Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best Buy customer walks out with $3200 in goods

Scholar4Truth

The real surprise is why he paid, even for the goods...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, and-then said:

The real surprise is why he paid, even for the goods...

Hi And Then

He paid with his credit card first then was told he had to pay 11 cents afterwards. Obviously he wanted what he purchased but was annoyed at being asked after rather than during the purchase transaction. I always pay for the bags I use at stores and many times don’t take a bag if I can carry purchases without a bag

• Like 5

The title is a bit misleading. It gives one the thought that he stole the merchandise and walked out with it.

Could just be me though.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This article is so much first world drama.  The guy walked out with a laptop he purchased.  He didn't even need a bag in the first place..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Why is this even a story? Oh no, guy decided to carry things with his hands rather than pay 11 cents for a bag. Who in the hell cares.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's a name and shame because the bloke spent heaps of money but not $0.11.

Stupid. Some people are petty. Whoever wrote the article looks far more stupid than the bloke who didn't buy a bag. Backfired I'd say. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

That's not news, that's an informercial.

• Like 2

I do agree with everyone, i had a really horrible weekend and trying to get past it and when i read this stupid story what a total dbag i think the clerk is, i very well might be all askew in my thinking but if i was a cherk at a bestbuy and if some cat bought a 3200 laptop i wouldnt ask for 11 cents for a friggin bag, if it cost me my job so be it.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 6:44 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hi And Then

He paid with his credit card first then was told he had to pay 11 cents afterwards. Obviously he wanted what he purchased but was annoyed at being asked after rather than during the purchase transaction. I always pay for the bags I use at stores and many times don’t take a bag if I can carry purchases without a bag

Yeah, I got that part and respect him for his choice.  My point was about the overall trend that minimizes actual theft of goods.  I live in a part of the country where trying to just select what you want and walk away with it, could cost the person jail time, and possibly even some medical expenses ;) 

2 hours ago, and-then said:

Yeah, I got that part and respect him for his choice.  My point was about the overall trend that minimizes actual theft of goods.  I live in a part of the country where trying to just select what you want and walk away with it, could cost the person jail time, and possibly even some medical expenses ;) 

Hi And Then

Not sure I follow, usually you have to go through check out before you get to the door. He paid and had a receipt so not likely he would have been bothered. I don’t always take a bag unless there are to many items to fumble with and never have a problem leaving the store.

This thread title needs to be change as the implication is that he was stealing.   This shouldn't even be news as many of us have done similar things.