Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Robbie Williams contemplated career as a UFO hunter after seeing one himself

UM-Bot

Wow!  I must be old, I never heard of Take That, nor Robbie Williams.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

The only mystery here is the search for Robbie Williams’s talent.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

To be honest, as a Brit of a certain age there is nothing I'd like more than to ridicule this clown. But, he is in the end of Corbell's Skinwalker doc which leads me to believe he is funding some the studies into these phenomenon. Whether he, or we think they are alien or otherwise doesn't matter. He's putting his money where it counts. Still......f##kin Robbie Williams.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Wow!  I must be old, I never heard of Take That, nor Robbie Williams.

Or you are too young to have heard.

The music is cool though.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, NCC1701 said:

Or you are too young to have heard.

The music is cool though.

Maybe it is because I am not British.  Boy bands were "after my time", they weren't called "boy bands" until the 80's or I never heard that until then.

On 12/2/2022 at 7:24 PM, Gumball said:

To be honest, as a Brit of a certain age there is nothing I'd like more than to ridicule this clown. But, he is in the end of Corbell's Skinwalker doc which leads me to believe he is funding some the studies into these phenomenon. Whether he, or we think they are alien or otherwise doesn't matter. He's putting his money where it counts. Still......f##kin Robbie Williams.

Skinwalker is absolute rubbish and i guess i will seem derelict on my carreer but i have been in the club music biz almost 40 years and never heard of this cat.

I think Robbie's sighting, his response, and his attitude are surprisingly sane for someone in his position.  What would you do in the same situation? Everyone thinks they will be the soul of rationality, but when confronted by something that seems to confound reason, you just can't tell.  I often wonder how many hyper-rationalists are actually hiding their experiences because they are afraid of being judged the way they judge others. 

I am guilty of hearing so many "stories" with no evidence i didnt read the link until now and its a typical fluffy empty story imnsho.

"I am with a young lady - it was over 17 years ago, because i've been with my wife for 17 years - and we were on two hotel loungers in my room in the garden looking up at the stars."

No where does he make any comment about what the young lady thought and of course we dont have here telling her story first hand.

It was cool that rather than make a ridculous unsupported leap from he didnt know to aliens he stays down to earth and blames experimental secret craft.

Going by his claims the object wasnt too large but floated by and this was supposedly in Beverly hills and he a self proclaimed "UFO" investigator makes no mention of ever researching to try to collaborate or explain the event yet he and other believers fear embarrassment when telling tales like this.

I recall the late john Bindernagel an empty handed bigfoot believer used to bray about BF witnesses would be ridiculed so they would stop telling tales. I dont support outright insulting a person for telling a story however most do not let it end there they want to insist what they saw could only be blah blah and we are stupid for not beliving their stories at face value they in most cases get cross for being asked for evidence or proof and why?

Because no one ever has proof all we get are stories.

13 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

I think Robbie's sighting, his response, and his attitude are surprisingly sane for someone in his position.

I've seen lots of strange things in the sky doing astrophotography.

13 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

What would you do in the same situation?

I would not consider a career in something I wasn't qualified for in a field that is already full of amateurs wasting their time and money.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, astrobeing said:

I've seen lots of strange things in the sky doing astrophotography

Were there things that you do not know what it was so you go with unknown or did you figure out what they all really were?

23 hours ago, the13bats said:

Skinwalker is absolute rubbish and i guess i will seem derelict on my carreer but i have been in the club music biz almost 40 years and never heard of this cat.

He was one of the original members of Take That in the early to mid 90s.  He broke off on his own and in Britain (at least) is unfortunately one of the biggest selling low talent bums to have murdered music.  Again, whether we agree or not that any of this is real, he is putting his money where his mouth is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gumball said:

He was one of the original members of Take That in the early to mid 90s.  He broke off on his own and in Britain (at least) is unfortunately one of the biggest selling low talent bums to have murdered music.  Again, whether we agree or not that any of this is real, he is putting his money where his mouth is.

Okay here we got the blink 182 singer delounge? all into UFOs.

