Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The hunt for a 'crashed alien spaceship' off Australian coast

Eldorado

12 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Astrophysicist Avi Loeb believes that a meteor from outside our solar system that splashed down in 2014 is actually extraterrestrial technology.

Because Loeb never lets lack of evidence slow down his imagination.

• Like 6

You'd have to have better then... "It's maybe a rock, or maybe a spaceship.", for me to invest 1.9 million dollars.

I can go look in the woods tonight for "maybe a rock...", if anyone wants to give me a couple million dollars.

Good luck to them anyway. Hopefully they find their rock.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

It’s pretty far fetched, I have difficulty believing it. 

• Like 1

Loeb said: "The material is tougher than iron. The question is whether it's just an unusual rock or perhaps a spacecraft."

I could question something I've found in an old house: 'is this a rusty old ironing board or perhaps a spacecraft'

Anyone can question anything in this way.. 'who' puts a question like this forward is decisive regarding the kinda response & attention the question gets..

e.g.:

I /ME/ little ol' boring insignificant nobody dej could dig up an (IMO) unusual-looking stone & say: 'hmmm, this could be 'perhaps' part of a spacecraft'

The likes of Lazar (one of many examples) could do the very same thing & there's money to be earned....

Not far off 90 years of so-called modern ufology & STILL nothing! Why is this?

Now that's what I call a proper good ol' logical meaning full question== IN MY OPINION ;)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, astrobeing said:

nothing wrong with imagination..... it's those who buy his books etc & take it all in without any evidence at all - they are the problem imo

• Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 4:23 PM, psyche101 said:

Pounds is not the currency here. 

What kind of money do you guys use? Eucalyptus leaves? :P :yes:

Yeah that's weird they'd use Pounds in the article, unless it was published in the UK. But appears Avi Loeb lives in the USA. So that would seem to indicate dollars would be used also.

EDIT: The publisher of the article is BANG's showbiz section, which is short for Bay Area News Group. So, that's in the USA also.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

This Loeb fellow sounds a bit like a von daniken with even greater lack of blurting skills,

This reminds me of that steel check value ball some dolt found in the 70s and got his 30 mins of fame claiming it was alien.

But give me a million bucks and ill support his every claim.

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Kinda sad that some civilization can create a craft capable of traveling between star systems but can't avoid running into a planet.

It's the people on Earth. It's just that humans have the unfortunate ability to make compasses spin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 11/24/2022 at 1:30 PM, Eldorado said:

he scientist has been fully funded for a £1.9 million mission

ta da

• Like 2

On 11/25/2022 at 6:43 AM, astrobeing said:

At least he's willing to put other people's money where his mouth is :lol:

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, stereologist said:

It's the people on Earth. It's just that humans have the unfortunate ability to make compasses spin.

I know a girl who had a tiny rare earth magnet implanted in the pad of her finger she can do little weird tricks with it.

• Like 4

On 11/29/2022 at 9:09 PM, Tatetopa said:

Kinda sad that some civilization can create a craft capable of traveling between star systems but can't avoid running into a planet.

Like Voyager 1 and 2 and then the devastatingly sad Challenger disaster not even getting to space after leaving the launch pad years later?

42 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Like Voyager 1 and 2 and then the devastatingly sad Challenger disaster not even getting to space after leaving the launch pad years later?

Exactly so.  Now envision our technology in three hundred or so years if we become a star faring civilization.  JMO. Just check out 30 year old TV,  like Star Trek.  If you are going to invest in star travel, its going to be a big self-sufficient craft with a  lot of capability and survivability.  The Enterprise doesn't land on planets, they have backup systems on top of backup systems and stay in orbit.  They send down a shuttle.  If it develops a problem then they can retrieve the crew and maybe the craft as well.  Just as likely, they send down an unmanned AI craft to explore.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 3:59 AM, the13bats said:

This Loeb fellow sounds a bit like a von daniken with even greater lack of blurting skills,

This reminds me of that steel check value ball some dolt found in the 70s and got his 30 mins of fame claiming it was alien.

But give me a million bucks and ill support his every claim.

Except Loeb is a scientist and academic, while von Daniken is a convicted fraudster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2022 at 7:43 PM, astrobeing said:

Just as well that Galileo, Newton, Darwin and Einstein had imaginations that let them look beyond accepted science.

Edited by pellinore
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, pellinore said:

Just as well that Galileo, Newton, Darwin and Einstein had imaginations that let them look beyond accepted science.

No, each one of them developed theories to explain real world observations. Loeb creates theories to explain things in his imagination.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, pellinore said:

Except Loeb is a scientist and academic, while von Daniken is a convicted fraudster.

Oooh okay then loeb must be legit.

And meldrum must be right about bigfoot too.

Edited by the13bats

6 hours ago, pellinore said:

Krantz let his opinions and imagination control his reason and rational thoughts about bigfoot.

I wonder what the odds are of finding a football sized rock about 1000 feet down in a surface area of probably a hundred square miles?

Good luck to them.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2