Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Air Force unveils new B-21 Raider nuclear stealth bomber

Still Waters

The US Air Force has unveiled its newest nuclear stealth bomber, the B-21, which will gradually replace aircraft first flown in the Cold War.

The first new bomber in 30 years could cost nearly $700m (£569m) each and can carry nuclear and conventional weapons.

As expected, specific details of the aircraft remain shrouded in secrecy.

But US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin said it was "a testament to America's enduring advantages in ingenuity and innovation".

The B-21 Raider was unveiled during a ceremony on Friday at manufacturer Northrop Grumman's facility in California.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63845082

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I wasn't aware that we were even working on new stealth bombers.  If this thing is remotely as effective as they claim, the CCP better take notice.  FTM, Kim in NK might want to dig his bunker a little deeper, as well.  It sounds like a wonderful achievement in technology but these days it's harder to take pride in anything our government is involved in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Billions and billions of dollars spent to protect us from ourselves...how sad that really is

cool aircraft tho...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

As technology has advanced so has the US capability for research and development in the area of stealth platforms. The B-21 raider is the latest program to finally be announced to the general public.

"B-21 Raider stealth bomber unveiled by Northrop Grumman and U.S. Air Force"

https://aeronewsglobal.com/video-b-21-raider-stealth-bomber-unveiled-by-northrop-grumman-and-u-s-air-force/?fbclid=IwAR1Z3TZN4hn9urVuh00TMdOy_AULDJ3QD88IViLFo-OmADx9gk0-zWD_tD4

"Unveiled on the evening of December 2nd in California, B-21 Raider – the world’s first 6th generation aircraft – joins the nuclear triad as a visible and flexible deterrent designed for the U.S. Air Force to meet its most complex missions. The B-21 Raider forms the backbone of the future for U.S. air power, leading a powerful family of systems that deliver a new era of capability and flexibility through advanced integration of data, sensors and weapons. Its sixth-generation capabilities include stealth, information advantage and open architecture."

“The B-21 Raider is a testament to America’s enduring advantages in ingenuity and innovation. And it’s proof of the Department’s long-term commitment to building advanced capabilities that will fortify America’s ability to deter aggression, today and into the future. Now, strengthening and sustaining U.S. deterrence is at the heart of our National Defense Strategy,” said Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III."

317824188_5669778116431575_5865404621874431573_n.jpg

317508227_5669778186431568_1626329127893806519_n.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Cool! But it makes me wonder what is waiting in the wings at the friendly, neighborhood Skunk Works shop. If they're rolling this out to show to everybody and his brother, they must have something really nifty that we're not seeing.

• Like 9

Let's just hope they are also training warriors to USE the fancy tech.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, and-then said:

Let's just hope they are also training warriors to USE the fancy tech.

Pilots are regularly trained up during the final phases of development. Their "train the trainer" programs are very comprehensive. When platforms are finally fielded there are normally several cadres trained on the item.

What do you think about that design and profile? One would think to the untrained eye, this would represent something otherworldly.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mr Guitar said:

Cool! But it makes me wonder what is waiting in the wings at the friendly, neighborhood Skunk Works shop. If they're rolling this out to show to everybody and his brother, they must have something really nifty that we're not seeing.

You're getting warmer...

This particular project has been under development for quite a long time. You are definitely on the right path though. There are items under development and testing that we'll say are far more exotic and advanced than this amazing aircraft.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, khol said:

Billions and billions of dollars spent to protect us from ourselves...how sad that really is

cool aircraft tho...

It's just the reality of life.  Or... to quote Lex Luthor:

"Son, stocks may rise and fall, utilities and transportation systems may collapse. People are no damn good, but they will always need land and they will pay through the nose to get it!  :lol:

• Like 1

No great surprise..... saw Tom Cruise flying it in Top Gun 2 months ago. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Trelane said:

One would think to the untrained eye, this would represent something otherworldly.

