Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk voices support for Trump rival Ron DeSantis if Florida governor runs for president in 2024

Grim Reaper 6

Elon Musk said Friday he would support former President Donald Trump's rival Ron DeSantis if the Florida governor runs for presidential office in 2024. Musk replied "Yes" to a tweet asking him if he would back DeSantis in 2024 after sharing his disappointment with the Biden administration and listing what qualities he's seeking in 2024. My preference for the 2024 presidency is someone sensible and centrist," Musk said in a tweet. "I had hoped that would the case for the Biden administration, but have been disappointed so far."  DeSantis has emerged as one of Trump's top potential rivals for the GOP nomination after embracing culture war issues in Florida, including attacking critical race theory and LGBTQ rights in schools. DeSantis cruised to re-election earlier this month.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/elon-musk-voices-support-for-trump-rival-ron-desantis-if-florida-governor-runs-for-president-in-2024/ar-AA14ADps?ocid=EMMX&cvid=421631c06dce4c5aa9fa9d2df65463d3

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

"I had hoped that would the case for the Biden administration, but have been disappointed so far."

THIS^ alone is reason to ignore his opinions on '24.  If he REALLY thought there was even a possibility that the installed resident at 1600 would be "sensible and centrist", his intellect isn't too impressive, at least concerning politics.  To each, his own...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, and-then said:

THIS^ alone is reason to ignore his opinions on '24.  If he REALLY thought there was even a possibility that the installed resident at 1600 would be "sensible and centrist", his intellect isn't too impressive, at least concerning politics.  To each, his own...

I see your point concerning his views on Biden, and I agree concerning his choice of Biden. But if DeSantis does announce his run in 2024, Musk could certainly be a well heeled financial backer. In addition Twitter would be one hell of an advertising platform for whoever he chose to support. So if Musk is true to his word I think his support would be welcomed by any candidate. So I suppose time will tell, and there is still no guarantee that DeSantis will even run. 

JIMHO 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I see your point concerning his views on Biden, and I agree concerning his choice of Biden. But if DeSantis does announce his run in 2024, Musk could certainly be a well heeled financial backer. In addition Twitter would be one hell of an advertising platform for whoever he chose to support. So if Musk is true to his word I think his support would be welcomed by any candidate. So I suppose time will tell, and there is still no guarantee that DeSantis will even run. 

JIMHO 

Yes. Trump no longer uses Twitter so whoever does use Twitter will no doubt get more coverage than Trump does on Truth, IMO. I'm not going to join Truth as it is a "Trump" based platform, and you can rest assured zero contenders against Trump would be allowed on "truth" and that shows you why it isn't "truth" when it comes to free speech. It is just "Trumps" free speech.

• Like 2

Just now, MGB said:

Yes. Trump no longer uses Twitter so whoever does use Twitter will no doubt get more coverage than Trump does on Truth, IMO. I'm not going to join Truth as it is a "Trump" based platform, and you can rest assured zero contenders against Trump would be allowed on "truth" and that shows you why it isn't "truth" when it comes to free speech. It is just "Trumps" free speech.

I do agree with you, Trumps Truth Platform is for Trump and Trump alone. It’s a shame that there is so much bias and non-factual information put out on that site. But, on the other hand the Republican Party doesn’t get a fair shot on most mainstream sites. These sites are bias in respect that they mainly only report negative information and while it’s mostly accurate they don’t report the positive information that Republicans are involved with. However, what they do report in my opinion is by far more accurate that Trump Truth site and that alone turns many Americans off to Trumps site.

JIMHO

• Like 2

Elon's major interest is what, no more taxes on him?  Biden wants to add taxes, maybe DeSantis will give some more tax breaks to elites.  I am pretty cynical about it, I think Elon does not care about  current America, but his own personal welfare and  avoidance of roadblocks to his long term plans.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Elon's major interest is what, no more taxes on him?  Biden wants to add taxes, maybe DeSantis will give some more tax breaks to elites.  I am pretty cynical about it, I think Elon does not care about  current America, but his own personal welfare and  avoidance of roadblocks to his long term plans.

I don’t think your being cynical at all. All the elite members of American society do very little unless their is something in it for them. You could certainly be write in your thoughts on the subject, unfortunately we will never know the truth about his personal motivation. But, looking forward to his personal long term plans is a very good point, one I never considered before.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, STAR LORD said:

Elon Musk gave back freedom of speech 

You couldn't say anything you wanted on Truth Social or Frank Speech, or Parler, or 8Chan? 

