Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dutch Government To Seize And Close 3,000 Farms To Comply With EU Environmental Rules

itsnotoutthere

The Dutch government is planning to buy and close down up to 3,000 farms near environmentally sensitive areas to be in compliance with EU environmental rules.

It comes after farmer protests erupted this summer following a government plan to reduce nitrogen emissions by 50% by 2030, The New York Times reported. Farmers believe the measure unfairly targeted the agricultural sector, which is responsible for the largest portion of nitrogen emissions in the Netherlands, the Times added.

In response to the decision, Executive Director of Consumers’ Research Will Hild told the Daily Caller “The Netherland’s war on farmers to pursue their ESG agenda serves as a stark warning. Americans should be vigilant against efforts by both governments and big Wall Street firms like BlackRock pushing these same dangerous “net zero” carbon emissions targets here in the US.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/11/28/dutch-government-seize-3000-farms-eu-environmental-rules/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

I would take a buyout and run if given market value for my farm. My stepfather/uncle sold my grandmother's and retired.

Most commercial farms are big enough if they buy you out you never have to work again. 

But if they started planting forest gardens, they would have almost a zero carbon footprint and actually help cool the planet. 

As for this happening in the US. Not a chance. 

• Like 4

The destruction of the current order is going to plan.  Millions will eventually perish due to the quest to "save the environment" and no one will be held accountable.  The things these people are doing intentionally, are despicable and I expect some parts of America to rise up against it.  I live in a semi-rural part of the state where if we lost EVERYTHING from outside the region, we could still farm enough to survive quite handily.  That situation will be interfered with at some point, after the major goals of consolidation of control have been achieved.  This stuff is pure EVIL and those who think otherwise will likely live to rue their naivete. 

I truly believe that we are on course for a major collapse in less than 5 years.  In fact, if the DC posse can't take Trump down and it becomes apparent that he will win, FTM, even if he quit and backed DeSantis, those who funded the chaos in the summer of 2020 will be in the streets again.  Down here, we're beginning to talk seriously about the day after and how we can take care of our own.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Piney said:

I would take a buyout and run if given market value for my farm. My stepfather/uncle sold my grandmother's and retired.

Most commercial farms are big enough if they buy you out you never have to work again. 

But if they started planting forest gardens, they would have almost a zero carbon footprint and actually help cool the planet. 

As for this happening in the US. Not a chance. 

Hi Piney

They have much smaller farms in Europe than we do here. I remember when some relatives came for a reunion to meet the western branch of they family that we in awe of the sizes of farms our family have here.

Yes a buyouts can let someone retire but think that it would be difficult for some because of family roots/heritage.

Many of the farms and estates owned by my family members have been owned and lived on for over 500 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a backwards step. The amount of healthy fresh food reduced in the name of "got to, climate change innit" while majority industrial complexes away from agriculture continue.

Something like 90% of all processed food is made by the same top 10 companies BUT when you look deeper, they're owned by... 3 or 4 financiers, one if which is Blackrock. It is so convenient that their competitors are getting assets seized by the very governments that they lobby. Nothing to see here!!!

• Thanks 3