Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canada wants to bring in 1.5m immigrants by 2025

Eldorado

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Preacher

Do you understand that people will be relocating so global population really doesn’t change by bringing more people to Canada. Not sure if you realize what a large landmass my country is with 10% of you population base. We increase our consumer base and reduce product cost because of volume import/export which will allow us to live cheaper up here as well as have manpower to build infrastructure, expand production and have a better tax base for our country to support itself and services to citizens.

It’s not like we are going to build baby farms or cloning centres to increase global population.

Hey jm, happy Thanksgiving. 

Oh certainly. Canada can definitely absorb that amount of people. I was speaking more in general. We see a mass exodus of people in South America and the Middle East to Europe. 

Many in the America and Europe have been reducing the amount of children we’ve had for the last few decades. Supposedly that was the right thing to do. 

So then they flood us with people who couldn’t care less about having a lot of children, and put them in a much better position to do it. Seems to me the climate alarmists are blowing smoke. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Those people will exist anyway. Climate change doesn't recognize borders.

Yeah but obviously it’s much easier to have even more kids when the US tax payers are supporting you. 

7 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yeah but obviously it’s much easier to have even more kids when the US Canadian tax payers are supporting you. 

Fixed that for you.

These are legal immigrants who follow a point system to get here. They mostly support themselves or are supported by their families who are already here.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Fixed that for you.

These are legal immigrants who follow a point system to get here. They mostly support themselves or are supported by their families who are already here.

Well like I said to jm, I was speaking in general. 

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Well like I said to jm, I was speaking in general. 

No response to what I said after FTFY?

4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Qx

You are lost in a brain dead maze of selfishness. We are a growing country that has more resources that are a benefit to everyone and need to increase our population based for several related reasons like product cost reduction, purchase power, resource development and both raw and finished product for export.

Might want to brush up on international public relation skills as I find your limited view disconcerting and offensive.

Well I might not be so sweet on words like yourself and I don't have skills in public relations and all that fancy stuff but God has gave me something else instead; eyes and independent logic, ability to look beyond decisions. It also happens that I travel frequently and get to work and interact with people from different ethnicities and backgrounds. Many having a tendency to be upfront and honest with me about their struggles and communities they're part of. And what i hear sometimes it does raise concerns. 24 years ago I came to Canada as immigrant from a poor country which gave me a very high education and profession by Canadian standards but low income and opportunities. I discovered a country with strong identity, sense of communion , clean and wealthy. In time however things have changed; instead of seeing educated people like myself, working hard to continue building this nation, I have seen a lot of fake refugees and questionable characters, many members of european and S American organized crime joining the ranks of Canadians. Ultimately poor people with poor education and low standards of living, joyful for making a cut but growing in frustration seeing the wealth amassed by others 

I am affraid these standards and disruptive elements have made the Canadian society to decay, the crime and theft rate in Toronto had raised to levels comparable to third world countries, the social standards are now very low , there's garbage everywhere, a lot of system cheaters knowing how to generate cash and scam people while others like me are working hard and pay too much tax for these scumbags 

Edited by qxcontinuum

Oh and while I was writing the above I just got 2 calls from some fellow Canadian citizens:  One pretending to be cra and another 1 pretending to be from fedex. Profitabile business I guess.  

2 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

Well I might not be so sweet on words like yourself and I don't have skills in public relations and all that fancy stuff but God has gave me something else instead; eyes and independent logic, ability to look beyond decisions. It also happens that I travel frequently and get to work and interact with people from different ethnicities and backgrounds. Many having a tendency to be upfront and honest with me about their struggles and communities they're part of. And what i hear sometimes it does raise concerns. 24 years ago I came to Canada as immigrant from a poor country which gave me a very high esucation by Canadian standards but low income and opportunities. I discovered a country with strong identity, sense of communion , clean and wealthy. In time however things have changed , instead of seeing educated people like myself , working hard to continue building this nation, I have seen a lot of fake refugees and questionable people, members of european organized crime criminals joining the ranks of Canadians and ultimately poor people brought up from everywhere with poor education and low standards of living.

I am affraid these standards and disruptive elements have made the Canadian society to decay, the crime rate in Toronto had raised to levels comparable to third world countries, the social standards are low , there's garbage everywhere,  a lot of system cheaters and I am afraid I am paying too much tax for these people.

In other words, " screw you, I got mine" 

The "decay" you're bloviating about is the Conservative right wing that infests the prairie provinces compliments of U.S Republican politics migrating North.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

In other words, " screw you, I got mine" 

The "decay" you're bloviating about is the Conservative right wing that infests the prairie provinces compliments of U.S Republican politics migrating North.

