Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

California panel estimates $569 billion in reparations is owed to black residents


el midgetron
 Share

Recommended Posts

A California task force studying the long-term effects of slavery and systemic racism on black residents in the state has estimated a whopping $569 billion in reparations is owed to the descendants of enslaved people, according to a report. 

The nine-member panel concluded that black Californians whose ancestors were in the US in the 19th century are due $223,200 each due to housing discrimination practices utilized from 1933 to 1977, the New York Times reported. 

The work of the Reparations Task Force, which was created by legislation Gov. Gavin Newsom signed in 2020 — and the potential payouts –represent the largest reparations effort in recent history.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/02/california-panel-estimates-569-billion-in-reparations-is-owed-to-black-residents/

If this is what Democrats spend their time doing, they should be responsible for the payout. 

  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is Gavin goes through with reparations like that than his presidential run chances are pretty much done lol

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That’s the thing, he’s not going to so what’s the point of this? To divide people? Virtue signal? Pass the buck? 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

How far back in time are we allowed to go. Can we go back as far as ancient rome, the mongals, the persians? Just asking for a friend.

Far enough back to cover my ancestors, but no further :whistle:

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My father was enslaved by the communists / russians for simply existing. Do I get "free" money?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

That’s the thing, he’s not going to so what’s the point of this? To divide people? Virtue signal? Pass the buck? 

I think he's positioning himself for a run in '24.  There was a time when I'd have laughed at a fool like this but lately, these fools have been given the power to implement their idiocy.  I saw a poll yesterday that had DeSantis TIED with Joe Biden.  Think about that...  IF Biden runs and is re-elected short of a major turn around and boom economy, then I will have totally lost faith in our system and will be disconnecting at full speed.  Let it burn...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Bavarian Raven said:

My father was enslaved by the communists / russians for simply existing. Do I get "free" money?

I grew up dirt poor in south Alabama and my mom's father was a sharecropper working alongside black men in the same existence.  MOST whites in the south were like that.  To force modern people who had no benefit or personal responsibility for slavery, to pay money to OTHER modern Americans who were never enslaved, does nothing but tear the country down even further.  It will engender anger, even hate, and will cause racism to grow.  

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, and-then said:

I grew up dirt poor in south Alabama and my mom's father was a sharecropper working alongside black men in the same existence.  MOST whites in the south were like that.  To force modern people who had no benefit or personal responsibility for slavery, to pay money to OTHER modern Americans who were never enslaved, does nothing but tear the country down even further.  It will engender anger, even hate, and will cause racism to grow.

:nw:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, and-then said:

I think he's positioning himself for a run in '24.  There was a time when I'd have laughed at a fool like this but lately, these fools have been given the power to implement their idiocy.  I saw a poll yesterday that had DeSantis TIED with Joe Biden.  Think about that...  IF Biden runs and is re-elected short of a major turn around and boom economy, then I will have totally lost faith in our system and will be disconnecting at full speed.  Let it burn...

I really don't think something like 200k per person in reparations would make you popular nationality.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think in most circumstances you could buy my vote for 200k. The choice between having some ********* as president or having some ********** as president and also having 200k in my pocket is easy enough to make. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I think in most circumstances you could buy my vote for 200k. The choice between having some ********* as president or having some ********** as president and also having 200k in my pocket is easy enough to make. 

But there is also the reaction of those not getting the money to consider 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hell.... I say "Pay Them!". California will just pop up a new tax to pay for it.

Then two years later, see if it did any good at all. 95% of the people will spend it immediately on something stupid, and continue living the same lifestyle. Though some probably will buy a bigger house, and not be able to afford it later. Buy a nicer car, and not be able to afford it later. Buy jewelry, which they'll be too scared to wear. Quit their job, and not be able to find another one. AND THEN they'll just continue to complain about racism, inequality, unfairness, and such anyway. Reparations will fix nothing. It's only good to buy voter votes.

Probably the reparations would count as income and be subject to taxes. To which all those near, or below, poverty, who carefully balance their income and their entitlements, will NOT qualify for their entitlements anymore. and so have to work the system all over again. Causing undo hardships to POC and the working poor.

