Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Emboldened Biden, Democrats push ban on so-called assault weapons

Grim Reaper 6

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

What does that have to do with Trump?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

What does that have to do with Trump?  

The Twitter thread implies Trump is the pro-gun Republican who incites violence. He may not be, of course.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, pellinore said:

The Twitter thread implies Trump is the pro-gun Republican who incites violence. He may not be, of course.

Posting something that 'implies' that Trump or anyone else is this or that is just stupid.  That of course doesn't mean you are stupid.

No one in this country is Pro Gun.  There is no Political platform for Pro Gun.  The NRA is not Pro Gun.  Most of us are Pro-Constitution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

"The Twitter thread implies Trump is the pro-gun Republican who incites violence."

Yes, of course it does.:rolleyes:

Edited by itsnotoutthere

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

"The Twitter thread implies Trump is the pro-gun Republican who incites violence."

Yes, of course it does.:rolleyes:

Well, that is what the thread does imply. I don't know if the author of the thread has a political bias:

The Colorado shooter’s dad: “I praised him for violent behavior really early. I told him it works... You’ll get immediate results.” He then went on to praise the Colorado shooter’s grandpa, a MAGA Republican politician named Randy Voepel who supported the January 6 insurrection.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joc said:

Posting something that 'implies' that Trump or anyone else is this or that is just stupid.  That of course doesn't mean you are stupid.

No one in this country is Pro Gun.  There is no Political platform for Pro Gun.  The NRA is not Pro Gun.  Most of us are Pro-Constitution.

I think if someone supports something, they can be said to be "pro" it. This article uses the term (and I'm not saying Al Jazeera is biased or not, I'm just saying popular parlance accepts supporting something is being "pro" or "for" it, whatever the reason. 

If Texas is the epicentre of gun violence in the United States, Cruz may be the pro-gun movement’s most prominent standard-bearer – one who represents one side of the polarized gun debate in the US, a point of view that gun supporters say is grounded in the Second Amendment to the US Constitution, which reads in part, “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed”.

Inside the minds of Americans who do not think guns are a problem | Gun Violence News | Al Jazeera

Edited by pellinore
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, pellinore said:

Well, that is what the thread does imply. I don't know if the author of the thread has a political bias:

The Colorado shooter’s dad: “I praised him for violent behavior really early. I told him it works... You’ll get immediate results.” He then went on to praise the Colorado shooter’s grandpa, a MAGA Republican politician named Randy Voepel who supported the January 6 insurrection.

Yes....no mention of Trump.:hmm:

4 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Yes....no mention of Trump.:hmm:

Trump is not implicated in the Jan 6th insurrection? I thought he was quoted as being an instigator by some reporters.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, pellinore said:

Trump is not implicated in the Jan 6th insurrection? I thought he was quoted as being an instigator by some reporters.

The same reporters that omitted the small detail of Trump telling his supporters several times to protest peacefully....those reporters?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, pellinore said:

I think if someone supports something, they can be said to be "pro" it. This article uses the term (and I'm not saying Al Jazeera is biased or not, I'm just saying popular parlance accepts supporting something is being "pro" or "for" it, whatever the reason. 

If Texas is the epicentre of gun violence in the United States, Cruz may be the pro-gun movement’s most prominent standard-bearer – one who represents one side of the polarized gun debate in the US, a point of view that gun supporters say is grounded in the Second Amendment to the US Constitution, which reads in part, “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed”.

Inside the minds of Americans who do not think guns are a problem | Gun Violence News | Al Jazeera

Of course Al Jazeera is biased!  Do you know who owns Al Jazeera?  Al Gore!   Name a major media outlet that is not biased.

There is no pro-gun movement!  We have always had guns.  The second amendment to the Constitution  gives us the right to bear arms.  It's not Pro Gun like oh yeah I'm for guns...I'm for people being able to own guns.  Are you Pro Speech?  Are you for speaking freely your thoughts?  

What Ted Cruz is, is one of the most prominent standard-bearer for the Constitution of the United States.  

You said it right there...The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.  So it isn't a Pro Gun crowd at all that you are speaking of...it is the anti-gun, Anti-Constitution  crowd that is the problem.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, joc said:

Of course Al Jazeera is biased!  Do you know who owns Al Jazeera?  Al Gore! 

LOL, no.  No he does not.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Agent0range said:

LOL, no.  No he does not.

Oh my bad.  I remembered something wrongly.  You are right, he sold a TV show he owned to Aljazeera.  My apologies...:)

6 hours ago, pellinore said:

Safe to say the shooter in this case is also a victim then. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joc said:

Of course Al Jazeera is biased!  Do you know who owns Al Jazeera?  Al Gore!   Name a major media outlet that is not biased.

There is no pro-gun movement!  We have always had guns.  The second amendment to the Constitution  gives us the right to bear arms.  It's not Pro Gun like oh yeah I'm for guns...I'm for people being able to own guns.  Are you Pro Speech?  Are you for speaking freely your thoughts?  

What Ted Cruz is, is one of the most prominent standard-bearer for the Constitution of the United States.  

You said it right there...The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.  So it isn't a Pro Gun crowd at all that you are speaking of...it is the anti-gun, Anti-Constitution  crowd that is the problem.  

Most of the American anti-gun people aren’t even anti-gun or anti-constitution, they’re pro-well ordered militia.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pellinore said:

Now we can see why the shooter was so deeply closeted that in order to deny his own sexuality he felt the need to shoot random people that share that sexuality.  I read his father has a long history of meth too.  Complete loser and prime example of a person not fit to raise children.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Safe to say the shooter in this case is also a victim then. 

There is a certain amount of black humour:

"Your son has just killed a load of gay men"

"Oh my God, he wasn't gay himself, was he?"

"Don't know, he may have been just a killer"

"Thank God for that, for a moment I thought you were telling me something terrible!"

• Like 2

On 11/25/2022 at 10:03 PM, joc said:

There aren't any.  Because Trump doesn't take orders from anyone.  One reason we love him! 

Seems like some his lovers are having some morning after regrets.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gees some Republicans are whiny jerks 

An incorrect term deserved an article? What the hell are defence weapons? That's what some claim they are don't they? 

If America ever decides to get rid of guns, that is the day America will join the rest of the civilized world and improve the country many fold.

"The idea we still allow semi-automatic weapons to be purchased is sick. Just sick," Biden said on Thanksgiving Day. “I’m going to try to get rid of assault weapons.”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLj-pU7r3FXJIipFTF8lC

Good on him. Biden has been trying to push better gun control for an improved society. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, pellinore said:

Nice link. It puts some perspective on the incredibly stupid good guy with a gun excuse. 

Hard to believe it's 2022 reading that link. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

She'd lucky to have got away!!

#Extreme_Sarcasm

I remember she cried when she went to the fake "child cages" also. Cry me a river AOC.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pellinore said:

There is a certain amount of black humour:

"Your son has just killed a load of gay men"

"Oh my God, he wasn't gay himself, was he?"

"Don't know, he may have been just a killer"

"Thank God for that, for a moment I thought you were telling me something terrible!"

That did bring a chuckle, but also it is mainly very contemptible.

14 hours ago, pellinore said:

I think if someone supports something, they can be said to be "pro" it.

Question.

Not to derail the thread too much, but would it be OK for Pro-Life activists to call those who are Pro-Choice, or Pro-Abortion, as Pro-Murder, since many favor no limit abortion, which would include viable late term pregnancies?

Just trying to make a point that if using a term is favorable to one side of a discussion, it can usually be determined to be being used to support a bias opinion.