I wouldn't say that because I am not someone into politics. In fact I know  much little than the rest of you. All I say is based on personal observations and the fact I'm growing old and have seen and know a lot of s*** 

So if I truly want to condense everything I'm saying in just a few sentences I would say that our Premier doesn't give a d*** about who is bringing to Canada not their values and there is no strategy for economical growth. Canada is loosing major contracts world wide.  All he needs is voters to give him more power to dictate his will.  He has even reduced the penalties for crimes go figure. He managed to devalue Canadians standards and make this nation now a laughing stock for China and USA 

Edited by qxcontinuum

29 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

Well I might not be so sweet on words like yourself and I don't have skills in public relations and all that fancy stuff but God has gave me something else instead; eyes and independent logic, ability to look beyond decisions. It also happens that I travel frequently and get to work and interact with people from different ethnicities and backgrounds. Many having a tendency to be upfront and honest with me about their struggles and communities they're part of. And what i hear sometimes it does raise concerns. 24 years ago I came to Canada as immigrant from a poor country which gave me a very high education and profession by Canadian standards but low income and opportunities. I discovered a country with strong identity, sense of communion , clean and wealthy. In time however things have changed; instead of seeing educated people like myself, working hard to continue building this nation, I have seen a lot of fake refugees and questionable characters, many members of european and S American organized crime joining the ranks of Canadians. Ultimately poor people with poor education and low standards of living, joyful for making a cut but growing in frustration seeing the wealth amassed by others 

I am affraid these standards and disruptive elements have made the Canadian society to decay, the crime and theft rate in Toronto had raised to levels comparable to third world countries, the social standards are now very low , there's garbage everywhere, a lot of system cheaters knowing how to generate cash and scam people while others like me are working hard and pay too much tax for these scumbags 

Hi Qx

I grew up in the highest crime rate city in this country from birth to 50 so to be honest I haven’t seen more crime per capita and now live in a city with 5 times the population, actually on a personal level see less crime then I saw back home.

You implied most countries are criminal and lazy in earlier posts rather that those countries are not so unlike as our own and it is just a segment of population that is problematic and not everyone.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Qx

I grew up in the highest crime rate city in this country from birth to 50 so to be honest I haven’t seen more crime per capita and now live in a city with 5 times the population, actually on a personal level see less crime then I saw back home.

You implied most countries are criminal and lazy in earlier posts rather that those countries are not so unlike as our own and it is just a segment of population that is problematic and not everyone.

You do realize that this problem and crime rate would continue to grow exponentially , because immigrants brought up to this country are facing a system that is not showing sympathy but forcing them to work low poor paid jobs, they face a highly expensive education system they would never afford paying,  becoming slaves of a banking system own by super rich. In the end they and their children would only grow in frustration and have only two choices,  stay low and poor or join the dark side. There are exceptions like yourself I am sure but not all are luckly to make their own fortune. 

Edited by qxcontinuum

10 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Myles

Absolutely our countries can and should work together. Your post I quoted though was you saying let’s make it so any Illegals should be able to sashay on a pedestal to Canada to take care of your border problem which I found offensive as you make it sound like we are not equal working partners and some lessor that you can kick in the teeth and treat as subservient to your demands. If you would have worded your comment more aptly I would have said nothing.

Canadians are noted as polite and friendly but do not assume we are a bunch of pushovers that will kiss anyone’s ass

The crosswalk thought was really mostly in jest.  I don't mean they should sneak into Canada.  Canada should be able to do their own vetting of them.

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2022 at 10:33 AM, Eldorado said:

This plan would see Canada welcome about eight-times the number of permanent residents each year

why? why does Canada need these immigrants? why does any country need immigrants? 'NEED' being the operative word here. why would someone feel a need to leave their home- their roots etc

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

why? why does Canada need these immigrants? why does any country need immigrants? 'NEED' being the operative word here. why would someone feel a need to leave their home- their roots etc

The answers to your questions have been posted above.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, qxcontinuum said:

You do realize that this problem and crime rate would continue to grow exponentially , because immigrants brought up to this country are facing a system that is not showing sympathy but forcing them to work low poor paid jobs, they face a highly expensive education system they would never afford paying,  becoming slaves of a banking system own by super rich. In the end they and their children would only grow in frustration and have only two choices,  stay low and poor or join the dark side. There are exceptions like yourself I am sure but not all are luckly to make their own fortune. 

Hi Qx

As long as there have been walking 2 legged talking air breathers there has been crime and always will be and then just like now we protect ourselves and each other. As I said since I have moved here that I have less experiences with crime which of course is my subjective experience.

Hmm I grew up in a 4 room house with a wood stove and an outhouse and carried water half a block everyday unless it was a blizzard . pretty sure I understand what poverty is and our lives improved because of how we is the money we earn. I am not rich and never cared to be and live a comfortable life that has allowed me to learn and experience many things so am content.

People from many countries share living space with others to survive so when they come here they start out sharing as they did back home but now have disposable income that they never had much of before even on lower wages. They help each other succeed into better education or opportunities just like the settlers did when they first came here.

It doesn’t matter what county there is there are hard working motivated people that live under much harsher conditions that excel once they get here.

• Like 3