I bet a study of "who profited from this", will show only the state government profited, and most, if not all, those given a reparation ended up with a negative side affect. 

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I really don't think something like 200k per person in reparations would make you popular nationality.

 

Obama gave a $8000 tax break for new homeowners and that made him VERY popular.

With $200k, I think many urban poor would believe they wouldn't need to work for years and years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It might work, especially if you add “and that’s it. No more talk of oppression or lost rights because of the past. We’re all equal now” or something similar. Sure, pay everyone with a slave in their ancestry $200k. But also end all the programs to “readvantageise African Americans”. No more equal opportunity laws, no more quotas for employment. Just “we’re all equal now. The systemic discrimination has been repaired”. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2022 at 11:00 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It might work, especially if you add “and that’s it. No more talk of oppression or lost rights because of the past. We’re all equal now” or something similar. Sure, pay everyone with a slave in their ancestry $200k. But also end all the programs to “readvantageise African Americans”. No more equal opportunity laws, no more quotas for employment. Just “we’re all equal now. The systemic discrimination has been repaired”. 

That's my problem with it. Is that I know that wouldn't be that's it for a ton of people. It would be the same old same old still. 

Would just make more animosity between races because of it 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2022 at 8:14 PM, DieChecker said:

Obama gave a $8000 tax break for new homeowners and that made him VERY popular.

With $200k, I think many urban poor would believe they wouldn't need to work for years and years. 

True. I think American psyche has this weird thing where we don't count taxbreaks as giving people money lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2022 at 8:49 AM, and-then said:

I grew up dirt poor in south Alabama and my mom's father was a sharecropper working alongside black men in the same existence.  MOST whites in the south were like that.  To force modern people who had no benefit or personal responsibility for slavery, to pay money to OTHER modern Americans who were never enslaved, does nothing but tear the country down even further.  It will engender anger, even hate, and will cause racism to grow.  

That's the plan. This is all part of the plan to destroy the country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're seeing it everywhere.

'I try to undermine that BS in my classroom': English teacher claims teaching kids 'how to write properly' is rooted in white supremacy

https://www.theblaze.com/news/english-teacher-claims-teaching-proper-writing-is-rooted-white-supremacy

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's see, the origin of the USA was based on England with a bit of several other European Imperial powers...

And English was the default language for hundreds of years...

So, the majority of the population is white, for the entire length of national history. (Including England/UK.)

So because the language in the US reflects the majority... Its racist. Got it...

What's the other option? Tear down and rebuild the language from the ground up to be kind to snowflakes and be more inclusive??

At work they had us scrub our documentation and remove the words... slave, master, and jig (June 2020). Regardless of the context. Jig was replaced by fixture, and slave/master was replaced by primary/secondary. Which, I suppose is fine.

BUT... Much later (late 2021) I found many parts around the work area still labeled as Slave, or Master... computer drives, and USB drive images of drives. And jig, as in Alignment Jig... And I pointed it out, expecting to be told I should update the labeling. But was told, "Whatever, just leave it".

So that told me the corporate opinion. Changed from "WHOA, What can we do to prove our inclusiveness and that we care!!", to (a little over a year later)... "Ahhh, FU## IT!!!".

Point being, if you imagine you'll change the language for idiot PC reasons, you're deluding yourself. 

I mean some people still say, "That's Retarded.", which even I find not tolerable. It has to be a generational change, not one of even a decade, but three, four, or five decades.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 6:34 PM, DieChecker said:

BUT... Much later (late 2021) I found many parts around the work area still labeled as Slave, or Master..

Believe it or not, sawmills were even more colorful and graphic back in the 90's. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

California’s Reparations Task Force Chair: Blacks Are Owed $1M Each, Homeless Should Be First in Line

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/06/californias-reparations-task-force-chair-blacks-owed-1m-each-homeless-should-first-line/

Give a million dollars to people who over represent the mentally ill and drug addicted. What could go wrong? 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.