Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal investigator snaps face of 'ghost child' in haunted fort

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Paranormal investigator snaps face of 'ghost child' in haunted fort

It's a fake photo.  It is a doll.  

Pareidolia: the tendency for perception to impose a meaningful interpretation on a nebulous stimulus, usually visual, so that one perceives an object, pattern, or meaning where there is none.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

It's a fake photo.  It is a doll.  

I don't think it's a fake photo, it's not distinct enough to be a doll's head.

To me, it's most likely a case of pareidolia - it's a random shape that just happens to resemble a face.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Saru said:

I don't think it's a fake photo, it's not distinct enough to be a doll's head.

To me, it's most likely a case of pareidolia - it's a random shape that just happens to resemble a face.

Here is why I think it is a dolls head photoshopped in.  Note, the pictures below have all been enhanced and cropped.

Exploring the pitch-black corridors of the fort using nothing but torchlight, they thought they had heard something shuffling around in the darkness.

1.  why is the face lit up enough to see something in the pareidolia gendre?  I would think it would be dark...like everything else.

2.  when playing with the contrast...the bricks on the wall change far more distinctly than the 'face' does.  Which leads me to believe it was photoshopped in there.

both pictures used Brightness increased from 50% to 80%.

Example 1:   picture was edited using Contrast at 100%

1344814293_ghostface(2).png.2eb883502247cba4b28a7b3bb9844cc2.png

Figure2: 

2133644975_ghostface(7).png.cc2e2ca711177369a0888eb18765a66e.png

Example 2:  This picture was edited using Contrast at 0%

Note the amount of change of the bricks with and without Contrast  compared to the lack of change in the 'face'. Also, note the 'hair surrounding the face'. 

It could be pareidolia...sure is an incredible pic if it is.  But, the other thing is ...why would someone go picture taking in a dark haunted castle with torches lit unless they were investigating 'ghosts', which this guy apparently was.   And wallah, he found a ghost.  Sure looks amazingly like a doll I bought my Aunt a few  years ago.  Regardless, it is a very interesting picture.  

ghostface (7).png

Edited by joc
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, joc said:

It could be pareidolia...sure is an incredible pic if it is. 

Question is, would you have spotted it in the image if it wasn't pointed out and you weren't told it looked like a face ?

Once you see it it's hard to 'unsee' it, but if you weren't told it looked like a face, you might have never perceived it as anything significant.

It's possible it's been Photoshopped, but to me it's too subtle - I think if it was fake it would be more obvious.

• Like 4

Lots of BF folks do the same thing. They play with their photos until they produce something they can show people.

This face is just noise in the image as are the BF hiding images.

• Like 3

Pspameter Reading

70% Paranormal   15% Pareidolia   15% Hoax

Full story and location considered

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Saru said:

Question is, would you have spotted it in the image if it wasn't pointed out and you weren't told it looked like a face ?

Once you see it it's hard to 'unsee' it, but if you weren't told it looked like a face, you might have never perceived it as anything significant.

It's possible it's been Photoshopped, but to me it's too subtle - I think if it was fake it would be more obvious.

The answer to the question is a resounding NO!  Looking at the original photo...how did he even see anything to talk about?  

But let's analyze the original photo one more time.  What we have is the original photo, with a box highlighting the face.  And then we have another 'close up' of the face highlighted with a box.  Question is:  Why can I not increase the original picture and get a close up of the image myself the way the photographer did?  It seems like there are actually two photos.  The original photo...and then a close up of the face which is apart from the original photo.

1169049680_ghostgirl.thumb.png.8b44219db49f0672b864bd798a610cec.png

• Like 3

New and improved papameter reading

0% paranormal 70% manipulated image 30% pareidolia

100% original papameter model never works

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, joc said:

The answer to the question is a resounding NO!  Looking at the original photo...how did he even see anything to talk about?  

But let's analyze the original photo one more time.  What we have is the original photo, with a box highlighting the face.  And then we have another 'close up' of the face highlighted with a box.  Question is:  Why can I not increase the original picture and get a close up of the image myself the way the photographer did?  It seems like there are actually two photos.  The original photo...and then a close up of the face which is apart from the original photo.

I don't think the original (presumably high-resolution) photo was published anywhere, unfortunately.

• Like 1

This is just a typical fake story of ghost hunting.

The ghost hunter fakers need to get a little money to cover their expenses of another pointless ghost hunting trek.

How laughable is ghost hunting? Well this image tells us all.

• Like 1

It looks very cartoonish, almost like a Nintendo character.

My take is fake and on purpose hoax but both saru and joc are correct if my weary mind is following.

Here is the full shot..news-hq-ghost-fort-horsted.jpg

Its all highlight boxes and stuff added to point out where the ghost hunter after scouring the dark background thought he found a good place to play the hoax.

The orginal smaller highlight square to the right is crap nothing garbage if you try to enlarge its just more crap, so a lot went on from the crap on the right to get that nice clear face on the larger highlight to the left.

I have no clue if its a dolls face or the photo editor just drew it but its not what is seen in the orginal. Sorry papaG only a drop bear would fine this one anything but hoax fake trick. But that shot on the left has editing so it was on purpose.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was expecting something metal as hell, like the dude had the ghost kid in a headlock. Stupid me realized "snapped" meant took a photo. Unfortunately, this looks to be more of a case of snapped a photo and then booted up photoshop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TripGun said:

Pareidolia FTW

I dont think so in this case it looks like a deliberate photoshop.