The problem with depending on somebody else to give you something, is that it can easily be taken away too.  When Elon's transgender daughter inherits the company, they may decide to change the policies. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

You couldn't say anything you wanted on Truth Social or Frank Speech, or Parler, or 8Chan? 

The problem with depending on somebody else to give you something, is that it can easily be taken away too.  When Elon's transgender daughter inherits the company, they may decide to change the policies. 

What does Trans anything have to do with this?   go back to facebook you fool.  Every nation releys on its leader to lead no?   If the leader takes away your right to talk except its own opinion and yours is a crime what is that ?  The first amendment is what nothing unless your allowed to say what you feel ?  

2 hours ago, and-then said:

Out of my echo chamber!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, STAR LORD said:

What does Trans anything have to do with this?   go back to facebook you fool.  Every nation releys on its leader to lead no?   If the leader takes away your right to talk except its own opinion and yours is a crime what is that ?  The first amendment is what nothing unless your allowed to say what you feel ?  

Which leader took away your right to free speech?

PS.  Which school did you go to?  I wouldn't reley [sic] on its record of educating - at least not based on what your [sic] trying to say.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, STAR LORD said:

Elon Musk gave back freedom of speech 

Please explain excatly where and when your free speech was taken away thaty Elon was able to restore it for you. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Please explain excatly where and when your free speech was taken away thaty Elon was able to restore it for you. 

I believe his comments were referring to how Musk restored Trumps privileges along with many others. Now that’s just a guess because the guys comments are certainly not that clear to start with. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I believe his comments were referring to how Musk restored Trumps privileges along with many others. Now that’s just a guess because the guys comments are certainly not that clear to start with. 

About the expected logic from a musk fan boy, though. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

:td:

Yea this Star Lord guy is certainly an idiot talking to people like that when he doesn’t even know Tate or what the conversation in this thread is about, sad really sad!:no:

@Tatetopa

• Like 5

1 hour ago, STAR LORD said:

Hi Star Lord.  one Elon Musk's older children is transgender with some very liberal views. When Elon gets tired of Twitter or dies, they may well inherit it and decide they don't like Donald Trump or Ye or Marjorie Taylor Green and ban them all again.  There is no moderator board to challenge Elon's decisions, there will be none to challenge theirs.  That is why I said if you depend on Elon to give you freedom of speech then you may as easily lose it if someone takes his place.

I know some people live on the Internet, but as far as I know, Twitter is not a nation.  It is a business venture. The leader of Twitter can give you free speech or take it away on Twitter nowhere else.  I would hate to think that for some, Twitter defines the extent of the world.

In the USA, the 1st Amendment prevents the government from infringing on your free speech, that is all.  Corporations are not bound by the Constitution, they don't have to give you a platform.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

I know some people live on the Internet, but as far as I know, Twitter is not a nation.  It is a business venture. The leader of Twitter can give you free speech or take it away on Twitter nowhere else.  I would hate to think that for some, Twitter defines the extent of the world.

In the USA, the 1st Amendment prevents the government from infringing on your free speech, that is all.  Corporations are not bound by the Constitution, they don't have to give you a platform.

You might as well have been explaining this to Trump as well...

• Like 5

On 11/27/2022 at 11:17 AM, and-then said:

Biden could have brought in world peace and you would still accuse him of being the devil incarnate.

To each his own indeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2022 at 8:17 PM, and-then said:

Like the opinions of a bent kneed trump worshipper are any good.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 11:31 PM, Tatetopa said:

Hi Star Lord.  one Elon Musk's older children is transgender with some very liberal views. When Elon gets tired of Twitter or dies, they may well inherit it and decide they don't like Donald Trump or Ye or Marjorie Taylor Green and ban them all again.  There is no moderator board to challenge Elon's decisions, there will be none to challenge theirs.  That is why I said if you depend on Elon to give you freedom of speech then you may as easily lose it if someone takes his place.

I have never been on twitter likely never will and it dropped in trending users so i sure do not care if cheeto is on there i do believe it was a devastating blow to trumps subjects who would wait impatiently for his next self serving tweet so i imagine they are delighted he is back on there praising himself and bashing and blaming everyone else.

• Like 2