Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hawaii's Mauna Loa volcano erupting.

Myles

The world’s largest active volcano, Hawaii’s Mauna Loa, has started to erupt for the first time in nearly four decades, prompting volcanic ash and debris to fall nearby, authorities said Monday.

The eruption began at approximately 11:30 p.m. Sunday in Moku‘āweoweo, the summit caldera of the Mauna Loa volcano, inside Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park on the Big Island. 

As of 2:43 a.m. local time, "the eruption continues at the summit of Mauna Loa," according to the latest Hawaiian Volcano Observatory Status Report from the  U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). "All vents remain restricted to the summit area," the report said. "However, lava flows in the summit region are visible from Kona. There is currently no indication of any migration of the eruption into a rift zone."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hawaiis-mauna-loa-worlds-largest-active-volcano-starts-erupt-first-time-nearly-four-decades

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Myles said:

I've been to Maui a couple of times.  I really love it.

Hawaii a great place to visit and I have lots of family there, but it's like any other American tourist location. High crime, high prices and a ****ty school system full of derelicts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Hawaii a great place to visit and I have lots of family there, but it's like any other American tourist location. High crime, high prices and a ****ty school system full of derelicts. 

If I could afford it, I would live there.   Beautiful beaches, great weather year round and plenty to see and do.  You are not kidding on the high prices.  i don't doubt the high crime although I didn't see any the 3 times I was there.  Is it pretty much the same on any of the islands?  Wasn't sure if it was better or worse on some.  I've only been to Maui.

29 minutes ago, Myles said:

If I could afford it, I would live there.   Beautiful beaches, great weather year round and plenty to see and do.  You are not kidding on the high prices.  i don't doubt the high crime although I didn't see any the 3 times I was there.  Is it pretty much the same on any of the islands?  Wasn't sure if it was better or worse on some.  I've only been to Maui.

Three of my grandchildren go to school there. I was a bit disturbed by what I heard from them. It sounded like the Camden (NJ) School System and my first stepfather was born there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1