Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple claim 'possessed' doll has caused car crashes and illnesses

UM-Bot

So, two "mystery illnesses", one of which affected a friend who presumably had little or no contact with the doll, "a spate of car accident near-misses that they also attributed to its influence" (so no accidents), and a seance table flipped over. Well, I had Covid, so did work colleagues, we all didn't have car accidents, and probably someone broke some furniture, so perhaps we are all similarly unaffected by the haunted doll.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is how religions started ......  ;)     Bad things happen.   Why?   Well, it's because .....   and if you do this ....... it won;t happen again.   And coincidences never ever happen*

Humans haven't really changed in thousands of years.

*  statistically coincidences actually happen surprisingly often, far to often to be just a coincidence ;)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lee and Linzi Steer, who own the Museum of Haunted Objects in Rotherham, England, acquired the doll back in 2019 from a donor who believed that it was possessed and caused car accidents.

Nothing like drumming up a little business.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Let's face it..... Many dolls look sinister, and it makes you wonder why their owners don't throw them in the trash.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Essan said:

Humans haven't really changed in thousands of years.

WRONG!  Most people don't think like this.  Some people are just brain-dead throwbacks.

6 hours ago, Essan said:

This is how religions started ......  ;)     Bad things happen.   Why?   Well, it's because .....   and if you do this ....... it won;t happen again.   And coincidences never ever happen*

In rural India, witch doctors are the preferred first choice for treatments after a snake bite. The reason - most snakes in India aren't poisonous, so a witch doctor has a 90% success rate in treatment.

In the 10% they can't "cure", a doctor may be called- by then, the poison has caused septicaemia, the doctors success rate in saving the patient's life with anti-venom is only perhaps 5% of the patients they see. 

So, it is a no-brainer for the villagers- if you get bitten by a snake, if you want to live, you need to get to a witch doctor fast. 

Im not at all surprized just some attention seekers doing it by claiming a doll was haunted based on a made up story about a haunted doll.

How much of this tale was inspired by the horror movie, Annabelle series? The Warrens have always been peddling dookey stories like Amittyville (sp) horror etc.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2022 at 11:37 PM, pellinore said:

In rural India, witch doctors are the preferred first choice for treatments after a snake bite. The reason - most snakes in India aren't poisonous, so a witch doctor has a 90% success rate in treatment.

In the 10% they can't "cure", a doctor may be called- by then, the poison has caused septicaemia, the doctors success rate in saving the patient's life with anti-venom is only perhaps 5% of the patients they see. 

So, it is a no-brainer for the villagers- if you get bitten by a snake, if you want to live, you need to get to a witch doctor fast. 

100% of the snakes in india are not posionous, though some are venomous. 

• Like 1

Well, my whole family has just been through the wringer with "mystery illnesses" that they chalked up as seasonal sinus issues.

My mom had a car accident a few days ago & we have near misses on the road all the time.

Is it Annabelle? My mystery vibrating hanger I'd posted about? Bad medical advice & bad drivers? I'm figuring it's the last, but that could just be me. ;)

Edited by jowasmus
I got cut off typing
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 11:15 AM, newbloodmoon said:

How much of this tale was inspired by the horror movie, Annabelle series? The Warrens have always been peddling dookey stories like Amittyville (sp) horror etc.

And the warrens made a great living off duping people, never once proving anything but hey when joe nickells called out ed warren ed warren didnt show nickells proof he threatened him, speaks volumes.

• Like 1