It really does "break the mold" so to speak.  I grew up idolizing the men who flew Lightnings and Corsairs so I've always had a little trouble thinking well of an aircraft that couldn't be controlled without computer input but that's the world we have.  Billy Mitchell would think the thing was an alien ship ;) 

Just an aside, I once got a Christmas gift of a 30 minute flight in a T-6 Texan trainer.  I sat the front seat and after the pilot got a clear mile of air under us he let me take the stick.  Those things were so simple that I was able to complete aileron rolls, and snap out of them dead level to the horizon.  Nothing but a stick and two pedals :tu:   The company was called North American Top Gun out of Florida somewhere.  

• Like 4

Great story, great comments, and GO AMERICA!

Gotta keep-up with those countries continuing to develop advanced offensive weapons platforms.

40 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Great story, great comments, and GO AMERICA!

Gotta keep-up with those countries continuing to develop advanced offensive weapons platforms.

The interesting thing is it's not even close to the most exotic thing developed in the last 20 years.

Another hugely expensive war toy that we will likely never use. 

We have land-based ICBMs in silos in the mid-west, we have nuclear submarines armed with many missiles each with multiple warheads,
and we have long range bombers to deliver bombs, too. Just how much did the Military improve its posture here at its ability to deliver nukes?? not much!

$700 million apiece??? 

• Like 2

This is the teuangular ufo reported by many ufo enthusiasts 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

Except for the enthusiasts that were confused by the B–2.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 12:06 PM, Mr Guitar said:

Apparently the SR-72 Darkstar UAV is real and is twice as fast as the SR-71 Black Bird and allegedly capable of offensive missions as well.

• Like 4

On 12/4/2022 at 5:49 AM, Trelane said:

As technology has advanced so has the US capability for research and development in the area of stealth platforms. The B-21 raider is the latest program to finally be announced to the general public.

"B-21 Raider stealth bomber unveiled by Northrop Grumman and U.S. Air Force"

https://aeronewsglobal.com/video-b-21-raider-stealth-bomber-unveiled-by-northrop-grumman-and-u-s-air-force/?fbclid=IwAR1Z3TZN4hn9urVuh00TMdOy_AULDJ3QD88IViLFo-OmADx9gk0-zWD_tD4

"Unveiled on the evening of December 2nd in California, B-21 Raider – the world’s first 6th generation aircraft – joins the nuclear triad as a visible and flexible deterrent designed for the U.S. Air Force to meet its most complex missions. The B-21 Raider forms the backbone of the future for U.S. air power, leading a powerful family of systems that deliver a new era of capability and flexibility through advanced integration of data, sensors and weapons. Its sixth-generation capabilities include stealth, information advantage and open architecture."

“The B-21 Raider is a testament to America’s enduring advantages in ingenuity and innovation. And it’s proof of the Department’s long-term commitment to building advanced capabilities that will fortify America’s ability to deter aggression, today and into the future. Now, strengthening and sustaining U.S. deterrence is at the heart of our National Defense Strategy,” said Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III."

317824188_5669778116431575_5865404621874431573_n.jpg

317508227_5669778186431568_1626329127893806519_n.jpg

6A410AA7-3E20-4EBA-B501-68773A0FF05B.jpeg.dba31cab227a48c97ae8aafe6a5cf819.jpeg

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
Colonel O'Neill would approve.
  • Haha 2

On 12/7/2022 at 12:08 AM, qxcontinuum said:

Some, but if you’ve ever seen one of these man-made bombers fly over your head, you won’t easily mistake them for the vehicles making advanced g maneuvers that would turn the human body to mush.

High acceleration vehicles registering mass are not man-made, as even our vehicles cannot withstand the g forces commonly observed.

We can’t even make drones that move like these things, because they are using materials made for a different kind of life.

”We wrestle not against flesh and blood,” is an understatement. “You’ll need a new body to exist in their world,” is an understatement.

