Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK chancellor says we should not accept reality as it 'will make us poorer'

pellinore

Jeremy Hunt has rubbished the forecasts of his own economic watchdog and declared he does not accept Brexit “will make us poorer”.

In a fractious interview, the chancellor was confronted with his watchdog’s analysis that leaving the EU will swipe £100bn from output and £40bn from revenues by the decade’s end.

But Mr Hunt, asked about that Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) analysis of a 4 per cent GDP slump, replied: “I don’t accept the 4 per cent.”

When it was pointed out he accepts other OBR forecasts, he said: “I don’t have to accept all of them”, adding: “I accept all the ones I agree with.”

The chancellor acknowledged the “transition” to new trading relationships was causing “difficulties for some businesses” but argued “the opportunities for Brexit” could overcome them.

Chancellor rubbishes his own advisers and denies Brexit ‘will make us poorer’ | The Independent

Edited by pellinore
  • Sad 3

• The title was changed to UK chancellor says we should not accept reality as it 'will make us poorer'

When did modern humanity fall for the idea that if you closes your eyes, cover your ears, and sing La La La loud enough reality will go away?

• Like 1