Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christians a minority in England

Portre

When the Son of Man comes will He find faith on the earth? (Luke 18.8)

• Like 1

Religion is mundane, faith is divine. I really feel sorry for the English. With all that clericalism around they clearly mistake God for something that He's not. It's even not that important whether you think you have faith in God or not, if you know that your life is not in vain and has some unclear meaning in the whole process of what's happening around you, then you actually do believe in God. In fact one just has to have such a faith to carry on living, especially when going through tough times. True faith is obtained through calamity and is always groundless but paradoxically it gives hope and the ground for life. May be it's all just madness but it helps to survive and sometimes even reach true happiness. So why not to believe? What disbelieve can give you that belief can not, besides depression?

Edited by Chaldon

This is great news!

So I ask, have they stumbled so as to fall? By no means! But through their stumbling salvation has come to the Atheists, so as to make the Christians jealous. Now if their stumbling means riches for the world, and if their defeat means riches for Atheists, how much more will their full inclusion mean!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, and-then said:

When the Son of Man comes will He find faith on the earth? (Luke 18.8)

Daniel 7:11-14

"11 I watched then because of the noise of the arrogant words that the horn was speaking. And as I watched, the beast was put to death, and its body destroyed and given over to be burned with fire. 12 As for the rest of the beasts, their dominion was taken away, but their lives were prolonged for a season and a time. 13 As I watched in the night visions,  I saw one like a human being  coming with the clouds of heaven. 

And he came to the Ancient One and was presented before him.  14 To him was given dominion  and glory and kingship, that all peoples, nations, and languages  should serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion  that shall not pass away, and his kingship is one  that shall never be destroyed."

• Thanks 1

As a religious person I struggle to separate Cristian values displayed by non religious vs religious . The non religious seems to be conducted by a set of rules and intern code of conduct making them trustworthy and good friends while religious people seem to struggle respecting those values...

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 2

From the OP link.

Some 46.2% of the population of England and Wales described themselves as Christian on the day of the 2021 census, down from 59.3% a decade earlier. The Muslim population grew from 4.9% to 6.5% of the total, while 1.7% identified as Hindu, up from 1.5%.

More than 1 in 3 people — 37% — said they had no religion, up from 25% in 2011.

And when it is just the non-religious and the Muslims, the liberals will allow the poor slighted Muslims to take over government. And then they all will be Muslims.

(Not entirely sarcasm)

There are areas of the UK that are already mostly ran under Sharia law, rather then national law. At least according to the internet.

Almost 82% of people in England and Wales identified as white in the census, down from 86% in 2011. Some 9% said they were Asian, 4% Black and 3% from “mixed or multiple” ethnic backgrounds, while 2% identified with another ethnic group.

I wonder where the 6.5% Muslims figure into that? Do they count as "White", or "Black", or "Asian"? I'm thinking Asian.

Edited by DieChecker

50 minutes ago, Phantom309 said:

Sounds like things are moving in the right direction then...!636063735_Churchesconvertingtobars.jpg.aeb061af1b3dc3dd25757faf8bd0d743.jpg

MIght as well. Better then leaving them just sitting there.

• Like 3

On 12/3/2022 at 8:25 PM, DieChecker said:

From the OP link.

And when it is just the non-religious and the Muslims, the liberals will allow the poor slighted Muslims to take over government. And then they all will be Muslims.

(Not entirely sarcasm)

There are areas of the UK that are already mostly ran under Sharia law, rather then national law. At least according to the internet.

I wonder where the 6.5% Muslims figure into that? Do they count as "White", or "Black", or "Asian"? I'm thinking Asian.

With 6.5%?

As for white, black, asian...what does have a race to do with a religion? Since when are muslims non whites?

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2022 at 12:08 AM, qxcontinuum said:

As a religious person I struggle to separate Cristian values displayed by non religious vs religious . The non religious seems to be conducted by a set of rules and intern code of conduct making them trustworthy and good friends while religious people seem to struggle respecting those values...

As a non religious muslim (in my own way) I too find that non religious muslims, christians, jews...have way more common sense and are far better connected whit each other and with others than the religious people. Religion was supposed to connect not divide. It failed misserably.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, odas said:

As a non religious muslim (in my own way) I too find that non religious muslims, christians, jews...have way more common sense and are far better connected whit each other and with others than the religious people. Religion was supposed to connect not divide. It failed misserably.

Religion/s only help those of the same pack mentality. Everyone else is an outsider. Unless they join a particular cult.

