Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump special master overturned by appeals court in Mar-a-Lago documents case


Grim Reaper 6
 Share

Recommended Posts

A panel of judges on the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Thursday to overturn the appointment of a special master tasked with reviewing thousands of documents seized by the FBI from former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate this summer. The ruling by the three-judge panel, including two Trump appointees, goes into effect in seven days, absent intervention by the full circuit court or the Supreme Court. Thursday's opinion makes clear the appellate judges' belief that Cannon stepped widely outside of her jurisdiction in appointing the special master.

The law is clear," the judges found. "We cannot write a rule that allows any subject of a search warrant to block government investigations after the execution of the warrant. Nor can we write a rule that allows only former presidents to do so." The order effectively eliminates what federal authorities had described as a major obstacle in their ongoing criminal investigation into whether Trump illegally retained highly classified records after leaving the presidency and obstructed efforts by the government to recover them. He denies wrongdoing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-special-master-overturned-by-appeals-court-in-mar-a-lago-documents-case/ar-AA14ND1C?cvid=5adb1d428536468dbc2ecf5712645028

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
2 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

The law is clear," the judges found. "We cannot write a rule that allows any subject of a search warrant to block government investigations after the execution of the warrant. Nor can we write a rule that allows only former presidents to do so."

Fair enough.  These attacks against Trump are looking more and more obviously a type of "flailing away" trying anything and everything to stop the man from running again.  The FBI has already admitted that nothing they collected from MAL was of any serious intel value that would jeopardize our security so they look to be risking some serious precedents being set that almost certainly is going to bite them in the future.  Possibly the very NEAR future.  

So... review the documents.  If he broke a law, charge him.  If the goal is to damage his support, not gonna happen, and if the goal is to try to disqualify him from running, that is impossible.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, come now, Bats... I made about 4 separate points.  Which one(s) were funny, and why?  

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, and-then said:

Fair enough.  These attacks against Trump are looking more and more obviously a type of "flailing away" trying anything and everything to stop the man from running again.  The FBI has already admitted that nothing they collected from MAL was of any serious intel value that would jeopardize our security so they look to be risking some serious precedents being set that almost certainly is going to bite them in the future.  Possibly the very NEAR future.  

So... review the documents.  If he broke a law, charge him.  If the goal is to damage his support, not gonna happen, and if the goal is to try to disqualify him from running, that is impossible.  

You remind me of a lil kid going to the mall to see easter bunny or santa, no one cares if trump runs because only the most deepest delusioned folks think he will do anything but loose yet again and bigly.

However you are sadly right about one thing in a way trump ahem BOM could waddle up to your house kill your dog and family burn your house to the ground and you would defend him and still dend knee worship & support him.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, and-then said:

Fair enough.  These attacks against Trump are looking more and more obviously a type of "flailing away" trying anything and everything to stop the man from running again.  The FBI has already admitted that nothing they collected from MAL was of any serious intel value that would jeopardize our security so they look to be risking some serious precedents being set that almost certainly is going to bite them in the future.  Possibly the very NEAR future.

I think in reality many Republican Representatives don’t want to see him run again. His support within the Republican Party no longer view him like they once did, let’s be honest he scares the hell out of them because he is very unpredictable and his goals reflect what he wants more than what the party wants. No matter how classified or not the documents are, it appears that the DOJ is going to indict him. I think that the reason they will indict him is because of all the difficulties he has caused them, I think if he would have come clean in the beginning this would not be a issue now.

8 minutes ago, and-then said:

So... review the documents.  If he broke a law, charge him.  If the goal is to damage his support, not gonna happen, and if the goal is to try to disqualify him from running, that is impossible.  

I agree they will not stop him from running in 2024, I suppose the question is will he get the Republican nomination. But, I am not a fortuneteller so I suppose time will tell. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I think in reality many Republican Representatives don’t want to see him run again. His support within the Republican Party no longer view him like they once did, let’s be honest he scares the hell out of them because he is very unpredictable and his goals reflect what he wants more than what the party wants. No matter how classified or not the documents are, it appears that the DOJ is going to indict him. I think that the reason they will indict him is because of all the difficulties he has caused them, I think if he would have come clean in the beginning this would not be a issue now.

I agree they will not stop him from running in 2024, I suppose the question is will he get the Republican nomination. But, I am not a fortuneteller so I suppose time will tell. 

If i heard correctly trump is teaming up with Ye and that trumps base are delighted and T and ye might go indy. Folks like andthen will fund it.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

However you are sadly right about one thing in a way trump ahem BOM could waddle up to your house kill your dog and family burn your house to the ground and you would defend him and still dend knee worship & support him.

