Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Harry & Meghan | Official Teaser | Netflix

Still Waters

The biggest surprise of this week’s release of a trailer for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s forthcoming Netflix documentary is that it appeared at all. Amid speculation that the programme – entitled Harry & Meghan – was still being edited or had been delayed until next year, here, finally, was a commitment that the tell-all would soon make it to the air.

“When the stakes were this high, doesn’t it make more sense to hear our story from us?” Meghan is seen asking.

But the decision to put out the minute-long clip – in which the couple pledge to give viewers their account of royal life – came at an awkward time for the rest of the royal family, who were dealing with a race row and the start of the Prince and Princess of Wales’ tour of the US.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/dec/02/harry-meghan-film-is-high-stakes-for-former-royals-and-for-netflix

• Like 4

A photograph in Harry and Meghan's Netflix trailer showing they were supposedly hounded by paparazzi was actually taken at a Harry Potter premiere five years before they met.

The image shows a large number of photographers purportedly fighting for space to snap pictures of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

But they were in fact alongside the red carpet at the premiere for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two in central London - the final film of JK Rowling's franchise - which no royals attended.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/news/photo-in-trailer-showing-how-sussexes-were-pursued-by-press-was-actually-taken-at-film-premiere/ar-AA14Tt5O?ocid=BingHp01&cvid=49d43c10cd474ef6bfc8976f8b42570b

All these two do is lie.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

A photograph in Harry and Meghan's Netflix trailer showing they were supposedly hounded by paparazzi was actually taken at a Harry Potter premiere five years before they met.

The image shows a large number of photographers purportedly fighting for space to snap pictures of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

But they were in fact alongside the red carpet at the premiere for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two in central London - the final film of JK Rowling's franchise - which no royals attended.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/news/photo-in-trailer-showing-how-sussexes-were-pursued-by-press-was-actually-taken-at-film-premiere/ar-AA14Tt5O?ocid=BingHp01&cvid=49d43c10cd474ef6bfc8976f8b42570b

All these two do is lie.

I saw that too. It made me chuckle. Harry and Meg are on a mission to make themselves the least popular couple in the UK, and they are doing a lot of damage to the RF. No dignity. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pellinore said:

I saw that too. It made me chuckle. Harry and Meg are on a mission to make themselves the least popular couple in the UK, and they are doing a lot of damage to the RF. No dignity. 

Well, it's worked on me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

All these two do is lie.

From your article

Royal expert Ingrid Seward told The Sun: 'I don’t imagine Harry would have realised, but Netflix have been careless here as it weakens Harry’s comment about protecting his family. This fake picture weakens his point.'

It is understood that no members of the Royal Family attended the premiere.

Instead, the photo appears first under search results for 'paparazzi' on stock image website Alamy.

• Like 2

There was us thinking aristocracy was about wealth and privilege, according to Harry it is some sort of servitude. 'We just want privacy'; they say as they sign up to another Netflix series and invite cameras to trail around after them everywhere.

Prince Harry speaks of the "leaking and... planting of stories" as part of a "dirty game" in a new trailer for the Harry and Meghan series on Netflix.

He describes the "pain and suffering of women marrying into this institution" in an apparent reference to his wife, Meghan, and mother, Princess Diana.

The issue of race is raised, with a commentator saying of the couple's experience: "It's about hatred. It's about race."

Prince Harry says 'it's a dirty game' in new Netflix trailer - BBC News

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

"The issue of race is raised, with a commentator saying of the couple's experience: "It's about hatred. It's about race."

Bo**ocks

The idea of these two playing the victim card is laugh out loud funny.

Harry's real father must be so disappointed.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Imagine that, a television show pretending to be factual and purposely lying.   All shows are made for entertainment value.  Whether is is on The History Channel or a claimed documentary.  They are in no ways required to be honest and truthful..  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Harry's real father must be so disappointed.

The gene for red hair seems to come from his mother’s side.  Diana’s sister Sarah has reddish hair.  My daughter has blue eyes.  Both myself and her father have brown.  Definitely no third person involved in her conception.  My father had blue eyes, my mother brown.  Recessive genes can dominate when both parents have the recessive gene, even unknowingly.

