Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Most Haunted Place in Every State

Grim Reaper 6

Whether you believe in spirits from beyond or not, the stories of America’s most haunted places are sure to give you goosebumps. 

Every U.S. state has a handful of destinations where dark histories have given way to paranormal activity. From east to west, north to south and everywhere in between, America is no stranger to the occult. Continue reading to learn about the most haunted place in every U.S. state. If you dare.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/the-most-haunted-place-in-every-state/ar-AA13ch34?ocid=EMMX&cvid=22d17a96737041c3ab60a6344e363bd

The Most Haunted Place in Every State’ Complete list state by state https://www.farandwide.com/s/most-haunted-united-states-30ee9ee054784f05?utm_source=msn

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I looked at the list.   I am not sure the Kimo Theater is the most haunted in New Mexico.  There is a train station hotel near Santa Fe that is more famous for being haunted.   But it is a cool list.   Thanks for posting it.

I have driven by the prison in Delaware.  At the time I don't think they gave tours but my daughter told me all the stories.  It is a spooky looking place.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The TOP hain't in Bama is a a guy who was an angry malcontent in life AND death ;)  I don't actually believe our spirit stays here and certainly it doesn't "return" but if it did, I'd have to cut this James "Slag" Wormwood a little break.  Falling into a molten slag pit would be one of the top 5 ways NOT to die ;) 

The Alaska ghosties are in Skagway at the Red Onion Saloon (and once upon a time, bordello)  I've actually visited that saloon :w00t:  It was several years after I'd stopped drinking (the FIRST time).  The wife and I were on our one and only cruise that summer.  Alaska!  Inside passage out of Vancouver, BC.  Skagway was the most interesting day trip.  Ketchikan was also interesting.  That name means - "Thundering Wings of an Eagle"  We visited a salmon canning factory.  I'd LOVE to go back on that trip, again.  

It was one of the two BEST vacations we'd ever taken.  The other one was a road trip through the Four Corners.  We flew to Albuquerque, stayed one night then drove up through Sante Fe, to Grand Junction, Colorado, did a little whitewater rafting on the Greene River then on Moab, Utah.  THAT was the single most inhospitable location I've seen before or since ;)   Then we drove through the painted desert and on to the Grand Canyon.  Next was Winslow, AZ to the "Meteor Crater park"  THAT was awesome!  If you've ever watched STARMAN with Jeff Bridges, the final scene in the movie was filmed there.  From there, back to Albuquerque and a flight home.  I think I drove over 2000 miles on that trip.  

• Like 5

I'd have thought the most haunted spot in MS would have been the old asylum that now has a level one trauma center on it.  Some archaeologists discover a huge number of graves around that property.  Most of them were deaths from TB or those who died in the mental asylum.

• Like 3

It just lists reportedly haunted places, not that there’s any rhyme or reason to it…like I seemed to infer from the opener.  This is the same thing as saying, “There are haunted places all over the world” and then making a list of supposedly haunted places.  That’s no good.  There’s supposedly a couple haunted places in Charleston, didn’t see those make the list.  Whatever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

It just lists reportedly haunted places, not that there’s any rhyme or reason to it…like I seemed to infer from the opener.  This is the same thing as saying, “There are haunted places all over the world” and then making a list of supposedly haunted places.  That’s no good.  There’s supposedly a couple haunted places in Charleston, didn’t see those make the list.  Whatever.

The title of the thread is the most haunted location in each state. For South Carolina it lists The Magnolia Plantation and Gardens in Charleston.

Did you miss that?

• Like 2

It's a seasonal story for Hallowe'en, and its hard to manage 50 items, especially considering how few Americans have actually visited all fifty states, probably the writer hasn't. Never mind the hauntings, just the simple geography can be hard to keep straight if you've only read about these places. (IRL, I know a couple who've come to the US from Eastern Europe and have been visiting every state capital, a few each year. It's kinda cool, but how many people born in the USA would ever do something like that?)

For New Hampshire, they list Mountain Washington, with a picture of the mountain. What they mean is the Mount Washington Hotel, which is a resort in Bretton Woods. The resort is near Mount Washington, but not on it. It's famous for being the birthplace of the now defunct international exchange rate system which came into use after WW II (the "Bretton Woods Conference" of 1944). Maybe it's haunted by bankers :ph34r: .

It is possible to arrange to stay the night on the summit of Mt Washington, at the weather station. Reputedly, this station records the worst weather in North America. I don't know of any ghosts up there, which is strange in itself given the number of people who have died miserably on the mountain over the years (in addition to bad weather, the weather is rapidly changeable, and lots of people who set out in good hiking conditions have gotten caught in blizzards; some of them didn't come back).

Interesting article all the same.

• Like 3

I've been to a few of the places mentioned.

Some places I thought I might see:

• St Albans asylum in Virginia
  • Pt Lookout lighthouse in Maryland
  • St James hotel in Cimarron NM

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I've been to a few of the places mentioned.

Some places I thought I might see:

• St Albans asylum in Virginia
  • Pt Lookout lighthouse in Maryland
  • St James hotel in Cimarron NM

That's the hotel I mentioned, couldn't remember the name of it.  St. James hotel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That's the hotel I mentioned, couldn't remember the name of it.  St. James hotel.

I've stayed there. It's got such a fabulous history. I love the signs all over the place saying such things as no ouija boards or open flames.

• Like 2