Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Steven Spielberg believed his DVD of 'Paranormal Activity' was haunted

UM-Bot

I've always been called a very creative person, it's been said that I'm a talented artist and creative writer. But I'm a skeptic. I just have a good imagination. It always disappoints me when a successful director or writer who's known for more fantastic works believes in the paranormal. It kind of ruins their mind for me.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Splendor Solis said:

I've always been called a very creative person, it's been said that I'm a talented artist and creative writer. But I'm a skeptic. I just have a good imagination. It always disappoints me when a successful director or writer who's known for more fantastic works believes in the paranormal. It kind of ruins their mind for me.

Then why are you here?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Papameter Reading

70% Paranormal   15% Normal    15% Hoax

I have to believe he is intelligent enough to gage likely explanations. Generally bedroom doors can't be locked from the outside.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I have to believe he is intelligent enough to gage likely explanations. Generally bedroom doors can't be locked from the outside.

Ive never seen br doors that didnt lock either side so we differ there.

On 11/26/2022 at 8:39 AM, Unadan said:

Then why are you here?

This is an open forum to post ones opinions and just because you do not agree with someones opinion doesnt mean they do not have the same right as you do to be here.

Can you prove hauntings? No, you cant.

With viral marketing a key component of the film’s success, many thought that Steven Spielberg’s compelling story was merely part of the advertising campaign to drum up excitement, though this has never been confirmed. 

Costing a total of $230,000 including production and marketing, the original Paranormal Activity went on to earn over $193.4 million at the box office.

6 hours ago, Unadan said:

Yes but the eternal skeptics are know it alls. So again why are they here?

Can you prove even one haunting claim?

Far from me being a "know it all" im calling you out to put up or shut up prove hauntings are real.

• Like 1

How and why would a pre-release copy of a DVD be "haunted"? That's asinine. Obvious marketing stunt, or just a crappy door latch. One door lock breaking because you watched a scary movie does not make your house "haunted".

If he watched a pre-release copy of Leprechaun 17 (not that anyone would) and the door lock seized up, does that mean leprechauns are after his gold?

Edited by moonman

On 11/28/2022 at 5:01 PM, papageorge1 said:

My au pairs would disagree. Well, they would if they could.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Haunted by 195 million dollars...

• 2 months later...

Made me laugh! 

That's strange...

Why is this so weird? People watch scary movies to get scared and generally the scarier the movie the more people enjoy it. Given I've heard plenty of stories about non celebrities who watched a scary movie and then got spooked by something later, hell even the cat brushing your leg in the dark can scare the crap out of you. He mentioned it and probably had a good laugh. 

• Like 1