This williams guy pouring money into his hobby thats super but his story is full of holes. No, his moeny drop didnt prove a word of his claims.

17 hours ago, the13bats said:

Were there things that you do not know what it was so you go with unknown or did you figure out what they all really were?

There were things that we figured out, things that had possible explanations, and things that we could not explain because our observations didn't provide us with enough information.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, the13bats said:

Okay here we got the blink 182 singer delounge? all into UFOs.

This williams guy pouring money into his hobby thats super but his story is full of holes. No, his moeny drop didnt prove a word of his claims.

I never said it did.  These guys have had experiences that they believe are real.  We, as observers weren't there at these incidents.  I don't think it was aliens, not my point.  I think in that story RW says he thought it was a military vehicle.  My point here, again is not the validity of their commitments but the fact they are willing to fund investigations to try get to the bottom of them.  Fair enough, I don't like him as a musician but if he wants to invest in studies  then good on him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, astrobeing said:

There were things that we figured out, things that had possible explanations, and things that we could not explain because our observations didn't provide us with enough information.

Did you see anything you considered to be aliens?

11 hours ago, Gumball said:

I never said it did.  These guys have had experiences that they believe are real.  We, as observers weren't there at these incidents.  I don't think it was aliens, not my point.  I think in that story RW says he thought it was a military vehicle.  My point here, again is not the validity of their commitments but the fact they are willing to fund investigations to try get to the bottom of them.  Fair enough, I don't like him as a musician but if he wants to invest in studies  then good on him.

Experiences are only stories without supportive evidence no matter how much $$$ is thrown at the story.

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

Experiences are only stories without supportive evidence no matter how much $$$ is thrown at the story.

How would you feel if you had a strange experience that you have no explanation for and you tell someone, and they denigrate you for even thinking you had that experience.  It is a story to you, but if someone actually experienced it, it is more than that.   Maybe it is mental, maybe it is misunderstood, maybe it really is unexplainable.    It doesn't matter, if all you are going to do is denigrate someone for having an experience that they have no explanation for.   I agree, that going first to "ghosts" or "aliens from outer space" is not rational, rather more wishful, but the experience is not debateble, and the interpretation of the experience is only debatable if one asks for other's ideas of what it might be.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

"Williams, whose interest in the UFO phenomenon needs little introduction, confessed that he had even considered giving up his career as a successful solo artist to pursue his passion for all things unexplained.

The only thing that stopped him was what he believed to be the inevitable "embarrassing and degrading" reaction of the press if he should have "come out as a tin foil hat sort of person".

Seems like his ability to anticipate a negative response was spot on. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

How would you feel if you had a strange experience that you have no explanation for and you tell someone, and they denigrate you for even thinking you had that experience.  It is a story to you, but if someone actually experienced it, it is more than that.   Maybe it is mental, maybe it is misunderstood, maybe it really is unexplainable.    It doesn't matter, if all you are going to do is denigrate someone for having an experience that they have no explanation for.   I agree, that going first to "ghosts" or "aliens from outer space" is not rational, rather more wishful, but the experience is not debateble, and the interpretation of the experience is only debatable if one asks for other's ideas of what it might be.

I just saw something about the movie "Nope" and reminded me to post something in one of these threads. The first daytime shot of the UFO in that movie freaked me the eff out. It's the only movie representation that actually chilled me because of what I've seen in bright daylight. It wasn't exact, but hit that nail hard. It even brought back nightmares I've had the moment that scene came on. Carry on...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

How would you feel if you had a strange experience that you have no explanation for and you tell someone, and they denigrate you for even thinking you had that experience.

That would depend on whom I'm telling the story to. Also it would depend on what "denigrate" means because they may know something I don't.

Edited by astrobeing
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, the13bats said:

But that is why these guys are throwing $$$ at it.  Which one last time is my point.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Gumball said:

But that is why these guys are throwing $$$ at it.  Which one last time is my point.

Right, but the money doesnt stick its wasted, aliens, ghosts, bigfoot etc likely billions have been spent and yet none of it has any supportive evidence where there should be lots of evidence.