Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans will be living on the Moon by 2030, says NASA's Orion chief


UM-Bot
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

The Moon is at least more feasible than Mars, since you can rotate the crew of a moon base regularly to prevent them from suffering from the long term effects of low gravity.

On Mars? You still have the problems of low gravity and of an in-built energy crisis.

Really, in my opinion, instead of Mars they should consider colonizing Antarctica. It's basically a wetter version of Mars that's infinitely more habitable for human life.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Misleading title.  "Humans will be living on the moon by 2030"

 

It kind of implies some average folks could be living on the moon.   Not just astronauts and scientists.   

When I think of "living" in a certain place, I think of a more permanent arrangement.   While it is possible a few people will be left on the surface for some time (maybe a couple months, maybe longer).  No one has stayed on the International Space Station for over a year straight yet.

 

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/nasa-station-astronaut-record-holders

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Misleading title.  "Humans will be living on the moon by 2030"

 

It kind of implies some average folks could be living on the moon.   Not just astronauts and scientists.

Average folks, above average folks, below average folks....Plumbers, doctors, mill workers, scientists and even Donald Trump

We're all human at the end of the day    

We've gone from only just learning flight itself   https://www.nps.gov/wrbr/learn/historyculture/thefirstflight.htm#:~:text=Orville takes off with Wilbur running beside%2C December 17%2C 1903.&text=At 10%3A35%2C he released,as Wilbur steadied the wings.  ....to having habitants on the moon in a little over a hundred yrs. This is exciting stuff!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nasa stated that they can't return to the moon, they haven't got the technology to go there.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, khol said:

Average folks, above average folks, below average folks....Plumbers, doctors, mill workers, scientists and even Donald Trump

We're all human at the end of the day    

We've gone from only just learning flight itself   https://www.nps.gov/wrbr/learn/historyculture/thefirstflight.htm#:~:text=Orville takes off with Wilbur running beside%2C December 17%2C 1903.&text=At 10%3A35%2C he released,as Wilbur steadied the wings.  ....to having habitants on the moon in a little over a hundred yrs. This is exciting stuff!!

human being (plural human beings) noun

  1. A person;

So there are more than one definitions for human.   I think this one is more probable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NASA is confirming a crew will be on the moon in 2025.  Also Musk is sending people to Mars in 2029, but doubtful imho.  Quite exciting nonetheless. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

The Moon is at least more feasible than Mars, since you can rotate the crew of a moon base regularly to prevent them from suffering from the long term effects of low gravity.

On Mars? You still have the problems of low gravity and of an in-built energy crisis.

Really, in my opinion, instead of Mars they should consider colonizing Antarctica. It's basically a wetter version of Mars that's infinitely more habitable for human life.

Well, Mars has the advantage of having a much higher gravity than the moon. Perhaps that gravity would be enough to keep astronauts healthy. I don't think any experiments have been done of the long-term effects of Mars gravity, or moon gravity, only zero-gravity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not if it's up to NASA. They couldn't even do the moon lander unmanned. 

Musk is busy with the Twitter, so I guess we wait another 50 years for humans on the moon, but the Twitter twits will continue unabated. This is why we cannot have nice things. 

At least they got the rocket out of low earth orbit, so maybe only 45 years, I won't hold my breath. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Nasa stated that they can't return to the moon, they haven't got the technology to go there.   

you see that Orion thingy flying around the moon as speak? thats the technology. Next mission it will be manned.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Poncho_Peanatus said:

you see that Orion thingy flying around the moon as speak? thats the technology. Next mission it will be manned.

 

What? Explain please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2022 at 12:50 AM, Dreamer screamer said:

What? Explain please.

what is there to explain, the Orion capsule flying around the moon is the technology, the next one will be manned, the one after that will have a lander, apparently from SpaceX. So its all good.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
On 11/22/2022 at 11:52 AM, Dreamer screamer said:

Nasa stated that they can't return to the moon, they haven't got the technology to go there.   

uhh... that never happened.

This did, though;

https://www.space.com/news/live/nasa-artemis-1-moon-mission-updates

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
On 11/22/2022 at 4:52 PM, Dreamer screamer said:

Nasa stated that they can't return to the moon, they haven't got the technology to go there.   

This is incorrect, NASA never made such a statement - it's a common misconception based on something astronaut Don Pettit said in 2016.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2022 at 12:24 PM, UM-Bot said:

Humans will be living on the Moon by 2030,

Yeah, right.....

and they said humans would be living on the Isle of Man by 2020, but nope! Still Manx.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The last man on the moon was in 1972, let me just repeat that 1972. So in 7 years humans will be living on the moon? When we haven't even gone back. Utter nonsense! These ridiculous predictions are getting very old & played out. Elon musk & his billions still haven't even made it to orbit after all their predictions & plans of SpaceX. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about fixing here before wrecking other places. We shouldn't be messing with the moon anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.