Edited by Susanc241
To clarify a point.
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Susanc241 said:

The gene for red hair seems to come from his mother’s side.  Diana’s sister Sarah has reddish hair.  My daughter has blue eyes.  Both myself and her father have brown.  Definitely no third person involved in her conception.  My father had blue eyes, my mother brown.  Recessive genes can dominate when both parents have the recessive gene, even unknowingly.

prince-harry-james-hewitt-1522075601.jpg

• Like 1

Four major fibs in Meghan Markle and Harry’s Netflix doc exposed as experts slam plot to ‘destroy monarchy with lies

Amid growing fury, the latest Netflix promo:

• USES footage of journalists waiting outside court for Katie Price last year to illustrate the media frenzy around the couple;
  • GIVES the impression a lone snapper covertly photographed Harry, Meghan and son Archie inside a private home — when it was pre-agreed coverage of a visit to Archbishop Desmond Tutu;
  • SHOWS cameras round a limo before the trailer cuts to tearful Meghan — when the passenger was in fact Donald Trump’s ex-lawyer;
  • COMES after the first trailer showed a press pack at a Harry Potter film premiere years before the couple had met.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/20659800/harry-meghan-netflix-trailer-lies-press-intrusion/

• Like 2

I saw the Queen once, about 20 years ago; she was in a limo waiting to get petrol at a garage in Wales. She looked exactly like she did on TV. Though come to think of it, it might have been Jeanette Charles.

Edited by pellinore

In the side view of Hewitt and Harry, the nose is the same, but  not the ear. Hewitt's appears to  be set higher up, and it looks narrower than Harry's  . Harry's chin  seems to jut out more than James. I have blue grey eyes. My mom 's was brown, my dad's blue as was my brother and sister.  They look more german,which daddy was, but i take after momma's side which is hungarian. She always said I had the Magyar eyes, referring to the fact I guess they are more  almond shaped. Had a lady who was eastern european that onced asked me if I was russian, to which I replied no. Did tell her what  I was, and we had relatives in Latvia, so who knows , might even have some russian blood in there some place.

We all have doppelgängers but he is as like his grandfather as he is James Hewitt, who I believe his mother did not know at the time he was conceived.  We can all guess as much as we like but as the royals do not do DNA testing we have to live with the fact that Charles is on his birth certificate as his father.  Nothing would please me more than finding out he is not Charles’ son.

• Like 1

More than two million people watched the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's new Netflix series in the UK on Thursday.

The first episode of Harry & Meghan was seen by 2.4 million people on TV sets on its launch day, ratings show.

That is the biggest single-day audience for any Netflix show since the streamer joined ratings body Barb in October.

It is more than double the first-day figure for the latest series of The Crown, and the same number as watched BBC One's EastEnders on Thursday.

The first three episodes in the duke and duchess's highly-publicised six-part series became available on Netflix at 08:00 GMT.

As well as the 2.4 million viewers for the first instalment, episode two had 1.5 million viewers on the first day, and the third part attracted 800,000.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63915851

• Like 1

Lord Frost has accused Harry and Meghan of using their controversial Netflix series to 'smear' millions of Brexit voters.

In a powerful intervention, the former Brexit minister rubbished the suggestion that the UK's departure from the EU triggered a racist backlash that helped force them out.

Lord Frost said the Sussexes' 'self-indulgent' documentary 'resurrects the tired old criticism that our decision to leave the EU was driven by racism – and even asserts that such attitudes worsened pressures on their marriage'.

Lord Frost accuses Harry and Meghan of 'smearing' millions of Brexit voters after new Netflix series | Daily Mail Online

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 1

Prince Harry was criticised today for not stepping in to prevent his wife from performing an ostentatious curtsey - said to have 'mocked the Queen' - on Netflix. 

Tory MP Mark Jenkinson was unable to keep silent on the rogue bow, which was part of the miniseries unleashed on the world yesterday morning.

Married father-of-four Mr Jenkinson, 40, appeared to suggest Harry should have somehow prevented or stuck up for the Queen after the curtsey took place.

MP Mark Jenkinson slams Prince Harry for 'sitting and watching' as Meghan Markle 'mocks' Queen | Daily Mail Online

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 1

Quite frankly, I think Harry's completely lost his mind and/ or suffers from second son syndrome. He'll certainly have a heaping helping of crow to eat, after the divorce.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pellinore said:

I didn't realise that Megan is a Princess- I knew she was a Duchess, but as Prince Harry's wife, she also hold the title as "Princess".Meghan Markle Won't Lose Her Princess Title, Royal Experts Say (insider.com)

I didn't know she was a Princess either. Lilibet may be now that her grandfather is the King.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2022 at 6:37 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

Well, it's worked on me.

There was a time when I actually had a better impression of Harry than of any other member of that family except the Queen.  Now, I'll just shake my head when we read that her "nonroyal highness" has divorced him and taken the kids.  He'll then get a chance to experience some public humiliation from the other side of the camera...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, susieice said:

I didn't know she was a Princess either. Lilibet may be now that her grandfather is the King.

Megan is very pretty. She would have been adopted as the UKs favourite "fairy-tale Princess" if it hadn't been for that, you know, "heritage" thing. 

• Confused 2