Now see, this is my main problem with those who hate the man with a vengeance.  It's your right to decide how you feel about him, I don't question that.  I think a lot of it is media-induced, but whatever.  My problem is you make assumptions about those who support him that are just that - ASSUMPTIONS.  First, I can guarantee you that someone shoots my dog, I don't give a damn who it is, he/she will be lucky to survive it.  

Where, in my previous statement did I say anything about voting for him?  Hmm?  I simply made the point - and if you disagree, you should try to support it with facts - that these measures that are being taken against the man have a real chance of setting painful precedents for future presidents.  Those who ignore that should try to recall what McConnell said to Reid during Obama's terms.  The Rs were causing his judicial appointments to be held up with the filibuster and Reid invoked the "Nuclear Option".  Mitch told old Harry that he might come to regret that move - "sooner than you think".  Trump comes along and Mitch goes nuclear and Trump sets the court for a few decades.  Precedents matter.

As for saying I "worship the man" that's just an opinion, no better or worse than any other.  IF you folks were interested AT ALL in actually understanding why he is supported despite all of the insanity, you could have figured it out in his first year.  You actually increased it far beyond what he normally would have had.  But it's easier to be simplistic and to join in with the tribal fun of mocking TENS OF MILLIONS of other Americans as though a number that large can be effectively generalized.  Frankly, it's a childish thing to engage in.

I was just arguing on another site with someone just like you.  He was totally convinced that DeSantis is going to be the nominee and Trump had become a joke to the majority of Republicans.  I think he cited a single poll.  What he - and you - don't grasp is that ANYONE but a Democrat in the Biden/Obama mold will be better for the country.  If Trump runs and is primaried, I'll vote for him because of all the sheet you folks put him through.  He DESERVES that vote, but I'll also vote for the nominee, whoever it is.  Maybe instead of mocking, it might be helpful to wonder why the entire DC establishment and 95+% of the world media are so dedicated and determined to stop one guy who they say is an idiot?  

Then ask yourself if you support the PTB and look forward to the future they have in mind.  I'd say anyone who thinks the past two years is an improvement over 2017-2020, is a politically tribal, irrational individual.  But, that's just my opinion.  I know that down here on the coast and in the panhandle, a lot of average people are beginning to talk and look into actions to defend their way of life after the coming collapse.  The things being done to our economy are unsustainable and it's obvious now that that is intentional.  Neighborhood/community activism, best utilization of local farm land for local food supplies, even do it ourself joint-security to stave off what will be flooding in from Mobile 50 miles away and Pensacola, 35 miles away.  THAT is where a lot of people are these days.  Those who actually want what DC is pushing, are welcome to it.  Good luck with that...

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

If i heard correctly trump is teaming up with Ye and that trumps base are delighted and T and ye might go indy. Folks like andthen will fund it.

I am staying out of this one Bats.:D

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I think that the reason they will indict him is because of all the difficulties he has caused them,

Do you deny that many other former presidents did precisely the same thing once out of office?  Because there is NO doubt that they did.  Recall that in the summer we heard multiple accusations from the anonymous sources that he'd brought a stash of nuclear codes to sell?  They finally admitted that wasn't true but only after about 3 months of saying it.  With your military background, you should have known that was ridiculous, instantly.  Those codes are changed exceptionally often.  It was just another gambit to get people fired up about Trump.  It's been going on for 6 years now and if he runs, it will continue until he either loses or wins.

This attack - and that's exactly what it is - isn't based on any real jeopardy for the country.  The only jeopardy is the status quo for those in DC who know he will ruin their games if he gets re-elected.  I won't bother trying to convince anyone about his viability.  He either will or won't be the nominee.  The one point that so many on the Left ignore is that IF they REALLY believed what they are saying about his support, they wouldn't be spending the time or the money and effort to keep coming at him.  It'd be a waste.  They'd just be trashing him online and in media pieces, making fun of him. 

They aren't stopping with that.  It's obvious that they are fully invested in making sure, NOT that he cannot win, but that he cannot even run.  Those are not the actions of a confident party.  What it DOES imply is that these people fear him.  Not because the guy is a totalitarian.  I'd challenge anyone who says that to cite one (1), any SINGLE action he took to shut down media, put guard troops in the streets where Federal Buildings were being subjected to arson, the use of the military or even FBI to crush 9 months of protests.  NOT ONE TIME did he even attempt it.   So, when they preach fear that he's a despot, they're lying, plain and simple.

