Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10-year-old Wisconsin boy charged as adult in fatal shooting of mother over Amazon Order

Scholar4Truth

10-year-old Wisconsin boy will be charged as an adult after allegedly killing his mother when she wouldn't allow him to buy an expensive virtual reality headset from Amazon, https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/10-year-old-wisconsin-boy-charged-adult-fatal-shooting-mother-amazon-o-rcna59605

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 8

Charged as an adult at 10?  Because killing your mother for not buying you a video game is an adult thing to do I guess.  

• Like 5

If I was a juror in that case I’d have to find him innocent. You can’t hold his as responsible, or punish him in the same way, as you would an adult. 

Then I’d turn to the prosecutor and call him an idiot for wasting all our time, and for making me set this boy free instead of getting him the help he needs. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Ya, I'll bet he'll learn his lesson being repeatedly sodomized, and abused in prison. Is charging him as an adult supposed to send a message to other 10 year olds? 

2 hours ago, susieice said:

It's shocking that 10 yr olds would do something like this these days. Who hasn't been told at some point that we couldn't have something because of cost or some other reason?

Apparently, a LOT of today's youth have been "raised" with no boundaries at all.

image.jpeg.574e8ba2eae04e06aaa41c6f5f86bff3.jpeg

This kid is either a demon seed OR mentally ill.  No remorse and the ability to try to cover up his deeds.  I'd hate to know he lived near me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, and-then said:

Apparently, a LOT of today's youth have been "raised" with no boundaries at all.

image.jpeg.574e8ba2eae04e06aaa41c6f5f86bff3.jpeg

This kid is either a demon seed OR mentally ill.  No remorse and the ability to try to cover up his deeds.  I'd hate to know he lived near me.

You blame everything but the true culprit. If the kid hadn't of had easy access to a gun, this story wouldn't exist. Pathetic. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

You blame everything but the true culprit. If the kid hadn't of had easy access to a gun, this story wouldn't exist. Pathetic.

I know I don't comment on much, but by far this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I remember being told that Christmas was going to be slim when I was 10 or 11. And I had easy access to guns, they were kept in the back of the closet. ( Late 70's early 80's) At no point did I think "hey I may as well kill my parents because I'm not getting what I want." The child is sick like "end-then" said. And if it goes to trial and this child is not dealt with harshly imaging all the other stupid young kids that are going to be, "he got away with it" attitude.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, NorthenerON said:

I know I don't comment on much, but by far this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I remember being told that Christmas was going to be slim when I was 10 or 11. And I had easy access to guns, they were kept in the back of the closet. ( Late 70's early 80's) At no point did I think "hey I may as well kill my parents because I'm not getting what I want." The child is sick like "end-then" said. And if it goes to trial and this child is not dealt with harshly imaging all the other stupid young kids that are going to be, "he got away with it" attitude.

You're entitled to your overly harsh opinion. Sure the kid may have mental problems, but to try him as an adult? The kid needs psychiatric help, not locked up for life. You think he's a monster now? Let's see what he becomes after serving prison time, then released on the public with no therapy. Perhaps the child would have been better served if the cops had just shot him on site? Hmmm?

I stand by my words. No firearm=no story.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OverSword said:

Charged as an adult at 10?  Because killing your mother for not buying you a video game is an adult thing to do I guess.  

The child premeditated the murder of his own MOTHER.  He then tried to lie his way out of it.  Those are the actions of a severely disturbed mind.  I don't think trying him as an adult is necessarily a good plan but if the situation would leave him in a low-security juvenile lock-up with other children who HADN'T murdered, that would hardly be safe or fair to the other kids.  This boy is severely broken by any rational standard.

8 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Ya, I'll bet he'll learn his lesson being repeatedly sodomized, and abused in prison. Is charging him as an adult supposed to send a message to other 10 year olds? 

Drama much?  Just because he will be tried and held responsible for premeditated murder does not mean he will be tossed into an adult prison block and handed over to rapists.  My guess is he'll spend very little time in a traditional lock-up.  He is BROKEN and the only way he can safely be allowed back into society is to find why and how he is broken and try to help him.  Actually, he'll likely be safer than your average kid his age in public school in Blue States...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Prison rape and abuse isn't common unless the person is a class A ass and p***ed off a lot of inmates.

And rape is almost unheard of among Blacks who get p***ed at Whites for doing it. 

If he does go to a youth prison he'll be recruited into a gang if anything.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I'd have to find him guilty and hope he gets help he needs but is kept locked out of society.  Maybe forever.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

There's probably a lot more to the story.