• Like 4

On 11/29/2022 at 9:17 AM, Portre said:

Well, for a country with one religion embedded into the government for so long it is interesting that 37% admit they have no religion.   

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, for a country with one religion embedded into the government for so long it is interesting that 37% admit they have no religion.   

That's why. It was shoved down their throats.

Have you noticed people born into religions many times run from them?

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Piney said:

That's why. It was shoved down their throats.

Have you noticed people born into religions many times run from them?

It is a positive trend especially with the youth but not exclusivly. In Bosnia about 70% of muslims are just like me, non religious yet still muslims. I thought the number was smaller but turns out it is the majority which does and does not suprise me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, odas said:

It is a positive trend especially with the youth but not exclusivly. In Bosnia about 70% of muslims are just like me, non religious yet still muslims. I thought the number was smaller but turns out it is the majority which does and does not suprise me. 

All the convinced Quakers are really spiritual and all the birthrights like me are atheist or Deist. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Piney said:

All the convinced Quakers are really spiritual and all the birthrights like me are atheist or Deist. 

Nothing wrong to be a devoted christian, jew, muslim, hindu....most of the real devoted religious people are good people who understand that their faith is theirs only. It is the organized religion that is dangerous. They all make up laws as they go and impose the religious doctrine that only fits them.

The vast majority of hardcore religious people don't even know what their books say because they are groomed not to think or question.

Speaking about my religion, Islam, there is a reason why the likes of taliban or ayatolahs or the arabic wahabis do not allow girls to schools and boys cannot read anything else then the quran. Even then they are only allowed to repeat what they were told hence they do not understand the message. Which is competely the opposite of what the quran is telling.

Anyway, in my opinion, the best is to keep your faith to yourself without forcing others to believe. That is the only right way for a true religious person. Everything else is just lies, corruption, powergrab...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, odas said:

Anyway, in my opinion, the best is to keep your faith to yourself without forcing others to believe. That is the only right way for a true religious person. Everything else is just lies, corruption, powergrab...

On this we can agree.

• Like 4

Organized religion is mind control. Some will always find a way to control our minds, behaviours, acts...We can say the same about politic dogma or a political and sociatel dogma. 

In communism they teach you that hard work is good for you and the society. It is the same that Capitalsm promotes. But none of them cares about you, your health, your family, your freedom, desires, hopes. Same as organized religion. No wonder that the youth is oppising both, religion and "hard work". It does not benefit them, only the higher ups. We can learn from our youth.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, odas said:

Organized religion is mind control. Some will always find a way to control our minds, behaviours, acts...We can say the same about politic dogma or a political and sociatel dogma. 

In communism they teach you that hard work is good for you and the society. It is the same that Capitalsm promotes. But none of them cares about you, your health, your family, your freedom, desires, hopes. Same as organized religion. No wonder that the youth is oppising both, religion and "hard work". It does not benefit them, only the higher ups. We can learn from our youth.

Very astute observation odas.

I might add mind control and power...and plenty of extra $$$ as a result generated on the side, but not talked about much. 

Organized Crime.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Phantom309 said:

Very astute observation odas.

I might add mind control and power...and plenty of extra $$$ as a result generated on the side, but not talked about much. 

Organized Crime.jpeg

Very true. I trust todays youth will make a difference in that aspect in the near future. All they have to do is to look at us and all the harm we have done to others, even to our own family members, in the name of religion, in the name of our religious Capos. 

• Like 2

I guess I was ahead of the curve. I went through the motions, but never believed. I told my family when I was about ten and quit going to church about fifty years ago.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

It is interesting though that we have people who identify as Muslim culturally, but don't practice the rituals, and likewise Jews, who are still considered Muslims/Jews. But people who discontinue going to church don't culturally identify as Christian, but as non-religious. I'm sure there's plenty of exceptions, but I do find it interesting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

It is interesting though that we have people who identify as Muslim culturally, but don't practice the rituals, and likewise Jews, who are still considered Muslims/Jews. But people who discontinue going to church don't culturally identify as Christian, but as non-religious. I'm sure there's plenty of exceptions, but I do find it interesting.

Not all christians who don't go to church identify as non-religious and the same goes for muslims and jewish people don't practice their religion might also claim to be non-religious.   It is not something you can lump into big generic groups.   I have a lot of christian relatives who do not practice their religion as far as attending services and doing rituals, but still identify as christian.   It is a cultural thing just as you label muslims and jews.   

• Like 6