Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canada wants to bring in 1.5m immigrants by 2025

Eldorado

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

You're racist post has been duly noted.

Meh i edited to not call out nations as there must be a lot more than just two. And at least those are hard working bunch unlike others. 

5 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

Meh i edited to not call out nations as there must be a lot more than just two. And at least those are hard working bunch unlike others. 

You're xenophobic post has been duly noted.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

Why don't you tell us the nations that aren't hard working?  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I'm sorry you feel that way. You linked to a opinion piece. Opinions are are like butts, everyone has one.

She posts some random link that is over a year old, and you're the one being obtuse.  Michelle is a special woman who tries to play both sides of the fence...not realizing she comes off as completely crazed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Years ago we were warned of all the Syrian refugees we admitted which would lead to acts of terrorism and... nothing.

Your racist post has been duly noted

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I'm sorry you feel that way. You linked to a opinion piece. Opinions are are like butts, everyone has one.

My husband watches the news on TV for around thirty minutes before work flipping from channel to channel. About 3/4 of it is opinion. That is all news is these days. I have to go into another room.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

She posts some random link that is over a year old, and you're the one being obtuse.  Michelle is a special woman who tries to play both sides of the fence...not realizing she comes off as completely crazed.  

Troll...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Myles said:

Let's build a massive crosswalk from Nuevo Laredo to one of the many small cities near Winnipeg.  This could be a win/win/win for North America.  Mexico and the USA wouldn't have to deal with them and Canada would get them.  

Long journey of course.  

Hi Myles

While we are at it we can instigate that no one from the US with a gun license across the border. We are talking about legal immigrants that have been checked and cleared for entry and if our governments are both involved they with be independent processes 

We aren’t going to assume responsibility for your problems for you, you guys are big boys now so you can take care of most of your own problems yourself we aren’t your nanny.

An offer to work together is fine but don’t think for a minute you can push it beyond that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Michelle said:

My husband watches the news on TV for around thirty minutes before work flipping from channel to channel. About 3/4 of it is opinion. That is all news is these days. I have to go into another room.

The onus is on the watcher, or reader to sift out opinion pieces. Independent media is your best source. They aren't forced to publish slanted news like the big leaguers frequently do. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

This is why Canadian members don't post Canadian issues in these forums.

Wait! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?   Canadians have issues?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Myles

While we are at it we can instigate that no one from the US with a gun license across the border. We are talking about legal immigrants that have been checked and cleared for entry and if our governments are both involved they with be independent processes 

We aren’t going to assume responsibility for your problems for you, you guys are big boys now so you can take care of most of your own problems yourself we aren’t your nanny.

An offer to work together is fine but don’t think for a minute you can push it beyond that.

Just saying that we have lots of them and you want lots of them.   Seems like a deal could be made.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

Just saying that we have lots of them and you want lots of them.   Seems like a deal could be made.  

Hi Myles

Absolutely our countries can and should work together. Your post I quoted though was you saying let’s make it so any Illegals should be able to sashay on a pedestal to Canada to take care of your border problem which I found offensive as you make it sound like we are not equal working partners and some lessor that you can kick in the teeth and treat as subservient to your demands. If you would have worded your comment more aptly I would have said nothing.

Canadians are noted as polite and friendly but do not assume we are a bunch of pushovers that will kiss anyone’s ass

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2022 at 3:23 PM, Michelle said:

Biden could just send them a few more miles.

Biden Administration Quietly Flies Illegal Immigrants to New York in Middle of Night: Report

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-administration-quietly-flies-illegal-140450591.html

What is so quiet?  It's well publicised.

https://www.acf.hhs.gov/orr/policy-guidance/us-refugee-resettlement-program-overview

• Like 2

17 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

Only reason Truck Frudeau wants to accelerate the immigration is to gain voters to his continuity as Prime Minister

Hi Qx

You are lost in a brain dead maze of selfishness. We are a growing country that has more resources that are a benefit to everyone and need to increase our population based for several related reasons like product cost reduction, purchase power, resource development and both raw and finished product for export.

Might want to brush up on international public relation skills as I find your limited view disconcerting and offensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

Bigot

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Bigot

@qxcontinuum is talking **** while his rectum is on holiday. 

