Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Robbie Williams contemplated career as a UFO hunter after seeing one himself

UM-Bot

1 hour ago, astrobeing said:

That would depend on whom I'm telling the story to. Also it would depend on what "denigrate" means because they may know something I don't.

I am not talking about someone explaining something to you, I am talking about someone telling you that you are "crazy" or making stuff up.   That is what denigrate means.   Educate is different than denigrate.  Dictionary.com can be your friend.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Right, but the money doesnt stick its wasted, aliens, ghosts, bigfoot etc likely billions have been spent and yet none of it has any supportive evidence where there should be lots of evidence.

I disagree. Not ghosts or Bigfoot but there are plenty of witnesses, testimony and footage of UFOs. Not Aliens we agree but still not easily explainable.  At least these folk are trying to do public studies.  Things we can at least see and judge.  Aye I'll accept that a lot of it his made to seem more like entertainment than study but at least we can still review it. 

Edited by Gumball
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

How would you feel if you had a strange experience that you have no explanation for and you tell someone, and they denigrate you for even thinking you had that experience.  It is a story to you, but if someone actually experienced it, it is more than that.   Maybe it is mental, maybe it is misunderstood, maybe it really is unexplainable.    It doesn't matter, if all you are going to do is denigrate someone for having an experience that they have no explanation for.   I agree, that going first to "ghosts" or "aliens from outer space" is not rational, rather more wishful, but the experience is not debateble, and the interpretation of the experience is only debatable if one asks for other's ideas of what it might be.

I dont know how i would feel but before you paint me as some wicked monster at least walk the middle line, ive never jumped to denigrate anyone for telling a story about an experence they claim to have. I agree its real to them but it doesnt make it reality. When i tell a story on here i dont go into it expecting to be believed yet most peoole who come tell some extraordinary tale already believe it can only be whatever paranormal explanation they have made an unsupported leap to and if asked for supportive evidence or if other prosaic explanations are offered they get offended and cross.

I dont "debate" anything but an alleged experence sure can be doubted and more so if there is no supportive evidence and tge story teller has already maded up and closed their minds that paranormal is the only possible explanation.

Sorry im just not an enabler or credulous and without supportive evidence its only a story and to jump from "i dont know" to "so it must be paranormal" is rather riduculous okay if that makes me an evil monster so be it.

15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I am not talking about someone explaining something to you, I am talking about someone telling you that you are "crazy" or making stuff up.   That is what denigrate means.   Educate is different than denigrate.  Dictionary.com can be your friend.

Yet when people do share extraordinary tales mental illness, making it up, are actual proven explanations as are hoaxes or simply ignorant to what the person saw you know unknow to them but not paranormal. Paranormal has yet to be a proven explanation for anything.

I have said in a few threads here that i thought the person was full of bull or mental and that was my opinion based on what the person said how they acted etc and i didnt go there until they forced me to think that way.

21 minutes ago, Gumball said:

I disagree. Not ghosts or Bigfoot but there are plenty of witnesses, testimony and footage of UFOs. Not Aliens we agree but still not easily explainable.  At least these folk are trying to do public studies.  Things we can at least see and judge.  Aye I'll accept that a lot of it his made to seem more like entertainment than study but at least we can still review it. 

"Aye" Are you a pirate? i know a guy who says "yar" a lot he thinks hes a pirate.

Anyway no rational person denies UFO by definition exist some are explained so no longer unidentified, others remain unexplained but not once has a UFO been explained ( and proven ) to be aliens.

You can go to clickbait claptrap all you desire ill stick to accredited science.

17 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

You'd think educate and denigrate is the same word around here. Whenever someone tries to explain to a poster that something they saw might have a non-alien explanation, they get insulted and yell that they're not crazy.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

You'd think educate and denigrate is the same word around here. Whenever someone tries to explain to a poster that something they saw might have a non-alien explanation, they get insulted and yell that they're not crazy.

It depends on how you word it.   If you are honestly trying to educate and they respond with insults then don't bother, they don't want to learn anything, walk away.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It depends on how you word it.   If you are honestly trying to educate and they respond with insults then don't bother, they don't want to learn anything, walk away.

Should I walk away when they start giving me unsolicited advice?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, astrobeing said:

Should I walk away when they start giving me unsolicited advice?

It would make more sense, and I wouldn't be insulted, I give unsolicited advice all the time.

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

We lost one of the most educating knowledgeable members because no matter how he tried to educate it was taken as insult by the ignorant whose egos wouldnt allow them to accept they were wrong and or he was attacked for trying, so he got fed up and "walked away" its the forums loss not his.

Lately youve been giving a lot of unsolicited advice on how people should post etc i believe you forget we are all different with different thoughts and opinions and this is an open discussion forum i dont go out of my way to insult but i also might not coddle as much as some desire.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

We lost one of the most educating knowledgeable members because no matter how he tried to educate it was taken as insult by the ignorant whose egos wouldnt allow them to accept they were wrong and or he was attacked for trying, so he got fed up and "walked away" its the forums loss not his.

Lately youve been giving a lot of unsolicited advice on how people should post etc i believe you forget we are all different with different thoughts and opinions and this is an open discussion forum i dont go out of my way to insult but i also might not coddle as much as some desire.

It just seems like everyone keeps beating a dead horse, maybe that is what I am doing too.   There are a lot of interesting people on this forum and there are a lot of trolls and quite a few who want everyone to agree with everything they post.   Some of them get ugly, yet there are people responding over and over to the same tripe.   And any unsolicited advice I give is usually triggered from that.   I realize something I posted a while back you took personally, but it was just something you said triggered something for me (not what you said but the subject and all the back and forth).   I don't care if anyone follows any of my advice, except maybe if I am trying to keep someone from stepping into traffic.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It just seems like everyone keeps beating a dead horse, maybe that is what I am doing too.   There are a lot of interesting people on this forum and there are a lot of trolls and quite a few who want everyone to agree with everything they post.   Some of them get ugly, yet there are people responding over and over to the same tripe.   And any unsolicited advice I give is usually triggered from that. I realize something I posted a while back you took personally, but it was just something you said triggered something for me (not what you said but the subject and all the back and forth).   I don't care if anyone follows any of my advice, except maybe if I am trying to keep someone from stepping into traffic.

After a while you come off like a superior nagging just posting to scold i say that will no disrespect meant. We all beat dead horses on here my go to sections are slow so i pop into politics and you know i dont take any of that serious.

I dont think we have too many full time trolls here but we have members who arent here to learn or share they want to try to make out their opinions are the only correct ones and thats fine until it gets stupid which it quickly does. I did just have a thread derailed in what i considered trolling to trigger and of course i was greated with the rubber glue rejoinder.

I never want anyone to take me very seriously as i dont take anything on here seriously.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, the13bats said:

"Aye" Are you a pirate? i know a guy who says "yar" a lot he thinks hes a pirate.

Anyway no rational person denies UFO by definition exist some are explained so no longer unidentified, others remain unexplained but not once has a UFO been explained ( and proven ) to be aliens.

You can go to clickbait claptrap all you desire ill stick to accredited science.

Aye that's it, I think I'm a pirate.  Your scientific brain has once again cracked it.

• Haha 2