Majority of all the Christian vote and now according to the OP Christians from across the spectrum are walking from in droves. In my opinion this is very positive especially if they offering their support too either DeSantis or Pence,.:yes:

I hope Romney runs again.  I hope GOP members wake up to the fact that they need these extremists like a hole in the head and nominate Romney to stand for POTUS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

I hope Romney runs again.  I hope GOP members wake up to the fact that they need these extremists like a hole in the head and nominate Romney to stand for POTUS.

I agree and it appears that the majority of the GOP released that. I don’t think that they want see or even think about Trumps re-elections, if somehow it did occur it would be the end of the Republican Party.

4 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Same.  Just signed it.   At 16,209 signatures now. 

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Since the whole thing with Trump's huge Evangelical following started I always found it the biggest irony that they don't appear to realize that there's endless red flags that could very easily identify Trump as the False Prophet/Anti Christ who will appear during the end times and deceive multitudes of his eager followers that the NT tries to warn its readers about.
I mean I don't believe in that stuff. But I find it really weird that they don't seem to realize or even consider it.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Since the whole thing with Trump's huge Evangelical following started I always found it the biggest irony that they don't appear to realize that there's endless red flags that could very easily identify Trump as the False Prophet/Anti Christ who will appear during the end times and deceive multitudes of his eager followers that the NT tries to warn its readers about.
I mean I don't believe in that stuff. But I find it really weird that they don't seem to realize or even consider it.

Dude, here's a guy who literally ticks every single box for Christian's so called antichrist lol Although I've never really known Christians to actually know what's in the Bible, Trump waved one around and next thing you know, he's the second coming. You and I sit here and wonder how the hell anyone could be fooled by any of this, but it completely hypnotizes some. You're in Germany, right? You wouldn't believe how many people here in the United States hang on to his every word in a scarily sycophantic way. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

You want to trade one extremist for another?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

Franklin Graham is supporting him but getting ripped for it and I think he has gone off his nut, the things he is saying are crazy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

A Mormon weirdo at that. 

He would be as likely as Pence to convince congress and the senate to make laws to keep women at home and barefoot.   But that is my fear spouting, not my rational thinking.  I actually think Pence would be better than DeSantis in spite of his religion and insistence that we use it as a guide to governance.   DeSantis seems somewhat unstable to me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

He would be as likely as Pence to convince congress and the senate to make laws to keep women at home and barefoot.   But that is my fear spouting, not my rational thinking.  I actually think Pence would be better than DeSantis in spite of his religion and insistence that we use it as a guide to governance.   DeSantis seems somewhat unstable to me.

I think Pence could keep it mostly tame; having knows Mormons, they're a whole different ballgame. Pence seems stable. 

Don't know what to think about DeSantis, someone who did what he did to those immigrants PURELY in an 'own the libs' moment seems pretty damn unstable to me. Florida worships him, but if you've ever been to Florida or known people from there, you'd know that doesn't really mean much. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

I think Pence could keep it mostly tame; having knows Mormons, they're a whole different ballgame. Pence seems stable. 

Don't know what to think about DeSantis, someone who did what he did to those immigrants PURELY in an 'own the libs' moment seems pretty damn unstable to me. Florida worships him, but if you've ever been to Florida or known people from there, you'd know that doesn't really mean much. 

I have known a lot of mormons and am related to some and they are very nice people.  Romney did not strike me as that, but the fact that he is a politician is why, I think to get as far as he has politically he has had to change some of his mormon ways or maybe the rich mormons are different from the middle class and poor mormons (which is true for almost all religions).

I have been to Florida and known people from there.   It is why there are always headlines that start "Florida Man...."   

Edited by Desertrat56

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

It’s because the idea is ridiculous 

If we end up going back to establishment RINO’s I’m done with the GOP. I can’t see that happening though. 

You guys do get that the new “radical” GOP isn’t anywhere near as dangerous as those who support never ending constant war right? What’s so horrible about wanting to fix things here at home economically? 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

You guys do get that the new “radical” GOP is anywhere near as dangerous as those who support never ending constant war right?

I agree there is no difference, and those "radical" GOP do support never ending constant war, they just want it here at home instead of overseas.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Dude, here's a guy who literally ticks every single box for Christian's so called antichrist lol Although I've never really known Christians to actually know what's in the Bible, Trump waved one around and next thing you know, he's the second coming. You and I sit here and wonder how the hell anyone could be fooled by any of this, but it completely hypnotizes some. You're in Germany, right? You wouldn't believe how many people here in the United States hang on to his every word in a scarily sycophantic way. 

Yeah I'm in Germany, but I have friends in the US and I'm subscribed to this one American Ex-JW Youtuber who talks about cult and cult behaviour and he shows and comments on so many nutty preachers in the US that stand behind Trump. One of them calls him a "Super Hero" and claims that god told her that he hand-picked Trump to be the president. And she's completely serious about it.

18 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

It’s because the idea is ridiculous 

Of course, taking Revelation for an actual prophecy is an inherently ridiculous idea (as is really any form of religious eschatology). But those are people believe that the End Times are going to start any day now and they should recognize that Trump ticks many of the boxes that the NT uses to identify the Anti-Christ(s)

• Like 8

Just now, Orphalesion said:

Of course, taking Revelation for an actual prophecy is an inherently ridiculous idea (as is really any form of religious eschatology). But those are people believe that the End Times are going to start any day now and they should recognize that Trump ticks many of the boxes that the NT uses to identify the Anti-Christ(s)

No he doesn’t. I’ve studied end times for 30 years. I don’t see any parallels. 

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I agree there is no difference, and those "radical" GOP do support never ending constant war, they just want it here at home instead of overseas.

Well if the establishment hadn’t screwed this country up so badly maybe it wouldn’t look like that. The only war being fought here is one of disinformation, in hopes that the establishment can hold power. Romney? Like really?

18 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

No he doesn’t. I’ve studied end times for 30 years. I don’t see any parallels. 

There aren't any parallels because it is not a prophecy, it is a comment on an empire that has already fallen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

President Trump admitted to initially downplaying the pandemic, which killed over a million Americans. He should’n be re-elected for this reason, alone.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

President Trump admitted to initially downplaying the pandemic, which killed over a million Americans. He should’n be re-elected for this reason, alone.

Biden has overseen 400,000 COVID deaths. By his own logic, he should resign.

At the Oct. 22, 2020, debate against then-President Donald Trump, Joe Biden said anyone who is responsible for 220,000 deaths from COVID should not be president.

Now, here it is December 2021 and these 220,000 deaths have increased to 813,000.

By my calculations, Joe Biden is now responsible for 417,000 deaths — more than the 396,000 who died while Trump was president. By his own thought process, Biden should have resigned several months ago, especially since he told us he was going to fix this.

cont...

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-overseen-400-000-covid-130158302.html

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Biden has overseen 400,000 COVID deaths. By his own logic, he should resign.

At the Oct. 22, 2020, debate against then-President Donald Trump, Joe Biden said anyone who is responsible for 220,000 deaths from COVID should not be president.

The problem with your logic, is, that it makes zero sense.

Trump intentionally lied to all of U.S. He admitted to it, in his interviews with Bob Woodward.

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

The problem with your logic, is, that it makes zero sense.

Trump intentionally lied to all of U.S. He admitted to it, in his interviews with Bob Woodward.

He downplayed it so as not to cause panic just like Pelosi did. She went to a parade or something in China Town to prove it was safe. Not to mention, many Democrats said they wouldn't get the shot if Trump recommended it.

Edited by Michelle