Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Anti-woke' MAGA bank is shutting down after mismanagement.

Hankenhunter

Grifters seem to be attracted to fleecing conservatives.  It did not fail because it was anti-woke, it failed because of crooked or incompetent management.  The nutbag running it out of his house blew through the initial investment by Theil and other backers without much to show for it..

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Grifters seem to be attracted to fleecing conservatives. 

They're easy marks. Especially the more conspiracy minded ones. 

• Like 8

First time I even heard of this bank, the promotion for it is truly crazy. I suppose there was little chance it would have worked anyway, especially since it was being run out of persons home, the entire concept is wild.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

First time I even heard of this bank, the promotion for it is truly crazy. I suppose there was little chance it would have worked anyway, especially since it was being run out of persons home, the entire concept is wild.

A certain P.T Barnum quote springs to mind. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Hang on … “omnipresent fascist talking head Candace Owens” … WTF does that description have to do with anything?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

A certain P.T Barnum quote springs to mind. 

Yes there are suckers born everyday, but even with said who would put there money in a financial institution like this it just boggles the mind.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yes there are suckers born everyday, but even with said who would put there money in a financial institution like this it just boggles the mind.

It seemed to pander to conservative right wingers only. The anti-woke, ammosexuals, and anti-liberals. In other words, rubes. It seems if you promise impossible things, the rubes will bust down your doors to get in on the action. Go figure. 

That and a promise of a credit card made of bullet casings. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

It seemed to pander to conservative right wingers only. The anti-woke, ammosexuals, and anti-liberals. In other words, rubes. It seems if you promise impossible things, the rubes will bust down your doors to get in on the action. Go figure. 

That and a promise of a credit card made of bullet casings. 

Well it seems to me if you put the Anti Woke bit aside, there are few Conservatives who would want any part of this either. I think the only people who would have any interest in this are the extremist right wingers. I also think the reason this type of financial institution could never be successful is because there would never be enough Americans interested in it to actually make it work. The majority of conservative Republicans are not a bunch of crazies and neither are the majority of Democrats, it’s the outer fringe groups that are wacko’s in both parties. However, because of their ridiculous behaviors they overshadow all the others on both sides.

JIMHO

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Well it seems to me if you put the Anti Woke bit aside, there are few Conservatives who would want any part of this either. I think the only people who would have any interest in this are the extremist right wingers. I also think the reason this type of financial institution could never be successful is because there would never be enough Americans interested in it to actually make it work. The majority of conservative Republicans are not a bunch of crazies and neither are the majority of Democrats, it’s the outer fringe groups that are wacko’s in both parties. However, because of their ridiculous behaviors they overshadow all the others on both sides.

JIMHO

As I said, Rubes. I doubt it was ever intended to work. Just another grifting scheme to separate the under educated from their money. You Tube is a good example of fertile grifting grounds. Its infested with every con in the book. Throw enough dog whistles, and they come running. 

• Like 2

Not to put it on the conservative side, there are fund managers specializing in woke investment on the liberal side. Environmental funds, alternative energy funds, KIVA which is a micro-lending firm and a bunch of others. They attract a customer base through social beliefs and try to be competitive to keep them around. 

I can see where conservatives would want to invest their money in causes they believe in.

This truly mystifies me though.  There are a lot of woke businesses that are competitive enough to continue operation.   

A conservative business could too if they attracted competent and honest fund managers and directors.  Can they do that and start a successful banking operation?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Not to put it on the conservative side, there are fund managers specializing in woke investment on the liberal side. Environmental funds, alternative energy funds, KIVA which is a micro-lending firm and a bunch of others. They attract a customer base through social beliefs and try to be competitive to keep them around. 

I can see where conservatives would want to invest their money in causes they believe in.

This truly mystifies me though.  There are a lot of woke businesses that are competitive enough to continue operation.   

A conservative business could too if they attracted competent and honest fund managers and directors.  Can they do that and start a successful banking operation?

I dunno Tate. They'd have to be all inclusive or they'd never survive amongst all the other inclusive institutes. 

• Like 1

The threat of financial account foreclosure is something the ”right-wing” has been concerned about for a while. This is what cancel culture ultimately leads to. You shouldn’t call for de-platforming conservatives and then mock them for trying to establish their own institutions.

This is the first I’ve (super “alt-right” Breitbart me) has even heard of this venture. I suspect the banking game is a red-line that ain’t easy to break into.

“When White House press secretary Jen Psaki said that people who spread “misinformation” “shouldn’t be banned from one platform and not others,” she revealed the left’s chilling plan for censoring content that goes against the left’s narrative.

It is becoming increasingly clear that political leaders on the left and Big Tech are joining arms to not just deplatform dissident voices from social media, but to bar them from the digital space entirely, including from having the ability to make and receive payments online.”

https://www.heritage.org/progressivism/commentary/left-doesnt-just-want-censor-you-social-media-it-also-wants-close-your

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

The threat of financial account foreclosure is something the ”right-wing” has been concerned about for a while. This is what cancel culture ultimately leads to. You shouldn’t call for de-platforming conservatives and then mock them for trying to establish their own institutions.

This is the first I’ve (super “alt-right” Breitbart me) has even heard of this venture. I suspect the banking game is a red-line that ain’t easy to break into.

“When White House press secretary Jen Psaki said that people who spread “misinformation” “shouldn’t be banned from one platform and not others,” she revealed the left’s chilling plan for censoring content that goes against the left’s narrative.

It is becoming increasingly clear that political leaders on the left and Big Tech are joining arms to not just deplatform dissident voices from social media, but to bar them from the digital space entirely, including from having the ability to make and receive payments online.”

https://www.heritage.org/progressivism/commentary/left-doesnt-just-want-censor-you-social-media-it-also-wants-close-your

Welcome to Capitalism.  By the way. You posted a conservative opinion piece as a proof link. Bad form.

3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Welcome to Capitalism.  By the way. You posted a conservative opinion piece as a proof link. Bad form.

Over your head apparently. Conservative concerns about being de-platformed are based in opinion. Just like the left’s insistence that a hairy-male-specimens can be a woman. FFS just pretend conservatives identify as a group being de-platformed. Problem solved.

29 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Over your head apparently. Conservative concerns about being de-platformed are based in opinion. Just like the left’s insistence that a hairy-male-specimens can be a woman. FFS just pretend conservatives identify as a group being de-platformed. Problem solved.

Pull yourself together, man. You're rambling incoherently. Did you by any chance have money in this "bank"?

Edited by Hankenhunter
Punctuation
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Pull yourself together, man. You're rambling incoherently. Did you by any chance have money in this "bank"?

All of it jack. Totally broke the old Tiny Ron. Now I’m barely surviving on the scraps of white supremacy and Breitbart fumes. If you could spare a crypto currency or two I’d forever vote Democrat in your return.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

All of it jack. Totally broke the old Tiny Ron. Now I’m barely surviving on the scraps of white supremacy and Breitbart fumes. If you could spare a crypto currency or two I’d forever vote Democrat in your return.

Here you go !:)

5C589C2B-F62E-43BB-A9F5-E2D2CF770B16.jpeg

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Would you accept a brass credit card that smells like burnt gunpowder?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Would you accept a brass credit card that smells like burnt gunpowder?

Backed by leftist fantasies? Afraid not. Maybe your birthing person can help with your financial whoas? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2