Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alex Jones Files for Bankruptcy

Scholar4Truth

Infowars founder and host Alex Jones, who has been ordered by courts to pay nearly $1.5 billion to victims of the Sandy Hook school massacre, has filed for bankruptcy. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/infowars-host-alex-jones-who-owes-1-5-billion-to-sandy-hook-families-files-for-bankruptcy/ar-AA14PYPt?cvid=cfba0bb8f4de4ec69ad5779f19f33196

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

He should leave the country if he can't ever earn a living and not pay every penny to his enemies.  What he did over Sandy Hook was disgusting and I think he should have been penalized for the pain he caused BUT, 1.5 BILLION?  REALLY?  If that judgment stays in place, the man will be a pauper for the rest of his life and those who want that, deserve some angst, themselves.

• Like 1

How far should personal responsibility and integrity go?  Not far enough to to make someone a pauper?  Not prison mind you , but just lower them into the pool with millions of other Americans, broke? Is it unfair that millions of other people are paupers, or lose their house and become homeless because they were irresponsible or made a bad decision? Any angst over that?

• Like 6

Like I said, anyone who supports the government being able to beggar a man for the rest of his life just because he OFFENDED people, THEY deserve to get the same treatment.  That's nothing more than petty revenge taken to the nuclear level.  I hope he has good counsel on how to shelter some of his assets or he should just pull stakes and tell them to go eff themselves as he's on the way out of America.

I know you can't relate, but there are people more than offended when someone claims their children were not slaughtered, they receive death threats and attempts to dig up the kids graves and Alex is making bank by broadcasting these claims.  He may not even believe what he says, its just for money. He made money off his false claims. Now its time to give it back. If you don't want him to be broke, buy more of his supplements.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, and-then said:

or he should just pull stakes and tell them to go eff themselves as he's on the way out of America.

Mars would be good.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, and-then said:

Like I said, anyone who supports the government being able to beggar a man for the rest of his life just because he OFFENDED people, THEY deserve to get the same treatment.  That's nothing more than petty revenge taken to the nuclear level.  I hope he has good counsel on how to shelter some of his assets or he should just pull stakes and tell them to go eff themselves as he's on the way out of America.

It's not that he "offended people" it's that he caused people who lost their ****en child to be harassed, stalked, and threatened by a bunch of crazy people who watched Jones show. People who were convinced and wanted to prove that they were "crisis actors" and that their children were secretly alive. Listen to the families testimonies sometime.

Jones profits off of saying crazy things and he for once said something crazy enough that it hurt people enough to prove damages to a judge and jury. 

Without damages there would have been no court case.

I have no sympathy for Jones. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, and-then said:

He should leave the country if he can't ever earn a living and not pay every penny to his enemies.  What he did over Sandy Hook was disgusting and I think he should have been penalized for the pain he caused BUT, 1.5 BILLION?  REALLY?  If that judgment stays in place, the man will be a pauper for the rest of his life and those who want that, deserve some angst, themselves.

Grow up. This ass created untold damage, and pain to the families of the slain children. He doubled, and tripled down.on his claims when told to stop. He deserves time in prison. Yet here you are defending him by saying he should just run to avoid his comeuppance. Party of law, and order indeed.

• Like 6

I am 100% certain that Alex Jones will live in more comfort than most if not all posters here even after this ruling.  The very same weirdos that are out there desecrating childrens graves will still contribute to him while watching his still continuing show.  The bankruptcy ploy is merely him shielding his money from being siezed- especially his future income.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I am 100% certain that Alex Jones will live in more comfort than most if not all posters here even after this ruling.  The very same weirdos that are out there desecrating childrens graves will still contribute to him while watching his still continuing show.  The bankruptcy ploy is merely him shielding his money from being siezed- especially his future income.

I hope there's a team of offshore finance lawyers who go through his finances with a fine tooth comb. Otherwise justice in the US is a farce.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, and-then said:

I think it sends a great message to conspiracy theorists and those who believe that the 1st Amendment protects them no matter what they say. While this case is the exception I think it’s going to become normal in our future. By making it the norm people will think twice before saying that elections were stolen, that voting machines were rigged, and all the other crazy conspiracy theories that go along with such nonsense. I think Tucker Carlson of Fox News may fall into a similar trap,  I can see something similar happening to him in the future, the guy just doesn’t care who he hurts or the damage he causes with Tucker there are no boundaries he will not cross.

I honestly hope to see more of these people prosecuted in the future.

JIMHO

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I think the message that’s put out by his conviction may make others think before they continue down a similar path to his. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, and-then said:

Isn't that a wonderful thought. A person that gets hordes of money by telling horrible lies is left in the end as a pauper.

I love it. Liars end up being losers. What a wonderful situation.

Maybe this can be a trend - liars end up being paupers.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Let’s see you explain your position to the people harmed by the policies you support, I’m sure they will understand, 

if that’s your position, then Trump should sue the entire MSM for 10 quadrillion bazillion dollars and you would support a ruling in his favor but you won’t because you believe the same **** they sell. 

The Covington kids is a good point but you are either elevating Alex Jones to CNN or reducing CNN to Alex Jones,

If Trump has a defamation cause than nonething is stopping him from bringing it to court.

Never claimed CNN and Alex Jones have equal sized audiences.

The point was the Alex Jones, Dominion, and Covington kid are all are clear examples of defamation.

Jones got what he deserved

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, el midgetron said:

- post removed -

You have never lost a child obviously, I have however, but not in a situation like Sandy Hook. There is nothing political about this, except in your mind. To say the entire event was hoax, and that the child and the child’s parents were actors which caused those people to be harassed and to receive death threats, now that about is twisted and sick as it can get. The loss of my daughter still makes me break down on the anniversary of her death, and at other times that lead up to her death so I can honestly understand the emotional pain and suffering Jones comments caused those parents.

I certainly don’t agree with a child being sexually altered until they become an adult and make the decision for themselves. But, your use of the subject here is Whataboutism and nothing more, and your defense of Alex Jones along with your Whataboutism only proves your morally bankrupt and no better than he is. Even in the 1st Amendment there are limitations to what someone can say, now with this case the Precedent for what can’t be said is much better defined. Because in reality the 1st Amendment and all others are loosely written, legal cases that fall upon those Amendments define them.

Words have consequences especially when those words are uttered by people in a place of authority like the Media and by our Government Representatives. The 2020 election is clear proof what Lies, Conspiracy Theories and Disinformation can cause and are still causing Nationwide. This case is a wonderful situation, because until the Alex Jones case there was no Legal Precedent within the 1st Amendment  for the Conspiracy Theories, Disinformation and Lies. Now however there is a Legal Precedent for those in the future who openly lie and create intentional disinformation.

I think those like you and those who you politically support are going to start thinking before making ridiculous false claims like the Voting Machines are rigged and the election results are do to fraud. Hopefully in the future people will have proof before they make up falsely ridiculous claims.  

• Like 3

Thread cleaned

Enough with the personal insults, folks.

• Like 1