I have one question.  IF he wins the nomination and wins the election in '24, will you support him as president?  More importantly, if those elements on the Left begin to cause widespread violent protests in major cities as a way of stopping him from governing, would you agree with them and support that kind of action?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, the13bats said:

If i heard correctly trump is teaming up with Ye and that trumps base are delighted and T and ye might go indy. Folks like andthen will fund it.

Link?  Last I heard, Trump had called him out as a "seriously troubled man".  So, again, you play the fool rather than even try to engage on facts.  It's a bad look for an adult, just sayin'

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, and-then said:

Now see, this is my main problem with those who hate the man with a vengeance.  It's your right to decide how you feel about him, I don't question that.  I think a lot of it is media-induced, but whatever.  My problem is you make assumptions about those who support him that are just that - ASSUMPTIONS.  First, I can guarantee you that someone shoots my dog, I don't give a damn who it is, he/she will be lucky to survive it.  

Where, in my previous statement did I say anything about voting for him?  Hmm?  I simply made the point - and if you disagree, you should try to support it with facts - that these measures that are being taken against the man have a real chance of setting painful precedents for future presidents.  Those who ignore that should try to recall what McConnell said to Reid during Obama's terms.  The Rs were causing his judicial appointments to be held up with the filibuster and Reid invoked the "Nuclear Option".  Mitch told old Harry that he might come to regret that move - "sooner than you think".  Trump comes along and Mitch goes nuclear and Trump sets the court for a few decades.  Precedents matter.

As for saying I "worship the man" that's just an opinion, no better or worse than any other.  IF you folks were interested AT ALL in actually understanding why he is supported despite all of the insanity, you could have figured it out in his first year.  You actually increased it far beyond what he normally would have had.  But it's easier to be simplistic and to join in with the tribal fun of mocking TENS OF MILLIONS of other Americans as though a number that large can be effectively generalized.  Frankly, it's a childish thing to engage in.

I was just arguing on another site with someone just like you.  He was totally convinced that DeSantis is going to be the nominee and Trump had become a joke to the majority of Republicans.  I think he cited a single poll.  What he - and you - don't grasp is that ANYONE but a Democrat in the Biden/Obama mold will be better for the country.  If Trump runs and is primaried, I'll vote for him because of all the sheet you folks put him through.  He DESERVES that vote, but I'll also vote for the nominee, whoever it is.  Maybe instead of mocking, it might be helpful to wonder why the entire DC establishment and 95+% of the world media are so dedicated and determined to stop one guy who they say is an idiot?  

Then ask yourself if you support the PTB and look forward to the future they have in mind.  I'd say anyone who thinks the past two years is an improvement over 2017-2020, is a politically tribal, irrational individual.  But, that's just my opinion.  I know that down here on the coast and in the panhandle, a lot of average people are beginning to talk and look into actions to defend their way of life after the coming collapse.  The things being done to our economy are unsustainable and it's obvious now that that is intentional.  Neighborhood/community activism, best utilization of local farm land for local food supplies, even do it ourself joint-security to stave off what will be flooding in from Mobile 50 miles away and Pensacola, 35 miles away.  THAT is where a lot of people are these days.  Those who actually want what DC is pushing, are welcome to it.  Good luck with that...

I see you are passinate in your delusions and misconceptions.

I didnt put trump thru anything i dont know the man he doesnt know me, no, my opinions do not come from media they come from things ive heard trump say and post from subjects like yourself.

M

So trump better leave your dog alone.

You admitted that you would vote for trump not because hes good for the country ( hes not ) but because you dont like how he was treated yet want me to not see that as blind worship, good luck with that.

So if trump runs indy and GOP use desanctimonious or who ever will you support GOP or trump?

Also i see what that other meant by how you put some words in caps like you are so seriously emphasizing that word, trust me it just looks silly.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, and-then said:

Link?  Last I heard, Trump had called him out as a "seriously troubled man".  So, again, you play the fool rather than even try to engage on facts.  It's a bad look for an adult, just sayin'

You didnt put a word into caps?

I said

50 minutes ago, the13bats said:

If i heard correctly

And you ask for a link yet you said,

26 minutes ago, and-then said:

Last I heard

And you forgot to post that all important ( to you ) link. Not your most "adult" post but rather hypocritical.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Guys, I am out of this conversation for the time being and I would appreciate it if you both would please try to stay on topic I don’t want this thread closedown.

Thanks

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Guys, I am out of this conversation for the time being and I would appreciate it if you both would please try to stay on topic I don’t want this thread closedown.

Thanks

Tell you what since you who started it are bailing on it then i will too as i am just not able to make sure my every post is acceptable in this thread.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.