Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Perseverance rover discovers possible signs of ancient life on Mars

UM-Bot

I thought it was already accepted that there was life on Mars at one time. :unsure2:

10 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I thought it was already accepted that there was life on Mars at one time. :unsure2:

Not exactly. Good chances for life on Mars is not the proof of life on Mars (in past, of course).

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Of course there were a life on Mars before!

Dinosaurs Found on Mars - Weekly World News

Post before edit was more suitable ;)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Are you thinking of the methane releases there was hype about a few years ago?

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Are you thinking of the methane releases there was hype about a few years ago?

I don't remember that. I thought something like a plant or maybe a fossil plant had been brought back here . . . then I discover nothing has been brought back to Earth! :P Just ignore me, I'm obviously having a senior moment! :lol:

6 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I don't remember that. I thought something like a plant or maybe a fossil plant had been brought back here . . . then I discover nothing has been brought back to Earth! :P Just ignore me, I'm obviously having a senior moment! :lol:

I think we had a thread on that. Maybe someone else will have luck finding it.

• Thanks 1

From what I remember they founds some rocks years and years ago on Mars that kinda, sorta looked like they had very microbial fossils on them but they could never be sure whether it was that or just some weird looking bits in the rocks that were created by something else than living creatures?

Maybe @ouija ouija is thinking of that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

From what I remember they founds some rocks years and years ago on Mars that kinda, sorta looked like they had very microbial fossils on them but they could never be sure whether it was that or just some weird looking bits in the rocks that were created by something else than living creatures?

Maybe @ouija ouija is thinking of that?

I believe I remember it. It was year 1996.

https://www.space.com/33690-allen-hills-mars-meteorite-alien-life-20-years.html

Twenty years ago, NASA scientists and their colleagues announced they had spotted possible signs of Mars life in a meteorite. The claim ignited a scientific controversy that lingers to this day.

Martian Meteorite ALH 84001 Image

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Ignore you at this thread, or you wish to be placed on the Ignore List? :unsure2:

:lol:

Whichever you feel more comfortable with :P

• Haha 1

So the story is....Once upon a time, long, long time ago, there was a Martian civilization quite like ours that discovered how to get to Earth...there was no life on Earth at the time...so, they introduced life to the planet...they never made it back though and the life evolved into dinosaurs and eventually humans.

The story continues that, in the same fashion the dinosaurs perished, a giant asteroid...all life on Mars subsequently perished in a very short period of time.   Full circle comes around, with the human species from Earth introducing life forms to Mars, which eventually evolve into dinosaurs and then eventually into a Martian civilization which discovers a way to get to Earth. What they find is a totally uninhabitable planet with no signs of life and so they introduce life to the planet once again.

Well, that's the story.

Edited by joc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

So the story is....Once upon a time, long, long time ago, there was a Martian civilization quite like ours that discovered how to get to Earth...there was no life on Earth at the time...so, they introduced life to the planet...they never made it back though and the life evolved into dinosaurs and eventually humans.

The story continues that, in the same fashion the dinosaurs perished, a giant asteroid...all life on Mars subsequently perished in a very short period of time.   Full circle comes around, with the human species from Earth introducing life forms to Mars, which eventually evolve into dinosaurs and then eventually into a Martian civilization which discovers a way to get to Earth. What they find is a totally uninhabitable planet with no signs of life and so they introduce life to the planet once again.

Well, that's the story.

Well it’s entirely possible I guess because after millions of years everything left behind on Mars would be mostly broken back down by now. So while their looking for carbon they should be looking for plastic.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

The reason I opened up this article was to make a similar comment. Since 1960 we know this already. Nasa doesn't bring anything new , with every mars mission they're wishi washy the same old.  Most like the scoop is to justify another mission and get more funding if they are truly on Mars but this is a whole different topic...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2022 at 7:45 AM, ouija ouija said:

or maybe you are remembering the future!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, joc said:

Well, that's the story.

The story I heard was that the people on Mars had a horrible destructive war and some of them were able to escape annihilation by coming to earth and terraforming to fit their environment before the nukes destroyed mars.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

The story I heard was that the people on Mars had a horrible destructive war and some of them were able to escape annihilation by coming to earth and terraforming to fit their environment before the nukes destroyed mars.

Well that's not the story I made up...errr...I mean heard....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, joc said:

Well that's not the story I made up...errr...I mean heard....

Look up Marduke.   It is another story that the planet crashed into some other planet in our solar system and created the asteroid belt and in the process wiped the martian atmosphere out, that was a different story of how martians moved to earth.   :lol:

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

It happened when another planet located between Jupiter and Saturn exploded . Part of it was captured by Saturn forming its rings, the other was ejected in the solar system. On earth had caused the dinosaur extinction. 

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/news/813/nasas-cassini-data-show-saturns-rings-relatively-new

"From our planet's perspective, that means Saturn's rings may have formed during the age of dinosaurs."

Edited by qxcontinuum