Kid either has a lot of abuse or trauma. Or the kid has some extreme congnitive delays. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I'd have to find him guilty and hope he gets help he needs but is kept locked out of society.  Maybe forever.

THIS^... Ten years old.  I simply can't grasp how a child of that age could be so totally callous toward the person that in most families would be the dearest to him.  I have feeling there's a lot more in the background of this story.  If not, and it really is as simple as a feral child, then God help us.  

• Like 4

On 12/3/2022 at 11:11 AM, Hankenhunter said:

Yep.

Gun culture. A black mark on America.

People talk about killing others like it's nothing and are somehow surprised when it affects people like this. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2022 at 1:35 AM, and-then said:

THIS^... Ten years old.  I simply can't grasp how a child of that age could be so totally callous toward the person that in most families would be the dearest to him.  I have feeling there's a lot more in the background of this story.  If not, and it really is as simple as a feral child, then God help us.  

Your constant promotion of gun culture results in things like this. Desensitisation of the danger of guns.

Edited by psyche101
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2022 at 12:09 PM, NorthenerON said:

I must admit that I'm surprised that today's 10-year-olds are paying attenttion to the sentencing outcomes of pre-teens.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 3

On 12/2/2022 at 8:11 PM, Hankenhunter said:

And if his mother chose to abort him, she'd still be alive today! Blame the mother. Blame the gun. Blame the gun manufacturer. 

Blame every one and every thing but the true culprit. 

• Like 1

Damn i guess i will loose cool points for what im gonna say but i really do not think this is about the gun that was locked in a box, we have a spoiled entitled monster who killed his mom over not getting his way then in an act of no remorse or regret ordered his toy the next day that isnt a sane mind no way and had it not been a gun he would have acted out to harm her in some other way,

The whole try a minor as an adult is stupid try them as what they are but do not cut slack on a sentence because they are a minor.

This kid is sick way sick i have no clue if he can be helped because any sane person couldnt live with themselves doing such a thing so the main focus is dont let him kill again and again if someone else doesnt hand him what he demands.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 6:40 AM, Myles said:

I gotta imagine, if found guilty as an adult, for premeditated murder, he will be sentenced as an adult would. Life in a maximum security prison. Will probably have to spend his childhood in isolation. Then get thrown to the wolves at 18. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Damn i guess i will loose cool points for what im gonna say but i really do not think this is about the gun that was locked in a box, we have a spoiled entitled monster who killed his mom over not getting his way then in an act of no remorse or regret ordered his toy the next day that isnt a sane mind no way and had it not been a gun he would have acted out to harm her in some other way,

The whole try a minor as an adult is stupid try them as what they are but do not cut slack on a sentence because they are a minor.

This kid is sick way sick i have no clue if he can be helped because any sane person couldnt live with themselves doing such a thing so the main focus is dont let him kill again and again if someone else doesnt hand him what he demands.

Yep. This kid needs a mental hospital. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yep. This kid needs a mental hospital. 

He's a ticking time bomb. 

When the full realisation of what he has done sinks in, I can't imagine what might happen. I think it won't be pretty. 

• Like 3

On 12/2/2022 at 6:05 PM, and-then said:

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.

People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.”  2 Timothy 3:5 

________
What this forecaster describes, would only be possible during a time of relative, historic wealth, across most classes of society. A time, unimaginable during antiquity, and preindustrial history.

This is describing post industrialization, but “last days,” marks the invention of true fire, from heaven, when mankind became capable of destroying Creation, and approaching the Tree of Life, and attempting to nullify the Resurrection through DNA engineering.

• Haha 1

Apart from any religious concept, this is a sign post for a unique time in human history.

How someone living 2,000 years ago, could imagine such a time is remarkable to me, regardless of any faith.

Before we acquired such wealth, children would have been fearful of trying to make it without their own clan or parents, etc. 

I would also argue that the invention of television, and modern media have changed children’s minds to seem more adult-like. The reality is, no 10-year-old that I know, has the maturity or cognitive ability to make an adult decision. So the prosecutor is wrong to even contemplate an adult charge.

The state’s behavior is equally problematic, for failing to see the age for what it is. It sends a message that lying to the public, is Ok.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

And if his mother chose to abort him, she'd still be alive today! Blame the mother. Blame the gun. Blame the gun manufacturer. 

Blame every one and every thing but the true culprit. 

I know a couple that kept a gun BECAUSE they were raising a psychopath. They knew it from the time he was a toddler and sent him off on his own as soon as they could. I won't be surprised if I see his name in one of these stories eventually.

• Confused 1