Our technology can easily be destroyed and replaced by theirs. The reason why this hasn’t happened is debatable beyond the scope of religion.

My guess is, we are an experiment inside a cage, not made of iron bars, but something confining us in other ways. To exist in their world is to accept their master, who is reportedly Jesus Christ. I can understand the skepticism, but not the logic of it.

I accept the argument because it rings true for reasons beyond religion. For example, how do you reproduce something like they are, but without the power of self annihilation? You could make a prototype which has certain limitations.

We have now reached the level of self-destruction, which is expected, and perhaps even a necessary step in our maturity. “The harvest is ripe,” etc.

With a modest amount of reason and humility, we are invited to cross over to their world, using a template of non-destructive behavior. 

Were I self created, I could argue for my own existence, but I cannot, nor should I try. My cage is my body, and these vehicles we’ve seen are examples of a world we need help crossing over to. It’s a leap we cannot logically make alone, and I accept that limitation, and the arguments why.

Edited by Raptor Witness

On 12/4/2022 at 12:55 AM, and-then said:

I wasn't aware that we were even working on new stealth bombers.  If this thing is remotely as effective as they claim, the CCP better take notice.  FTM, Kim in NK might want to dig his bunker a little deeper, as well.  It sounds like a wonderful achievement in technology but these days it's harder to take pride in anything our government is involved in.

That’s kind sad dude, I am surprised you would make a comment like that this Aircraft was designed, built and tested by Americans. What, are thinking it’s hard to take pride in anything our Government is involved with! How, can you allow your political views to effect your views of a extremely advanced piece of technology that keeps our Nation ahead of the rest of the world which is contingent our peoples safety no matter who is our office.

I have sincerely have enjoyed our conversations over the last few months, but you taking your political affiliation and beliefs to place which I is a bit ridiculously shocking and your allowing the old Andthen to come back. I am not being condescending, I have very strong views of Donald Trump like you do about other politicians and most others who know me are aware of it. But, i certainly don’t bring them into almost every thread I post in.

Think about what your doing here!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 5:06 AM, Mr Guitar said:

Well, our technology when unveiled is many years old before we ever see it, so I am certain your right. But these days Groom Lake isn’t  the only location where advanced technology is being designed, built and tested it far too well known now thanks to the so called ufologists. Also with the current satellite technologies imaging abilities it’s hard fat at groom lake without leaving  a heat and methane signature behind.

So like you said there is certainly technology that will be unveiled in our near future that will most likely blow peoples minds. Now, I must add that comments are based solely on my opinion I don’t have any insider information, all the comments I made are hinted at within government sources if you look closely.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Colonel O'Neill would approve.

Hell yes he would, it’s very possible the basis for this technology was brought back through the Stargate!:yes::D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2022 at 2:08 PM, qxcontinuum said:

Your certainly not far of base, with you comments here. I remember it like it was yesterday the first time I saw a F-117A Stealth fighter. My unit was located on the Saudi Arabian side of the huge birm that spanned the Saudi - Iraqi border. It was a clear night which I believe was January 16 - 17, 1991, anyway the air campaign during Operation Desert Storm had finally started which meant the Ground War would be starting soon according to our mission plans. Anyway, I preferred to spend as much time out of the TOC as possible so I would spend my time with my soldiers on perimeter defense. Well, as usual I was out with soldiers when one them shouted look up, and coming directly from behind us were 3 V-shaped Dealt Winged Aircraft that where flying in a V-Shaped Formation at low altitude silhouetted against the moonlight.

They ended up flying directly over us and I knew in spit second they were F-117A Stealth fighters because there was simply nothing else they could be. They were headings into Iraq and I believe that night their mission was Baghdad because they flew north once they crossed the border. The thing that impressed the most was that they were almost absolutely silent, in fact if you didn’t see them they would have passed by without anyone knowing it. After, that we use to watch for them almost ever night until the ground war began, like I said it was an experience I will never forget.:tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1