It takes less than a minute to find information for the refugee pathway to permanent residency and the subsequent requirements for the pathway to citizenship.

Qx is complaining that people that a likely more well informed than him may get to vote half-a-decade, or more, from now.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I thought less people was a good thing. The whole carbon footprint thing? 

Hi Preacher

Do you understand that people will be relocating so global population really doesn’t change by bringing more people to Canada. Not sure if you realize what a large landmass my country is with 10% of you population base. We increase our consumer base and reduce product cost because of volume import/export which will allow us to live cheaper up here as well as have manpower to build infrastructure, expand production and have a better tax base for our country to support itself and services to citizens.

It’s not like we are going to build baby farms or cloning centres to increase global population.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Elon thinks there need to be more people to keep the economy going.

11 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Preacher

Do you understand that people will be relocating so global population really doesn’t change by bringing more people to Canada. Not sure if you realize what a large landmass my country is with 10% of you population base. We increase our consumer base and reduce product cost because of volume import/export which will allow us to live cheaper up here as well as have manpower to build infrastructure, expand production and have a better tax base for our country to support itself and services to citizens.

It’s not like we are going to build baby farms or cloning centres to increase global population.

Canada really does not need the US to help them finding immigrants to help them fill their quotas.  They can select from all over the world.

The US has to deal with their own problems, that would mean facing our own realities.  How many low skill people does the US need to cut their bacon, skin their chicken, pick their vegetables, frame their houses and do that all for starvation wages?  How many hungry people do we need to make our middle class feel like they are not near the edge of poverty too?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Canada really does not need the US to help them finding immigrants to help them fill their quotas.  They can select from all over the world.

The US has to deal with their own problems, that would mean facing our own realities.  How many low skill people does the US need to cut their bacon, skin their chicken, pick their vegetables, frame their houses and do that all for starvation wages?  How many hungry people do we need to make our middle class feel like they are not near the edge of poverty too?  

Hi Tate

Absolutely and the last 20 years has shown that Canada is a place that people want to immigrate to as we have a reasonably stable system here.

I am okay with my country and your working together with some of the influx of people trying to immigrate to your country as a part of our immigrant selection process but would not consider it exclusive and risk shutting out other people that chose to come here over your or any other country.

I just found Qx and Preacher’s comments odd as our immigration intake has no effect on your country and had to wonder what reasoning they were using in their comments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jmccr8 said:

I am okay with my country and your working together with some of the influx of people trying to immigrate to your country as a part of our immigrant selection process but would not consider it exclusive and risk shutting out other people that chose to come here over your or any other country.

If I were you, I would not be so trusting.  We would not send you our best, we would select out the criminals for export. Abbot already displayed the desire to send felons to northern liberal cities just to teach them a lesson. Exporting rapists is seemingly the only way Abbot plans to bring rape statistics down in Texas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

If I were you, I would not be so trusting.  We would not send you our best, we would select out the criminals for export. Abbot already displayed the desire to send felons to northern liberal cities just to teach them a lesson. Exporting rapists is seemingly the only way Abbot plans to bring rape statistics down in Texas.

Hi Tate

Rest assured I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t earn it, that said ant agreement between our countries over immigration will have applicants screen to our country’s standards after your country has screened them. Some criminals will always get in from any country no matter what. Years ago one fellow that came here admitted to me that his country wiped out his criminal record and made him look good to get into this country and was told that if he got deported or returned for any reason he would be put in prison or have an unfortunate accident.

He screwed up and got deported and never heard about him again. I do know that in his country whether they had criminal records or not that if a person got deported back to their country they were looked down upon and treated poorly on a social level for messing up an opportunity that many of them dreamed to have a chance in living here.

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Elon thinks there need to be more people to keep the economy going.

Yeah I hear that a lot. Thing is some of the people saying that say the population is way to big and can’t be sustained. So they are going to move people who typically have a lot of children to a place where they can have even more children. It’s just confusing. I mean do we need to reduce the population, or massively expand it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Those people will exist anyway. Climate change doesn't recognize borders.

• Like 1